+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

I

Imam Gomaa

if you are the only one who sent the application (i,e, no other family member in the same package) then I don't think there is any problem. Also, it only requires the name of the applicant not the date of birth.
I sent three applications; one for me and two for my daughters. Each application is fully stapled and I put all three together in one big clip.
Do you think I have to send a fax to tell them about the mistake. If yes, what is their fax number? Or can I call Canada post to return the application.
Thanks for the help.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Imam Gomaa

Also, I did not write the UCI # as it says on the application that "For Official USe Only". However, that UCI os already on my PR card.
Is that another mistake?

I

Imam Gomaa

I checked the application, there is nothing like this. Question #4a asks you about your DOB as shown on your immigration document. Can you tell where to find the one you just posted?
I attached an extra sheet writing my UCI and why I did not write in the application itself where it says "For official Use".
Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I checked the application, there is nothing like this. Question #4a asks you about your DOB as shown on your immigration document. Can you tell where to find the one you just posted?
Thanks
Are you sure you filled the latest forms? Please check the date on the bottom left corner of the form, is it 2017/10?

I

Imam Gomaa

When I downloaded the application, it was the most recent one October 11.

I

Imam Gomaa

The date is CIT 0002 (08-2017) E
I just checked it, you are right. I kept refreshing the page at that time and it used to give me the same old application.
What should I do know?
I will call Canada post to return the package.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
I just checked it, you are right. I kept refreshing the page at that time and it used to give me the same old application.
What should I do know?
I will call Canada post to return the package.
If you can intercept the package then do so quickly. Otherwise, IRCC will simply return your application in roughly 45-60 days (guestimate). You don't have to pay again. You can use the same barcode and submit with the correct form.

rsn

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Q19: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A19: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there will be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/redir.do?redir=faq#Q15

Hopefully difference of one day won't be an issue.

I also missed the No ticks on Student and Self employed :(

Last edited:

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Q19: Why is it important that the application date used in the calculation and the date of signature on the application form and the calculation printout be the same?

A19: This is important so that there is no confusion on your application date because your eligibility for citizenship is based on that date. If there is confusion, there will be delays in processing your application while we try to clarify the situation, especially if one of the dates makes you ineligible for citizenship. If the confusion cannot be resolved, the information appearing in your application form will be taken as the correct information and used to determine eligibility.

Very useful! A lot of people don't understand why the details matter when it comes to legal bureaucratic processes. Personal opinions of both the applicant and processing agent do not matter. Just carefully follow the instructions.

Conor9900

Jun 20, 2013

Hopefully difference of one day won't be an issue.

I also missed the No ticks on Student and Self employed :(
Thank you for posting this rsn: it appears that they won't send back an application as incomplete if the eligibility calculator is not signed on the same date that you completed it which is good news, rather they will try to clarify that you are eligible, and a difference of one day is unlikely to cause them much confusion

humsafar

Jun 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with initial application
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS 19-10-2011
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
25-08-2012 received in London 31-08-2012
1 - For Question 9 B under minors application form CIT0003E-2 "Has the child left Canada for a total of 6 months or longer since becoming a permanent resident"
We only have to list the absence in the table/chart below if child stayed out of Canada for 6 months or more. I child stayed out of Canada for less then 6 months the we have to say "No" and leave the chart/table below blank or mentioned N/A in the table.

Did i get it correct? Any suggestions how to answer in this scenario ?

2 - About Question 9 C for Adult application CIT0002E - "During your eligibility period id you live outside of canada?" In my case my eligibility period is from Oct 2012 to Oct 2015 where as I became PR on Sept 2013 and before that I never visited Canada. S0 do i still have to mentioned the the address where I was living from Oct 2012 to Sept 2013 even though I was not a PR or a resident of Canada ?

Please I need suggestions, If some who faced the same scenario shed some light how he/she answered this question