For ECA which is preferred-WES, CES or ICAS

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahhek said:
I have 4+2 for Bachelors and Masters
Oops..
still it is considered as 4 years bachelors??

Yours is first instance where I have seen that 4yrs bachelors+2 yrs Masters is evaluated as 4 yrs canadian bachelors.

So, what did you do? Have you submitted your EE Profile with this ECA??

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Oops..
still it is considered as 4 years bachelors??

Yours is first instance where I have seen that 4yrs bachelors+2 yrs Masters is evaluated as 4 yrs canadian bachelors.

So, what did you do? Have you submitted your EE Profile with this ECA??

The link I shared, that person also have a 4+2 from my university and CES worked for him so I will also try CES now. I have submitted my profile but once my CES evaluation is returned and there is a change, I will update it :)

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mahhek said:
The link I shared, that person also have a 4+2 from my university and CES worked for him so I will also try CES now. I have submitted my profile but once my CES evaluation is returned and there is a change, I will update it :)
Ok. Good Luck for CES .
It now takes 13 weeks to complete ECA from CES.

How much time it took for you since you sent your docs to CES?

Pls share your ECA once it is completed with CES.

Render-yo

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
thank you @munjal For your reply ;D

I'm going for CES and i hope that you all receive an equivalent degree to your diplomas

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Render-yo said:
thank you @ munjal For your reply ;D

I'm going for CES and i hope that you all receive an equivalent degree to your diplomas
Ya, thats good choice..

thanks and good luck to you too. :)

mahhek

Apr 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
munjal said:
Ok. Good Luck for CES .

Haven't started it yet. Will probably start it in a couple of days. Will keep you posted :) and thank you!!

affan_123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
munjal said:
Ok. Good Luck for CES .

Feel lucky dear, it was 17 when I submitted my application.

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
WES CANADA is very hectic experience -

I have submitted BUNCH of Masters and Bachelor degree certificate and All annual marksheet in 1 university sealed envelope after Attestation from the University.

Total 7 document Stapled and put in an envelope In order - M.Sc cert then 2 M.Sc marksheet then Bachelor Cert and 3 marksheet.

Now WES saying they only received only Certificates and not any marksheets .. hows that possible and how ridicules.

I asked them many times what are document you got .. and they just don;t bother to list them out.

Is anyone aware of if there is any format for MarkSheet or WES is just wasting our time.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Hate to be the dissonant voice again because surprisingly that is being viewed, of late, as being defensive instead of just having a rational viewpoint.

Before you decide to engage CES, it might be worthwhile to note that the member who reported a change (check that thread link which was shared earlier on this thread) had a Bachelors and Masters in Computer Science (possibly Engineering). And I imagine those are fairly regularly evaluated as equivalent to Canadian Masters by WES as well. The bone of contention has been the BA/MA, BSc/MSc, BCom/MCom combinations.

Might be worth checking around if anyone with those combinations got a different result. Your call though.

Hope it works out well for you. All the best!
Thanks for your replies Asivad and Munjal

@Asivad: you are right in saying that there is no clarity whether CES is evaluating or has evaluated any B.Sc. (3 years) and M.Sc. (2 years) specifically as masters as opposed to bachelors degree (4years) given by WES.
Both WES and CES evaluate MBAs (1.5 to 2 years) and of course engineering degrees as masters.
So homework for me to dig around more and check if people with B.Sc. + M.Sc are getting evaluated as masters by CES, only then will I submit my documents to CES for re-evaluation.
But I think for those of us in the forum who are debating which organization to choose for their initial evaluation it is better to go for CES as we all know the results expected from WES. No harm in giving CES a try rather than wasting money and time on WES when we know the outcome.

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharing one more real example where WES have offered changes in ECA after re-validation:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-one-year-of-graduate-study-credentials-changed-on-wes-revalidation-o-t283023.0.html

Caspper said:
Hey guys, just to let you know that I finally managed to have WES to re-validate my credentials.

They first assessed my Post Graduation as "One year of graduate study" that wasn't giving me any extra points, after the revalidation they changed my credentials to Post Graduate Certificate (one year), now I can claim points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees since I also have a 3 years diploma.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-got-one-year-graduate-study-in-wes-report-t264792.0.html;msg4463903#msg4463903

Caspper said:
Here are my two cents, back in January WES assessed my diplomas as :

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (three years) and one year of graduate study

Even though, I believed that I was already qualified to two or more diplomas section, to avoid any misunderstanding with CIC, I asked WES to review my ECA, I explained that CIC isn't clear if one year of graduate study would be recognized or not. After couple weeks, they replied and changed my equivalency to:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Diploma (three years) and post-graduate certificate (one year)

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
munjal said:
Sharing one more real example where WES have offered changes in ECA after re-validation:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/got-one-year-of-graduate-study-credentials-changed-on-wes-revalidation-o-t283023.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/anybody-got-one-year-graduate-study-in-wes-report-t264792.0.html;msg4463903#msg4463903
That sure sounds promising but just a word of caution here. Caspper's case was slightly different...see here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-eca-which-is-preferredwes-ces-or-icas/-t283023.0.html;msg4279587#msg4279587

Caspper said:
Hi, here are the full details from WES

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Título de Tecnólogo
(Title of Technologist)
Year: 2010
Awarded by: Technological Federal University of Paraná
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Digital Communication Engineering
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Certificado do Curso de Pós-Graduação
(Post-Graduate Program Certificate)
Year: 2013
Awarded by: Pontifical Catholic University of Paraná
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Engineering Project Management
Canadian Equivalency: Post-graduate certificate (one year)
It is not exactly bachelors in pure science/commerce/arts..it is an bachelor in engineering again followed by a post-graduate program in engineering.

Sita1987

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
03-11-2015
Med's Done....
08-11-2015
Passport Req..
30-03-2016
There is however one more forum member who has managed to re-evaluate their ECA into this:

oasis.gc1 said:
I received my ECA report that says:

B.com - Bachelor's degree (four years)
Masters - Post graduate diploma

overall - post graduate diploma one year

can I claim two or more dipomas or degrees options in my ECA?

thanks
I am sure this person had a B.Sc.(3 years) + M.Sc. (2 years) kind of pattern:
oasis.gc1 said:
I heard back from WES and they mentioned that they can not change my bachelors equivalency to masters. I have 3 years bachelors and 2 years masters.

I have asked them to move one year graduate study to study towards masters. Lets see what happens. Did any one try this before with WES???
oasis.gc1 said:
Hey

I submitted my application for ECA and received the report. I have done my masters from Pune University, India which is a known university and the program is also Masters in XYZ and is a two years full-time program.

However, I received the report as equivalent to Bachelors Degree only. Any clue ?? Any suggestions?

They have listed both the degree too, but gave only bachelor's equivalency. I am also not sure where should I consider myself in CRS calculator - two or more degrees or bachelor's?

Please help
I am trying to check with Oasis..but seems he/she is busy or not visited the forum since yesterday.
@Oasis: please share your experience with all of us..it will be useful to many

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
haceeb said:
Anyone? Please? :-X
WES evaluates PGD in different ways for different people. A person who had PGD applied for WES Evaluation got his summary as "Masters" and another guy got it as undergraduate Certificate :( . So, you cannot be sure which one you will get. I have no idea about how CES evaluates. So, do some research and then apply. Good luck!