+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For Applicants of 2007 (in London): Has Anyone received documents update letter?

tonnyinchina

Star Member
Mar 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
15th October 2010
BobbyB said:
Thanks Mate. That resolves this issue at last. Exactly my understanding. Once again, Thank you.

BobbyB
Hey BobbyB....Long time! Howz the going? Man,I finally made the landing. I am in Edmonton. Its been almost a month. Things not so fine jobwise. It's kind of tight and jobs seems to be based on who you know or atleast where you worked before ( in canada). Howz your case going?

Deeaar

Oct 27, 2010
ABU DHABI , UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NOC Code......
(1241-B) Oct 2007
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG 2007
Doc's Request.
AUG 2007
AOR Received.
OCT 2007
IELTS Request
FEB 2008 ( Total Band 8 )
File Transfer...
MARCH 2010
Med's Request
15/10/2010
Med's Done....
26/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/03/2011. Sent on 08/03/2011
VISA ISSUED...
30/03/2011
LANDED..........
25 July 2011
Hi Guys..

I am also from Oct 2007 batch and have completed my medicals on 26/10/10 and sent on 31/10. Now a days i can see that the process is quite faster than before.
God willing you all will recv your med req soon.
Keep us updated.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tonnyinchina said:
Hey BobbyB....Long time! Howz the going? Man,I finally made the landing. I am in Edmonton. Its been almost a month. Things not so fine jobwise. It's kind of tight and jobs seems to be based on who you know or atleast where you worked before ( in canada). Howz your case going?
Hi Tonnyinchina or should I now say "TonnyinCanada",

Congrats Man. Well most people say that their are no Jobs, so I guess you are not the only one facing this situation. Hope and pray that you get something soon. I am fine, and my case is still "In process" as usual. No docs update, no letter, nothing for the past 36Months.
Maybe this is a blessing in disguise for me, as I have a well run biz here which has picked up brilliantly again even in this hard/rainy days.
My wife has just been promoted too, so no regrets on that side. Maybe they are doing me a favor which I am failing to see.
It's human nature, isn't it? when you have a Bird in hand you fail to cherish and value it, but when it flies away then.............!!
Maybe I should just sit tight and let nature and time take its cause.

Anyway, Good luck and hope that you find something ASAP. I know it's difficult sitting down without doing anything, especially if you are used to it. I personally will go crazy if I don't have something doing. I have been working non stop for over 22years, hence I plan day in day out and believe me, I have and will continue to do my home work properly before landing and finally moving( even when/If I get the Visa).

However, now that you are there, don't give up. Keep looking and work hard to get into something whilst exploring other areas, things and ways.
Success will surely come with time. Although, they say all goods things come to those who wait and have patience, but in this case it is otherwise.

Keep fit and keep posting.

Once again, best of Luck.

BobbyB

KShahid

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 10
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Aug 10
Med's Done....
Aug 10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 10
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11
LANDED..........
Last week of March 2011. (Alhamdolillah)
Hello Bobby and other friends,

After 2 months of medical I sent the enquiry and got a generic reply to wait till Dec10/Jan11 for PPR. So I am going on hibernating mode on Canadian Immigration till that time.
I wish all the best wishes for all of you. Trust the God as he will bring whatever is the best for us.

Regards,

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KShahid said:
Hello Bobby and other friends,

After 2 months of medical I sent the enquiry and got a generic reply to wait till Dec10/Jan11 for PPR. So I am going on hibernating mode on Canadian Immigration till that time.
I wish all the best wishes for all of you. Trust the God as he will bring whatever is the best for us.

Regards,
Kshahid,
Congrats Man. That's in fact good news for you. At least you can start planning ahead as u are sure early next year something is going to happen.

Good Luck.

BobbyB

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Congrats KShalid, they have been sending this reply to almost everyone who has had their medical. I am wondering how many visas they gonna issue in Jan and Feb. I hope and pray good for everyone.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I sent my medical in July and got a reply from immigration saying that they still expect to have my case finalised by early March 2011, which would work quite well for me. I guess I am just anxious to get the process done, since I would not be moving to Canada until July or August anyway because I need to finish a work project.

