+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
The CoPR photocopy requirement is removed from the adult document checklist (on the new form), but I see that it remains for minors (CIT 003).
Anyone else sees this?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
One of my friends forgot to add a course he took part time while being employed full time. Do you think it will matter?
i personally filled every educational history i had even part time courses, as long as there are no spaces between months i think it should be fine

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Wow .. what a roller coaster ride .. didn't it make them nervous to send out an app even though they got the printouts, etc in such a painful way ..lol ?
What was the rush i wonder .. especially for such an important milestone in our lives .. you'd think they'd wait and make sure .. just a question of few days to get some peace of mind ..
i'm still waiting a bit too .. will apply when the clouds clear ..

Just remembered a book i read from the West African writer, Chinua Achebe ..
He said there is a saying in Nigeria back in the day .. from 3 people walking in the bush at night .. the middle one is safest .. because the first one faces the ghosts, and last one has bent legs from running ..lol .. so don't file too early and don't file too late!
wow! i know him, he wrote things fall apart , loved his books am from there too,

thats such a smart saying, am applying November hopefully it wont be too late too, as by December everyone is probably preparing for the holiday

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
When you drop the calendar what happens? I tried it with the calendar thing and it always went back to YYYY/MM
Look at the headline of the form. It clearly says YYYY-MM. That's all you need. You can literally pick any day in the month it doesn't matter. It won't be printed.

Reactions: guddylover
I

Imam Gomaa

Are you sure ? I could've bet they would not accept the old forms.

COPR is not required for the application to be processed at this time. They may want to see it during the interview and/or oath.
The agent told me that they are accepting old forms till January 2018.

Reactions: iwodamiorie

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the past they were very strict with this. As soon as they announced the date the changes taking effect they took the old form out of the website.

If an application is received at the CPC-S on or after June 11, 2015, but an old version of the form (predating the June 2015 version) was used, the application will be returned to the applicant with the Incompleteness/Return Letter and will include information on the new requirements. The applicant will be required to submit the new application form [June 2015 version] along with any required documents or reapply when they are able to meet the new requirements.

There is a 90 day provision for family applicants in specific scenario. The Jan 2018 date they told you might be related to that.

Applicants with complete applications will have a maximum of 90 calendar days to resubmit their previously completed applications to be processed under the previous legislation. These applicants will be given the following options:...............................

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Last edited:

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Yes the forms are of-course accepted but the issue is will they be considered applying under pre-C6 4/6 rules or not? In that case if you have enough days you will be ok but otherwise no.

Reactions: rsn

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i doubt because a lot of others did not , i had to insist for the lady to stamp both too, if its an issue worst case scenario they will request for new photos just as an update
yes worst case they will ask for new photos only

• Your photographs must comply with the specifications below. If the photographs do not meet the specifications, you will have to provide new photographs before your application can be processed.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs-cit.asp

Reactions: ibry

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I think at this point, once you have applied, just keep hoping and praying for the best. You hardly can achieve anything by worrying. I wish you all the best and myself too.
Exactly. For my PR app years ago, they returned it as incomplete saying I didnt include a form even though I did. I sent the same application back with a cover letter saying check carefully before you return an application. They accepted it but I ended up losing a month and half for the needless back and forth.

TorontoFerrari

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-07-2013
AOR Received.
11-09-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
28-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-03-2014
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-03-2014
LANDED..........
29-03-2014
The CoPR photocopy requirement is removed from the adult document checklist (on the new form), but I see that it remains for minors (CIT 003).
Anyone else sees this?
Yes, i also noticed this but i sent CoPR for all family members.

Reactions: Joshua1

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I have a gut feeling we'll we ok too .. ;)
I think they will end up updating the form. If you expect a yes or no answer, dont say "click all that apply", explictly specify that a response is required.
I didnt even read school, self employed lines since I thought that wouldnt apply to me (employed the whole time).