+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All ICT Holders What is a Valid job offer

chidambaramp

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
Are you on a closed WP or an open WP ?
If you are on a open WP, you will not be able to claim the job offer points
If you are on a closed WP, please see the requirements below(sply the one in red)

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class
A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
The highlighted in red is where the problem will happen..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html
i am on closed work permit only. during this extension i will have 13 month job offer. i am concerned with the below point.

for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
  • not seasonal
  • not on a contract basis
how do we know when they will see our documents. if i submit on sep1st, it will have 13 months. but if officer sees on October or november it will become less than 1 year rite.

do u know how to tackle this.

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Friends, I am In a similar situation and need your guidance.

Few details:
1. Moved from US to Toronto - Ontario in Jul 2018 through ICT-WP valid for 3yrs.
2. Have active EE profile with CRS score sitting at 338.
3. IELTS score - L7.5, R:7.5, S:8, W:8
4. Wife has open Canadian work permit and searching for job in ON
5. Employer sponsors PR only after 2yrs of Canadian experience

Considering need good guidance on our PR prospects. Quite demoralized currently as have no chance in EE.

Can you guide:
1. I will get 50 points after finishing 1yr Canadian experience but does ICT job offer (LMIA excempt) gives me any points now.
2. Will I have any chances under ON PNP program? Or any other province ?

Really need good guidance here pls - thank you

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Friends, I am In a similar situation and need your guidance.

Few details:
1. Moved from US to Toronto - Ontario in Jul 2018 through ICT-WP valid for 3yrs.
2. Have active EE profile with CRS score sitting at 338.
3. IELTS score - L7.5, R:7.5, S:8, W:8
4. Wife has open Canadian work permit and searching for job in ON
5. Employer sponsors PR only after 2yrs of Canadian experience

Considering need good guidance on our PR prospects. Quite demoralized currently as have no chance in EE.

Can you guide:
1. I will get 50 points after finishing 1yr Canadian experience but does ICT job offer (LMIA excempt) gives me any points now.
2. Will I have any chances under ON PNP program? Or any other province ?

Really need good guidance here pls - thank you
- You need to complete 1 yr in your current employment to be eligible for these 50 points. You should arrange a Letter of Reference from your employer around the time you are completing one year which should mention(along with other things) that your job offer will be valid for one more year once you are issued the permanent residence visa.
- There could be chances under OINP, but things are not as transparent under OINP, so I don't know what is the selection criteria that they have...

Having said that... Can you provide a breakdown of the CRS score to understand, where you can score additional points ?

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
- You need to complete 1 yr in your current employment to be eligible for these 50 points. You should arrange a Letter of Reference from your employer around the time you are completing one year which should mention(along with other things) that your job offer will be valid for one more year once you are issued the permanent residence visa.
- There could be chances under OINP, but things are not as transparent under OINP, so I don't know what is the selection criteria that they have...

Having said that... Can you provide a breakdown of the CRS score to understand, where you can score additional points ?
Thank you.

How many additional points I will add if I get Band 8 in all modules in IELTS?

Below is my CRS score breakdown:

CRS - Human Capital - Age 25
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 119
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 118
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 0

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 10
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 16
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0

CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0

CRS - Arranged Employment 0
CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you.

How many additional points I will add if I get Band 8 in all modules in IELTS?

Below is my CRS score breakdown:

CRS - Human Capital - Age 25
CRS - Human Capital - Level of Education 119
CRS - Human Capital - First Official Language Proficiency 118
CRS - Human Capital - Second Official Language Proficiency 0
CRS - Human Capital - Canadian Work Experience 0

CRS - Spouse - Level of Education 10
CRS - Spouse - First Official Language Proficiency 16
CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0

CRS - Skill Transferability - Education 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Foreign Work Experience 25
CRS - Skill Transferability - Certificate of Qualification 0

CRS - Arranged Employment 0
CRS - Provincial/Territorial Nomination 0
CRS - Additional - PR or Canadian Sibling 0
CRS - Canadian education 0
CRS - Additional - French Proficiency or Bilingualism 0
The max points you can score for the first language is 128...
By next year:
You should be eligible for the following points additionally:
  • 50 points(valid job offer)
  • 35 points(CEC work exp 1 yr)
  • 25 points(Skills Transferability - Points for education + 1 year of Canadian work experience)
  • 25 points(Skills Transferability - Points for foreign work experience + 1 year of Canadian work experience)
By next year, you "may" also loose 10 points because of the change in your age.

Current CRS draws are hovering around the 440+ mark... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

You can refer this...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

I would also suggest you to do mock calculation using the following link(simulate how much you can score with 1 year of CEC experience): https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm#gs.XtiiEPA

Last edited:

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
The max points you can score for the first language is 128...
By next year:
You should be eligible for the following points additionally:
  • 50 points(valid job offer)
  • 35 points(CEC work exp 1 yr)
  • 25 points(Skills Transferability - Points for education + 1 year of Canadian work experience)
  • 25 points(Skills Transferability - Points for foreign work experience + 1 year of Canadian work experience)
By next year, you "may" also loose 10 points because of the change in your age.

Current CRS draws are hovering around the 440+ mark... https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

You can refer this...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

I would also suggest you to do mock calculation using the following link(simulate how much you can score with 1 year of CEC experience): https://www.canadavisa.com/assess/canada-immigration-assessment-form.htm#gs.XtiiEPA

Thank you for your reply.

I am turning 43 this October. If I lose 10 points next year, I will be at CRS 328. But if I get points suggested by you above (50 + 35 + 25) I will be at 438 which is typically 2 points less than current ITA threshold.

