Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Please help with my queries as well.
1. Am on closed work permit, ICT
2. Been in canada for more than a year now
3. work permit valid till next year May
4. Noc code 2283, i see that LMIA Exemption was filed when processing my work permit visa.
5. Current cra score is 401.
6. Ielts score is R:8/L:8/S:8/W:6.5

Questions:
1. To show that i i have a valid job offer,do i need a offer letter or a reference letter?
2. If reference letter,then is there any format?
3. Can i get a offer letter from any other employer?
4. And do the new employer needs to have a positive LMIA code? Or even they should file lmia exempt?
5. How to check which NOC codes are LMIA exempt? or LMIA Code is mandatory?
6. is there any restrictions on what companies can offer me? like min no of employees the company shud have,min revenue etc.

someone please help me with the answers.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Please help with my queries as well.
1. Am on closed work permit, ICT
2. Been in canada for more than a year now
3. work permit valid till next year May
4. Noc code 2283, i see that LMIA Exemption was filed when processing my work permit visa.
5. Current cra score is 401.
6. Ielts score is R:8/L:8/S:8/W:6.5

Questions:
1. To show that i i have a valid job offer,do i need a offer letter or a reference letter?
2. If reference letter,then is there any format?
3. Can i get a offer letter from any other employer?
4. And do the new employer needs to have a positive LMIA code? Or even they should file lmia exempt?
5. How to check which NOC codes are LMIA exempt? or LMIA Code is mandatory?
6. is there any restrictions on what companies can offer me? like min no of employees the company shud have,min revenue etc.

someone please help me with the answers.

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
thanks so much for the reply.
my 3rd question was :
if my current employer is not ready to give me a reference/offer letter then in that case i am thinking to get a offer letter from another employer just to get those 50 points for valid job offer.
now the question is...do i have to get a postive lmia in this case? because the previous work permit,i see that i dont have a positive lmia and,instead a lmia exemption was filed.
if there no lmia involved,then it would be easy to find a employer who can give me a offer letter.

And since in canada,even an individual can open a corporation, can someone like that employ me? that was my 6th question.
but i will go thru the link in your reply before i ask more questions on it.

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
thanks so much for the reply.
my 3rd question was :
if my current employer is not ready to give me a reference/offer letter then in that case i am thinking to get a offer letter from another employer just to get those 50 points for valid job offer.
now the question is...do i have to get a postive lmia in this case? because the previous work permit,i see that i dont have a positive lmia and,instead a lmia exemption was filed.
if there no lmia involved,then it would be easy to find a employer who can give me a offer letter.

And since in canada,even an individual can open a corporation, can someone like that employ me? that was my 6th question.
but i will go thru the link in your reply before i ask more questions on it.
cam someone please answer my query

JagannathM

Star Member
Sep 18, 2018
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
20-09-2020
Med's Request
09-12-2021
Med's Done....
11-12-2021
Hi,

I am going to complete 1 Year in Canada (WP-Intra compnay Transfer) in Feb 2018. My WP is valid till April 2018.

Can I claim points under the Valid Job Offer category?

Any help in this regard is appreciated.

indiabull

Oct 10, 2018
canada
Category........
NOC Code......
Yes but u need to provide offer letter or reference letter from your employer whoch should state that you have job for atleast 1 year after PR.

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
Guys, Here is my situation. I moved from US(H1B) to Canada on ICT WP in September 2021. I have valid WP until August 2023. But my employer is asking me to move back by September 2022(Exactly one year). I submitted my EE profile with less than one year exp as of now which I will modify/update in September to reflect my CEC points. So mostly i will be applying my PR(if I receive ITA) from USA(same employer). Can i still claim job offer points and 1 yr exp points. To do so, what docs I need to get from my employer? Please help. I do not want my one year of work from canada. I want to make the most out of it for PR points.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Guys, Here is my situation. I moved from US(H1B) to Canada on ICT WP in September 2021. I have valid WP until August 2023. But my employer is asking me to move back by September 2022(Exactly one year). I submitted my EE profile with less than one year exp as of now which I will modify/update in September to reflect my CEC points. So mostly i will be applying my PR(if I receive ITA) from USA(same employer). Can i still claim job offer points and 1 yr exp points. To do so, what docs I need to get from my employer? Please help. I do not want my one year of work from canada. I want to make the most out of it for PR points.
You can certainly claim points for having one year of work experience in Canada once you have the full 52 weeks of work experience.

You cannot claim job offer points if your employer has asked you to return to the US. In order to claim job offer points, you would need to continue working in Canada and your employer would also need to provide you with a letter stating that they will continue to employ you in Canada for a year after you get PR.

shylaja2504

Jul 2, 2022
You can certainly claim points for having one year of work experience in Canada once you have the full 52 weeks of work experience.

You cannot claim job offer points if your employer has asked you to return to the US. In order to claim job offer points, you would need to continue working in Canada and your employer would also need to provide you with a letter stating that they will continue to employ you in Canada for a year after you get PR.
Thanks a lot for your response. this means a lot to me. What if my employer provides me a letter that I moved temporarily to US and guarantee an offer after PR. Do you think I cannot claim those points

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a lot for your response. this means a lot to me. What if my employer provides me a letter that I moved temporarily to US and guarantee an offer after PR. Do you think I cannot claim those points
No. Such a letter won't work.

rshangle

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Has anyone successfullt claimed the 50 points for arranged employment? I am trying to get a sample offer letter with the phrase - '1 year post PR employment'. If anyone can share that, it would be helpful.

Aman1354

Apr 9, 2019
Hello group members.
Asking on behalf of my cousin. He got his NOI from Ontario under tech draw in July end. He went to Ontario under Intra company transfer work permit May 2023 and work permit expires on May 2025.
His employer name is mentioned on it and also the job title but not the job NOC. While filing oinp they are asking if we have a valid job offer/ arrange employment in Ontario , shall he answer yes to it and answer all the ques or it should be no? Also, in express entry he filled no job offer but did mentioned his current employment in Ontario under work history tab.
Urgent response required because he is doubtful whether his job is lmia exempt or under lmia. Moreover, while showing settlement funds will the current job compensate the funds requirement or he has to show through bank.
Thanks in advance.