+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

woodmans

Aug 6, 2009
Hi
Bobby1, all the documents can be copies EXCEPT police certificates, as far as I know. ALL the copies need to be certified be a Commisioner of Oaths (you can find a list of solicitors that offer this service on the internet).
I think the employment documentation needs to be signed or verified by your employers aswell.
I don't know how long we will have to go without our passports, but I can't imagine it would be a very long time; I think they only ask for the original passport when you have been given a visa, when we get our requests we will just send a copy.
It is nice to see everyone sympathising.....and supporting each other, a shared frustration is much easier to bear, ;)
Sarah x

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
piolo said:
Hi, also a Nov. 2007 , still waiting. Just keep this thread alive and we will be there.

yeah and better to post here, as it will update us alll as well with the happenings..........

cheers

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had changed my home in JUL and updated to CHC London about the new address, I send them 2 emails, twice filled the web form and courier them a letter, and today got email from CHC London, they wrote that the address has been updated in the records, but it might not reflect in the web status, also they mentioned that my application is still under the processing time, and they will send the update letter once the "time" comes.

cheers

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Mehpk, you received a standard reply from CHC. I don't know why but October/Nov 2007 applicants have been delayed by atleast a year for their update letters which is rather strange. I am Sept 2007 London applicant and was expecting to receive my update letter some time in Oct/Nov 2009 but received in March 2010 instead and it was outrage everywhere ehere everyone was saying where are the update letters. Guys have everyone of you thought to leave a case specific enq to CHC just to sort of push them a bit. One email per person might do the thing?

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadtajwer said:
Mehpk, you received a standard reply from CHC. I don't know why but October/Nov 2007 applicants have been delayed by atleast a year for their update letters which is rather strange. I am Sept 2007 London applicant and was expecting to receive my update letter some time in Oct/Nov 2009 but received in March 2010 instead and it was outrage everywhere ehere everyone was saying where are the update letters. Guys have everyone of you thought to leave a case specific enq to CHC just to sort of push them a bit. One email per person might do the thing?

Ahmed thanks for writing, and you are very correct. I sent them 3 emails to know the status of the application, but every time they said that application is under processing time. So I thought not to bug them more, lets see, there is good in every thing. I think we might get update letters around DEC / JAN, lets see inshAllah.

best regards

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guy's,
I personally think their is hardly anything that an applicant can do to move things (them). All you(one) can do is just hope and speculate, but continue to build on one's life in the present situation. Obviously, I'd like to condemn and criticize them (CIC London especially) but looking at the number of people who have applied and apply, and are contemplating to apply, as well as the number of countries they take care of (now including Pakistan), you just can't. I am sure most will have to wait for the 48Months (if not beyond) as stated in their AOR's.

Good Luck to you all!!!.

BobbyB

Bobby1

Jan 9, 2010
Hello everyone,
It has happened the same with me, even i have updated my communication address and yet i see the same old address when i log in, They might have updated their records but not the website display for some reason. how sure are you that they have updated their records atleast ?
I guess we are being over optimistic about receiving the documents update letter how ever our AOR does clearly specifies about waiting time of 40-48month and as well specifies not to nag them before this period, for Oct & Nov2007 applicants including me- its just 36months.
I know most of us hate this waiting times but then what can be done apart from keeping our fingers crossed and keeping this thread alive.
its good that some of us are using the representative and some aren't, its better we keep each other updated even with the slightest news we hear or get to hear.

cheers

shoaibuc

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-June-2013
Doc's Request.
(PCC+Schedule-A) 24-June-2014
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
12-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxxxxx
LANDED..........
InshAllah Nov./Dec.
Its great that I found this thread. I got application number in Feb 2008, under old system, I guess I am in the same boat as you guys. For me just 30 months are passed. 48 months looks a long time. Is it possible to apply a new application in the news system with spouse as the main applicant??? Any ideas.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shoaibuc said:
Its great that I found this thread. I got application number in Feb 2008, under old system, I guess I am in the same boat as you guys. For me just 30 months are passed. 48 months looks a long time. Is it possible to apply a new application in the news system with spouse as the main applicant??? Any ideas.
Yes, as long as she qualifies.

elie72

Sep 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Aug 2007
Doc's Request.
17 Aug 2009
AOR Received.
13 Aug 2007
Med's Request
March 2011
Med's Done....
08 April 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05 October 2011
LANDED..........
23 December 2011
I applied in August 2007. In August 2009, the CIC London request to send the documentation. In Dec 2009, i sent all the requested documents except police certificate of Saudi arabia (Since currently i am resident of KSA). No answer until now. I tried to make a follow up. I received a letter saying my file is under process and it will take between 42-48 months to get it done. I am now 37 months

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elie72 said:
I applied in August 2007. In August 2009, the CIC London request to send the documentation. In Dec 2009, i sent all the requested documents except police certificate of Saudi arabia (Since currently i am resident of KSA). No answer until now. I tried to make a follow up. I received a letter saying my file is under process and it will take between 42-48 months to get it done. I am now 37 months
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-applicants-of-2007-in-london-has-anyone-received-documents-update-letter-t19564.0.html;msg422094#msg422094

shoaibuc

Star Member
Sep 13, 2010
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-June-2013
Doc's Request.
(PCC+Schedule-A) 24-June-2014
AOR Received.
26-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
12-08-2014
Med's Done....
12-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
xxxxxxxx
LANDED..........
InshAllah Nov./Dec.
She is a physician. I think she qualifies. Can you give me any link which gives me details that new application can be filed by the spouse if one already exists.