I just hope that his information is true.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edupolo said:
I sent my medical in July and got a reply from immigration saying that they still expect to have my case finalised by early March 2011, which would work quite well for me. I guess I am just anxious to get the process done, since I would not be moving to Canada until July or August anyway because I need to finish a work project.

I just hope that his information is true.
Congrats Man. Just Chill till then. Xmas and New year are round the corner. Lot's of things to keep you busy!!!

Good luck.

BobbyB

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
BobbyB said:
Dear,
Maybe with regards to Canadian Immigration, I may not be lucky, but believe me, in every other way, Thanks be to the almighty, I am and have been very lucky in life. I cannot thank him enough. However, If this immigration stuff is luck based , which it looks to be, and I am not lucky enough, then so be it.

Hope you are having a good time in Canada.

BobbyB
Life is canada is not a joke. I find it so so hard in some way. Big change from UK system from social to family, transport etc. Most employers dont accept foreign experience which made it so hard, but thank God I have been working for now 1 + most of my friends whom we came with as new immigrants had to go back to retrain in colleges some even changed courses But well all is well it took me a year to get a G2 life was really not easy though.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
martha marita said:
BobbyB
Life is canada is not a joke. I find it so so hard in some way. Big change from UK system from social to family, transport etc. Most employers dont accept foreign experience which made it so hard, but thank God I have been working for now 1 + most of my friends whom we came with as new immigrants had to go back to retrain in colleges some even changed courses But well all is well it took me a year to get a G2 life was really not easy though.
Hi Martha,
Hope all is well with you.
Good for you that you made it at last and that you are settling down.

Thanks for the post.

Regards,
BobbyB

mehpk

Nov 2, 2007
Bahrain
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wrote a letter to CHC London, and asked about the update letter, they said that my application is still under processing time i.e. 42 - 48 months

cheers

AOR - NOV 2007 .............................

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehpk said:
I wrote a letter to CHC London, and asked about the update letter, they said that my application is still under processing time i.e. 42 - 48 months

cheers

AOR - NOV 2007 .............................
That is their standard answer to everybody who inquires.
There is a case that I have been following on BritishExpat forum about an applicant called "CP". I feel for the applicant. It is just not fair. The so called "procedural fairness" seems to have vanished from their dictionary with regards to this case. She/He is an April 2007 AOR.
The applicant got exactly the same reply. Unfortunately, the applicant can't do anything against it and they are, of course, aware of that.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?s=992e76fd7ea386ed9c7682c94e4b0ff8&t=613186&page=70

Anyway, at the pace they are going, I am not sure how they want to reach a decision within their specified time period, taking into consideration the fact that the first time limit/period (42Months) would expire in exactly 6Months.
Logically thinking, I also don't understand how they are going to decide on cases within the next 6Months and a year when documents to be decided on have not been requested and the fact that there are so many people still waiting that have had their documents requested and are still waiting for "Medicals" and a decision.

Again, If they have not been able to decide a case in the past 36months, for heaves sake, what would make an applicant feel and think that they will be able to do the same in 6-12 Months.

Good Luck.

BobbyB

sohaillactuca

Mar 12, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends
I applied in Dec. 2007 in simplified skilled category but still waiting for updates. My IELTS was expired on 6th July 2010 but i personally provided a copy to London office via a letter. I want to know that my previous IELTS will be considered or i have to appear in the exam again. Please guide me and i have to inquire regarding the delay or just close lips and wait.

KShahid

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
May 10
IELTS Request
Submitted with Docs
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Aug 10
Med's Done....
Aug 10
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 10
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 11
LANDED..........
Last week of March 2011. (Alhamdolillah)
I submitted ILETS of 2006 in 2009 at the time of documents update and it was accepted. I think ILETS should be valid at the time of application submittion