+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

For All ICT Holders What is a Valid job offer

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
For all of you ICT holders you just cant claim JOB OFFER 50 points on the basis of existing Work permits or work done. You all need a Job offer letter from your current employer that you will work for them AFTER YOU WILL BECOME PR NOT ON EXISTING WORK PERMIT.

Visit this CIC link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

What is a valid job offers for LMIA EXEMPT WP HOLDERS

A valid job offer has to be:

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Visit the link below also

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1011&top=29

In the above link there is a Question.

I am working in Canada on a valid work permit. Does this count as a job offer?

Answer is

No, a work permit is not a job offer. A job offer is valid if your current or future employer:

has made a written offer to give you a full-time, non-seasonal job for one year or more if you are accepted as a permanent resident

Hence proved work permit is not a job offer.

Malipelacanadavisa

Star Member
Jul 9, 2016
thank you Fatani.. i see that u r making people aware abt what is job offer for ICT holders.. i really appreciate it.

+1 for you.

i know ICT is intra company transfer.. but can u tell me how to know whether WP is ICT or not. will there be something on WP?

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
Malipelacanadavisa said:
thank you Fatani.. i see that u r making people aware abt what is job offer for ICT holders.. i really appreciate it.

+1 for you.

i know ICT is intra company transfer.. but can u tell me how to know whether WP is ICT or not. will there be something on WP?
If you are transfered from same company in home country to canada you should have ICT work permit.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Malipelacanadavisa said:
thats correct. my question is how cic will know that WP is Ict?
Because they have a record of the permit assigned to you.

simplynd2804

Mar 24, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bumping up so more people can read and understand and don't end up misrepresenting just to claim 50 points.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-11-19.asp

Please check this thread, which got released on Nov 19.

It clearly defines the job offer.

pessi76

Nov 18, 2016
Found this in Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b). As per my understanding, if you are on ICT (same employer) then (b) is not applicable

Qualifying offer of arranged employment
(2) A qualifying offer of employment is one of the following:

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
pessi76 said:
Found this in Canada Gazette Ministerial Instructions Amending the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, 2016-1. It says either (a) or (b). As per my understanding, if you are on ICT (same employer) then (b) is not applicable

(a) an arranged employment as defined in subsection 82(1) of the Regulations, if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of the employer or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer of employment is made by an employer for whom the foreign national currently works and who is specified on the work permit, the work permit was issued based on a positive determination made by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the foreign national’s employment with that employer in an occupation that is listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix and the assessment provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development on the basis of which the determination was made is not suspended or revoked, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations, the offer is made by an employer who is specified on the work permit and the foreign national works for that employer and has accumulated at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for that employer;

(b) an offer of continuous full-time employment for a total duration of at least one year from the day on which a permanent resident visa is issued in a skilled trade occupation as defined in subsection 87.2(1) of the Regulations that is made to the foreign national by up to two employers, neither of which is an embassy, high commission or consulate in Canada or an employer referred to in any of subparagraphs 200(3)(h)(i) to (iii) of the Regulations if
(i) the offer is supported by a valid assessment — provided by the Department of Employment and Social Development at the request of one or two employers or an officer and on the same basis as an assessment provided for the issuance of a work permit — that the requirements set out in subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to the offer have been met,
(ii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit, the offer is made by up to two employers who are specified on the work permit, the foreign national currently works for one of those employers, the work permit was issued on the basis of a positive determination by an officer under subsection 203(1) of the Regulations with respect to their employment with their current employer, the assessment by the Department of Employment and Social Development on which the determination is based is not revoked or suspended, and the offer is in a skilled trade occupation that is in the same minor group set out in the National Occupational Classification as the occupation specified on the work permit, or
(iii) the foreign national holds a valid work permit issued under the circumstances described in paragraph 204(a) or (c) or section 205 of the Regulations that specifies the employer or employers that made the offer, and the foreign national works for an employer specified on the permit and has accumulated a total of at least one year of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work, over a continuous period of work for the employers who made the offer.
For ICT folks, you can go with First option.

Mumbai_Maratha

Mar 9, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bot the points more or less looks similar......
Increasing confusion of OCT holders like me....

pessi76 said:

fatani

Nov 15, 2015
pessi76 said:

You can check my above link it is stated as and not as or. These ministerial instructions are complicated and hard to understand you have to provide a letter it is written in simple words.

chidambaramp

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
For all of you ICT holders you just cant claim JOB OFFER 50 points on the basis of existing Work permits or work done. You all need a Job offer letter from your current employer that you will work for them AFTER YOU WILL BECOME PR NOT ON EXISTING WORK PERMIT.

Visit this CIC link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/offer.asp

What is a valid job offers for LMIA EXEMPT WP HOLDERS

made by one employer
for continuous, paid, full-time work (at least 30 hours a week),
for work that is:
for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
not seasonal
not on a contract basis, and
in a job that is Skill Type 0, or Skill Levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC)

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
so if we have offer letter for 13 months, can we put 'Yes' to job offer letter available and claim 50 points.
when ITA comes, offer letter will be present till next 13 months. is this valid???

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
so if we have offer letter for 13 months, can we put 'Yes' to job offer letter available and claim 50 points.
when ITA comes, offer letter will be present till next 13 months. is this valid???
Are you on a closed WP or an open WP ?
If you are on a open WP, you will not be able to claim the job offer points
If you are on a closed WP, please see the requirements below(sply the one in red)

Federal Skilled Workers and Canadian Experience Class

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
The highlighted in red is where the problem will happen..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html