+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For all those who sent their applications today oct 11 2017 what mistakes did you make?

Well Wisher

May 23, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Nomination.....
December 2012
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
File Transfer...
27-02-2013
Med's Request
03-03-2013
Med's Done....
13-03-2013
Passport Req..
03-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2013
LANDED..........
20-07-2013
Can others verify this, please?
jsm0085 is right. "The address of where you actually worked and ideally a senior mgr who can confirm your employment if needed."

Most of my friends did the same, name of employer with their working address. if you are unemployed put your residential address and your home phone, that's what I did.

Hope this helps.!
Good luck everyone.

im_anil

Apr 3, 2014
Hi All;

I have done my education in India in English , which document should i submit to show my language proficiency.

Thanks

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
More than one person has reported the call centre instructing people to apply on the 12th. It would seem that even call centre operators are reading the statement with its plain English meaning.

Even if the law is clear that one can sign/submit their application on the 11th even though they would not be eligible to apply under the old rules, that does not mean that IRCC is working under the same interpretation. Even if the letter of the law is correct, applicants might be delayed while this is adjudicated.

We delayed signing/submitting our application until today, the 12th. It seemed a safe precaution, considering the very clear and plain meaning of the statements on the application and in the instruction guide.
Lol ok. And FYI only one person has stated the 12th via the call centre so far. I'm finding our discussions pointless so please leave it here.

Reactions: CANADIANZ

Natan

May 22, 2015
Lol ok. And FYI only one person has stated the 12th via the call centre so far. I'm finding our discussions pointless so please leave it here.
Only one person in this thread, but I saw another person report the same in another thread yesterday.

Frankly, I don't know which is correct -- there's enough confusion between what the text of the legislation says and what the forms/instructions say to muddy the waters -- reports of call centre operators recommending applicants submit on the 12th only go to show that even IRCC interprets the verbiage on their forms/instructions to be counter to the legislation. It seemed prudent to err on the side of caution and submit today.

It also establishes that applicants are justified in interpreting IRCC phraseology to mean that applying on the 11th means you would need to be eligible to apply under the old rules. It doesn't make that interpretation correct, only that a reasonable person should not be castigated for coming to that conclusion.

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Only one person in this thread, but I saw another person report the same in another thread yesterday.

Frankly, I don't know which is correct -- there's enough confusion between what the text of the legislation says and what the forms/instructions say to muddy the waters -- reports of call centre operators recommending applicants submit on the 12th only go to show that even IRCC interprets the verbiage on their forms/instructions to be counter to the legislation. It seemed prudent to err on the side of caution and submit today.

It also establishes that applicants are justified in interpreting IRCC phraseology to mean that applying on the 11th means you would need to be eligible to apply under the old rules. It doesn't make that interpretation correct, only that a reasonable person should not be castigated for coming to that conclusion.
I understand you don't but I do. So again, let's leave the conversation there. I'm here to help people and you are currently using up my time. Please leave it there. Good luck with your app.

im_anil

Apr 3, 2014
What is your highest qualification? If it is a degree, send your transcript or degree certificate.
Hi Canadianz;
I have done B.Tech from UPTU.
The mode of education was English , but the degree does not explicitly mention "English medium" on the certificate.
Would copy of transcript and degree suffice ??

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi Canadianz;
I have done B.Tech from UPTU.
The mode of education was English , but the degree does not explicitly mention "English medium" on the certificate.
Would copy of transcript and degree suffice ??
Yes, it would be sufficeint, I believe the transcript will be in English. If you have B.Tech degree certificate also attach that.

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
The guide has been updated, you do not need to send copy of PR or COPR now.

The checklist still says biographical pages of passports!

Last edited:
Reactions: jsm0085

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
The checklist and guide has been updated, you do not need to send copy of PR or COPR now.

Any notable changes on the new guide. Tired of printing.

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
The checklist and guide has been updated, you do not need to send copy of PR or COPR now.

I didn't see any changes in the document checklist. Just out
Any notable changes on the new guide. Tired of printing.
The only difference I saw was the removal of the need for COPR, PR Card, etc.

I didn't see any changes to the document checklist. Did anyone else?

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
I didn't see any changes in the document checklist. Just out

The only difference I saw was the removal of the need for COPR, PR Card, etc.

I didn't see any changes to the document checklist. Did anyone else?
graham1710Star Member

#150015 minutes ago
Hey all,

Just as an FYI - the request to have any immigration documents in the citizenship application has now been removed from the guide, as per the below tweet from IRCC. It is also still not on the checklist.

If you do a hard refresh (usually control + refresh) on the guide, you'll see it has been removed.

Even if you have already sent a copy of one of those documents (e.g. PR Card, COPR, etc.), then there isn't going to be a problem as you're not missing anything.

IRCC‏Verified account @CitImmCanada
Replying to @linhdstar
Hi - these documents have been updated with correct information. We apologize for the confusion. Thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: jsm0085

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi all, I have following questions -
Q13 - Have you ever had Immigration or citizenship status in any country other than Canada,including your country of birth?
My question - Is US visitor visa and other countries visit visas to be listed in this? Also my present country of birth and citizen of -that is since birth that is also to be listed?
Had UAE resident visa - is that also to be included?
Q15 - Language evidence - all three choice ,b),c) and second part of a) is not applicable for a student who did High school in Canada so is this to be left blank?
Lastly for a person who was in UAE with first 8 months of the eligibility period as a student ( Oct2012 to July 2013) but PR since July2012 how to fill up Q10a) and 11 ? Coz Oct 2012 -July 2013 was studying middle school in UAE and so the UAE address as physically located has to be filled up in 11 and but being a PR the Canadian addresswas given in all places for showing as resident of since July 2012. SO is this to be mentioned in 10 a) ?
Please let me know. Thanks for your time.

ecstrom

May 25, 2012
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
22-02-2014
I understand you don't but I do. So again, let's leave the conversation there. I'm here to help people and you are currently using up my time. Please leave it there. Good luck with your app.
I agree with you. I don't know why people are struggling with the timing. isn't it obviously that you could sign and seal and delivery your application on/after Oct 11? omg.....