But if I improve English score I will get additional 10 points as currently I have 118 for language proficiency? If yes, I will be somewhere around 448 with above assumptions?

Let me know if my above understanding is correct.

For job offer next year, Do I need to get offer from my employer which states my job holds good for 1yr after PR is given? But looks like there is additional requirement in ON-PNP for employer form which is needed from employer. Unsure if employer will give that. Please let me know if you know about this.

Appreciate your all help.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you for your reply.

I am turning 43 this October. If I lose 10 points next year, I will be at CRS 328. But if I get points suggested by you above (50 + 35 + 25) I will be at 438 which is typically 2 points less than current ITA threshold.

But if I improve English score I will get additional 10 points as currently I have 118 for language proficiency? If yes, I will be somewhere around 448 with above assumptions?

Let me know if my above understanding is correct.

For job offer next year, Do I need to get offer from my employer which states my job holds good for 1yr after PR is given? But looks like there is additional requirement in ON-PNP for employer form which is needed from employer. Unsure if employer will give that. Please let me know if you know about this.

Appreciate your all help.
I said 50 + 35 + 25 + 25.... I am assuming that you 3 years+ foreign experience as well(and you can back these 3 years in with letter of reference)..
For job offer next year, Do I need to get offer from my employer which states my job holds good for 1yr after PR is given?... You will need a Letter of Reference, there you can include this statement...

As far OINP is concerned you need to create the EE profile at first... OINP then selects the potential applicants (Human Capital Priorities Stream - HCP) from this pool and sends them a Notification of Interest(NoI).. If you are then interested you need to apply and gather the documentation and pay CAD1,500 upfront when you submit the application...
You can follow Appendix 5(Page 44) which is pretty comprehensive as far as checklist is concerned: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
I said 50 + 35 + 25 + 25.... I am assuming that you 3 years+ foreign experience as well(and you can back these 3 years in with letter of reference)..
For job offer next year, Do I need to get offer from my employer which states my job holds good for 1yr after PR is given?... You will need a Letter of Reference, there you can include this statement...

As far OINP is concerned you need to create the EE profile at first... OINP then selects the potential applicants (Human Capital Priorities Stream - HCP) from this pool and sends them a Notification of Interest(NoI).. If you are then interested you need to apply and gather the documentation and pay CAD1,500 upfront when you submit the application...
You can follow Appendix 5(Page 44) which is pretty comprehensive as far as checklist is concerned: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Thank you. I already have active express entry profile with CRS score of 338. Yes I have several years of foreign experience. Unsure if I will fit under human capital stream of OINP but looks like FSWP or CEC should work well for me.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you. I already have active express entry profile with CRS score of 338. Yes I have several years of foreign experience. Unsure if I will fit under human capital stream of OINP but looks like FSWP or CEC should work well for me.
I would suggest you to recreate a new profile next year close to the 1 yr anniversary date to be re-eligible for OINP...

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
I would suggest you to recreate a new profile next year close to the 1 yr anniversary date to be re-eligible for OINP...
Thank you

My EE profile will expire in april next year . So will create new one. Will complete 1yr Canadian experience in July.

Any specific reason to suggest to create new EE profile?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thank you

My EE profile will expire in april next year . So will create new one. Will complete 1yr Canadian experience in July.

Any specific reason to suggest to create new EE profile?
Exactly because of the above reason.... :D. I cannot say for certain, but I have heard that OINP tends to pick newer profiles than the older ones
Did you use the link I suggested you above, to simulate your score ?

KAS

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Exactly because of the above reason.... :D. I cannot say for certain, but I have heard that OINP tends to pick newer profiles than the older ones
Did you use the link I suggested you above, to simulate your score ?
Thanks. Couldn't spend time for CRS calculator for now. but have a question. Considering my details above, what if I am able to get offer letter from employer which states my job is valid until 1yr after getting PR? So I am yet to complete 1yr in Canada so can't claim Canadian experience points. So without that, should I attempt to file with OINP using just offer letter or wait to complete 1yr in Canada?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Thanks. Couldn't spend time for CRS calculator for now. but have a question. Considering my details above, what if I am able to get offer letter from employer which states my job is valid until 1yr after getting PR? So I am yet to complete 1yr in Canada so can't claim Canadian experience points. So without that, should I attempt to file with OINP using just offer letter or wait to complete 1yr in Canada?
I think you can, if OINP invites you though via a Notification of Interest(NoI).
Do check the Appendix 4 of the OINP documents you require wrt Job Offer and Letter of Reference...
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf

Additionally you can refer:
Who Can Apply
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_WHO.html

How to Apply
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL_HOW.html

onkarshinde

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
For all of you ICT holders you just cant claim JOB OFFER 50 points on the basis of existing Work permits or work done. You all need a Job offer letter from your current employer that you will work for them AFTER YOU WILL BECOME PR NOT ON EXISTING WORK PERMIT.

Visit this CIC link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

What is a valid job offers for LMIA EXEMPT WP HOLDERS

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
So if iam understanding correctly: If my current employer does my ICT and the same employer offers me job after one year, than i can get that 50 points for applying for PR, Right?

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
So if iam understanding correctly: If my current employer does my ICT and the same employer offers me job after one year, than i can get that 50 points for applying for PR, Right?
Provided the job offer mentions in the offer that this job offer will remain valid after 1 year from the date the IRCC issues you a PR.
During this 1 year you should be employed and residing in Canada.

Last edited: