+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

Palesa

Aug 4, 2015
Palesa said:
Good day all, sorry to ask something that might have been answered.
I have a Diploma in Fashion from a Polytechnic and I'm not sure if WES can evaluate it. I have tried to contact them without success.
I'm not sure what they term occupational or professional credentials.
Is there anyone who got evaluated by WES on a diploma similar to mine?

thank you in advance
Please assist anyone?

coloursoflife

Aug 6, 2015
Hello Friends,

I have done 3 years B. Com (Mumbai Univ), 3 years part time Master's Degree in Marketing Management (Mumbai Univ) & 1 year PG Diploma in Advertising & PR (Private College).
Should I send all the 3 degrees for ECA to WES?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
coloursoflife said:
Hello Friends,

I have done 3 years B. Com (Mumbai Univ), 3 years part time Master's Degree in Marketing Management (Mumbai Univ) & 1 year PG Diploma in Advertising & PR (Private College).
Should I send all the 3 degrees for ECA to WES?
Yes. You can send all three to WES.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
coloursoflife said:
Has anyone used IQAS for ECA.
They are not listed on CIC site, but they too provide ECA services, hence asking
They are listed on cic website:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-eca-which-is-preferredwes-ces-or-icas-t297238.0.html;msg4543525#msg4543525

coloursoflife

Aug 6, 2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes. You can send all three to WES.
Thanks for your feedback.
One more query, while filling up the online form on WES website:
In case of PG Diploma in Advtg & PR, what should I select -----
For "Institute Type"
  • University Education
    State Boards: Technical Education
    State Boards: General Nursing and Midwifery
    Professional Education
    Secondary Education

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
coloursoflife said:
Thanks for your feedback.
One more query, while filling up the online form on WES website:
In case of PG Diploma in Advtg & PR, what should I select -----
For "Institute Type"
  • University Education
    State Boards: Technical Education
    State Boards: General Nursing and Midwifery
    Professional Education
    Secondary Education
Choose the type of the diploma/degree issuing body. If you have a bachelor's degree, then, you have to select "University Education"
For Diplomas, it most probably is "State Board - Technical Education".

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Can_US said:
munjal

BCIT Service fees: http://www.bcit.ca/ices/eca/servicefees.shtml

It is $200 per educational credential. Does it means for BSc and MSc = $400? Or is it $200 only? to add courier and other fees

They offer Rush Services which is $400 per educational credential
Could any one clarify this with ICES? I think they will charge $200 per degree so for BSc MSc it will be $400
Can we just get our masters degree evaluated? Since we need to claim points only for the highest degree. In their website they have not specified unlike in CES that we need to submit BSc degree also in order to get our MSc evaluated.
Any one with information please share.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Can_US said:
I am trying to get more info on this one point. Is the wrong evaluation of a 3-yr BSc and 2-yr MSc combo (from India) bcoz Canadian BSc is a 4-yr program? Or is it a 3-yr program?

Can someone tell me:
For Canadian BSc (Pure Science):
What is the admission qualification required?
How long it takes to complete a Canadian BSc? Is it 3 yrs or 4 yrs? I am not asking about Honours degree
How many credits?

For Canadian MSc (Pure Science):
How long it takes to complete a Canadian MSc? Is it 3 yrs or 4 yrs?
How many credits?

For Canadian PhD (Pure Science):
Please visit this website to get your answers in detail:

http://cicic.ca/857/Study.canada

I doubt anyone on the forum can give you concrete and correct answer to your detailed questions.

Hope this website helps :)

Can_US

Star Member
May 7, 2015
Thank you Sita1987

I might be wrong. I am trying to understand why WES evaluate 2-yr MBA as Masters degree but not 2-yr MSc.

Many members got MBA as Masters evaluation without even sending Bachelor degree for evaluation. You know in India MBA is possible after BSc, BCom or BA. In effect it means Bachelor degree does not matter for Masters evaluation by WES in case of MBA.

For Both cases the Total no. of yrs of study is same right from school to MSc. I am wondering why then the difference in assessment between MSc and MBA

MSc has thesis or project work like MBA. MSc has industry visits like MBA.

Very few persons who does MBA pursues PhD. But some MSc degree holders will pursue PhD. We all know admission to PhD is not possible with BSc degree. Only someone with MSc (or MPhil) can get admission to PhD.

Therefore MSc cannot be a 1-yr graduate study after BSc if someone is going for PhD whereas MBA is evaluated as Masters by WES

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Can_US said:
Thank you Sita1987

I might be wrong. I am trying to understand why WES evaluate 2-yr MBA as Masters degree but not 2-yr MSc.

Many members got MBA as Masters evaluation without even sending Bachelor degree for evaluation. You know in India MBA is possible after BSc, BCom or BA. In effect it means Bachelor degree does not matter for Masters evaluation by WES in case of MBA.

For Both cases the Total no. of yrs of study is same right from school to MSc. I am wondering why then the difference in assessment between MSc and MBA

MSc has thesis or project work like MBA. MSc has industry visits like MBA.

Very few persons who does MBA pursues PhD. But some MSc degree holders will pursue PhD. We all know admission to PhD is not possible with BSc degree. Only someone with MSc (or MPhil) can get admission to PhD.

Therefore MSc cannot be a 1-yr graduate study after BSc if someone is going for PhD whereas MBA is evaluated as Masters by WES
I am totally with you on this..In fact in my many mails/queries to WES I have very clearly pointed this anomaly to them. I have given them so many examples of my classmates and even juniors who are currently pursuing PHDs from renowned univ in US and Canada. Even their is a scholarship program by the Gov of Quebec in association with my university for PHD programs in Canada...for which MSc degree from India is the qualifying criteria! But to no avail, WES does not give specific replies to such queries only standard blanket replies which give us no answer.
I feel it is high time CIC steps in and ensures that the agencies it lists in its own website for ECA follow some uniformity and gives similar ECA for similar kinds of degrees. Until then we will suffer at their hands.
I just saw some new information in the CIC website:

"Express Entry education factor
University degree at the Doctoral (PhD) level
University degree at the Master’s level
Professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.
ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree
Footnotes
Footnote 1
Note that this equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the “International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology” or the “International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta.” These designated organizations indicate outcomes in English only."

So now it means and ECA from ICES or IQAS stating "one year graduate study with a focus in XYZ" can claim points for two or more post-secondary degree. !! But same assessment from WES is equal to zero points :(

Cherobic

Aug 12, 2015
Hello People, I have done my Bachelors in Architecture. Please share which is the quickest and supportive for ECA WES, CES or ICAS?

Responses will be highly-appreciated as I am about to send my docs for assessment soon?

Thank you.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cherobic said:
Hello People, I have done my Bachelors in Architecture. Please share which is the quickest and supportive for ECA WES, CES or ICAS?

Responses will be highly-appreciated as I am about to send my docs for assessment soon?

Thank you.
Hi Cherobic,
WES is the quickest of all and good if you have only bachelors degree to evaluate

WES takes only 21-30 days for complete ECA.