+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Leonidas81

Jul 19, 2016
Looks like I made another mistake (that's horrible - I know), it seems that I missed one of the dates in Q11. Most likely, they will return the application to me because of this stupid mistake. Anyhow, my application was delivered today but do you know how long will it take to send me back the application?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Looks like I made another mistake (that's horrible - I know), it seems that I missed one of the dates in Q11. Most likely, they will return the application to me because of this stupid mistake. Anyhow, my application was delivered today but do you know how long will it take to send me back the application?
Average return time for incomplete applications has been 40-45 days from delivery date. I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

Do you mean you have gaps in time periods ? If no gaps, then likely they won't catch this issue till after processing has begun. I think you can voluntarily withdraw after getting AOR, OR even update them on the mistake without withdrawing.

My application may be returned as well. We'll see.

Reactions: Leonidas81

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
I would advise everyone (who is a costco member or has a close friend or family....) to take their photos there. It cost less than $7 and they use the latest CIC photo instructions (stamp with all required info); you will just need to add your name on the back.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Average return time has been 40-45 days from delivery date. I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

i messed up too my form on 11 oct2017.
reapplied completed form yesterday 18 oct with cover, so if they return 11 oct they have 18th oct one on time.

i dont know if thats smart or will get me in trouble but iam risk taker.

Leonidas81

Jul 19, 2016
Average return time for incomplete applications has been 40-45 days from delivery date. I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

Do you mean you have gaps in time periods ? If no gaps, then likely they won't catch this issue till after processing has begun. I think you can voluntarily withdraw after getting AOR, OR even update them on the mistake without withdrawing.

There's a chance I left a gap in one of the entries, I am not sure yet but it's most likely the case. I just wrote all the details but looks like the dates were not there. The thing is, I am not 100% sure about that because I remember revising it before sending it but the electronic copy of the application suggests otherwise. Anyway, only time will tell. Will I be notified by email if the application is rejected? Also, do I have to pay the fees again?

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
There's a chance I left a gap in one of the entries, I am not sure yet but it's most likely the case. I just wrote all the details but looks like the dates were not there. The thing is, I am not 100% sure about that because I remember revising it before sending it but the electronic copy of the application suggests otherwise. Anyway, only time will tell. Will I be notified by email if the application is rejected? Also, do I have to pay the fees again?
I don't think they email if application is returned from Sydney before AOR. Also, you won't have to pay again if app is returned before AOR. However, if it returned after processing has begun (post AOR), then they will only refund $100 out of the $630. For post AOR returns, processing fee is forfeited, right to citizenship fee is refunded.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
i am in the same boat, the PDF copy i have is full of mess. If they return i wont get robbed another $630.
but sent another app yesterday which i hope will go through if first one if returned during AOR.

you dont pay another fee,

sooperdice

Star Member
Jul 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-04-2014
AOR Received.
03-06-2014
Med's Request
04-06-2015
Med's Done....
09-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
28-07-2015
Crap, i just realised the Application Date on my Physical Presence Calculator and signature date are not the same (i printed it on the 12th of october and signed it on the 17th).
Is this a big deal? Will they return the application?

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Crap, i just realised the Application Date on my Physical Presence Calculator and signature date are not the same (i printed it on the 12th of october and signed it on the 17th).
Is this a big deal? Will they return the application?
thats not big deal at all, as long as eligibillity question on actual form is also 12th oct matches u r good to go.

Reactions: sooperdice

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013
Hi Sooperdice, it seems quite a few of us did this: this was shared by another member:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q19

Q19: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A19: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there will be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.

So it shouldn't affect your application as long as you are eligible on the date you signed the form (hopefully anyway), but might cause delays while they recalculate your eligibility on the date you actually signed

Reactions: sooperdice

Leonidas81

Jul 19, 2016
I don't think they email if application is returned from Sydney before AOR. Also, you won't have to pay again if app is returned before AOR. However, if it returned after processing has begun (post AOR), then they will only refund $100 out of the $630. For post AOR returns, processing fee is forfeited, right to citizenship fee is refunded.
How will I find out if the application got rejected then? they will just return it to me by mail?
Also, is there a way to call IRCC, notify them, and send them a cover letter stating that I might have missed one of the dates?

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
i messed up too my form on 11 oct2017.
reapplied completed form yesterday 18 oct with cover, so if they return 11 oct they have 18th oct one on time.

i dont know if thats smart or will get me in trouble but iam risk taker.
Hello Folks,

When you send multiple applications to IRCC, this is how they are processed.

May be useful for those in this situation, please check the link below for different scenarios:

Procedures for the processing of multiple general applications

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/multiple.asp

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
How will I find out if the application got rejected then? they will just return it to me by mail?
Also, is there a way to call IRCC, notify them, and send them a cover letter stating that I might have missed one of the dates?
Yes, they return the entire application package via snail mail unfortunately. At this point, given we don't have a file reference number (available after AOR), I don't see a point in sending a cover letter.

Reactions: Leonidas81

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
I realized that I put Temporary Resident instead of Worker for the status question. I hope it's not a big deal. It's technicality. But not a big one I think.

vicwest

Sep 23, 2014
Hi,

I know someone asked this question but I couldn't find the answer. So, I'm asking again

I flagpoled to land as a PR. I forgot to mention it in the absence section in the calculator. Is this a problem?