+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Folks, what is going on with my application?!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Alright, i'm gonna try to keep it short.

It's an inland application. My wife is sponsoring me. My wife got approved to sponsor me, we got a letter in regards to that on september 30th. On there it had an application number and everything, so I decided to look into it online.

When we go on CIC and put in my wifes information, using the common application number, but using her name and date of birth, her thing shows up, name and everything. It says "sponsorship application status: in process." When I click "in process" it says when application was received, when acknowleding receipt was sent and it also says that they sent her correspondens September 30th about the decision. The correspondens we have from Sep 30th is her being accepted as sponsor as i mentioned earlier.

Then it also says "permanent residence application status: decision made." When I click decision made, all it says is what date they received application in May 2014, thats it.

So we go onto mine instead, using the common application number again since I do not have any client ID yet, but again we use my name, date of birth etc so my thing shows up, name and everything, its all good. All it says on mine is "Permanent residence application status: Decision made." When I click it it says what day in may 2014 they received the application, and it also says that they sent me a letter on October 2nd. To be exact it says:
"We sent you a letter on October 2, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

We never received any letter. We have an incompetent representative that we do no trust anymore that would receive it for us. When he received my wifes SA little over a week ago (en email) he was quick to advice us, the same day actually. However we haven't heard anything about an October 2nd email/letter. I even talked to him this morning, no word of it.

For my wife they worded it something like "we have a sent a letter with a decision" but thats not how they word it for me...all it says is the sent a letter...does that mean they sent letter asking for additional stuff rather than a decision?

So, what does this mean?? Decision made? Letter sent? But no letter?

Thanks guys. Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. I guess good?!

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In general, decision made is a good thing. If they made a decision without asking you for an interview or further proof/documents, it is almost certain that it's a good thing. They will not deny you without asking for further documents or an interview. You're looking like you're in the clear, congratulations!

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
KelseyTVS said:
In general, decision made is a good thing. If they made a decision without asking you for an interview or further proof/documents, it is almost certain that it's a good thing. They will not deny you without asking for further documents or an interview. You're looking like you're in the clear, congratulations!
In the clear for what? :O

It can't be a final decision, right? Wouldn't it make more sense if it was AIP?

What I mean is, would decision made mean AIP has been sent, or is it more likely to mean final decision and landing interview?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
In the clear for what? :O

It can't be a final decision, right? Yes! Wouldn't it make more sense if it was AIP? They don't change Ecas to show DM for AIP.

What I mean is, would decision made mean AIP has been sent, or is it more likely to mean final decision and landing interview? Looks like they mean DM and landing interview!

o6ocpaka

Sep 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2015
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-12-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
11-11-2015
SamHom said:

It's an inland application. My wife is sponsoring me. My wife got approved to sponsor me, we got a letter in regards to that on september 30th. On there it had an application number and everything, so I decided to look into it online.

When we go on CIC and put in my wifes information, using the common application number, but using her name and date of birth, her thing shows up, name and everything. It says "sponsorship application status: in process." When I click "in process" it says when application was received, when acknowleding receipt was sent and it also says that they sent her correspondens September 30th about the decision. The correspondens we have from Sep 30th is her being accepted as sponsor as i mentioned earlier.

Then it also says "permanent residence application status: decision made." When I click decision made, all it says is what date they received application in May 2014, thats it.

So we go onto mine instead, using the common application number again since I do not have any client ID yet, but again we use my name, date of birth etc so my thing shows up, name and everything, its all good. All it says on mine is "Permanent residence application status: Decision made." When I click it it says what day in may 2014 they received the application, and it also says that they sent me a letter on October 2nd. To be exact it says:
"We sent you a letter on October 2, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

We never received any letter. We have an incompetent representative that we do no trust anymore that would receive it for us. When he received my wifes SA little over a week ago (en email) he was quick to advice us, the same day actually. However we haven't heard anything about an October 2nd email/letter. I even talked to him this morning, no word of it.

For my wife they worded it something like "we have a sent a letter with a decision" but thats not how they word it for me...all it says is the sent a letter...does that mean they sent letter asking for additional stuff rather than a decision?

Based on this, DM for inlands can mean an interview request, but you probably got a PR ;)

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_com&lang=en&app=ecas

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
It the letter sent by email like the SA my wife got, or could it be a regular letter and that would explain the delay? It's really weird I haven't heard anything from representative about a letter/email.

So if i have the landing thing in a few weeks, is it directly after that event that i am a PR and everything is said and done, or something more?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SamHom said:
It the letter sent by email like the SA my wife got, or could it be a regular letter and that would explain the delay? It's really weird I haven't heard anything from representative about a letter/email.

So if i have the landing thing in a few weeks, is it directly after that event that i am a PR and everything is said and done, or something more?
At the landing, you will receive your CoPR document, at which point you will be a PR.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
At the landing, you will receive your CoPR document, at which point you will be a PR.
Great! With your experience from here would you happen to know if it's possible that they sent letter by regular mail this time rather than email, and therefore delay? Are these kind of delays common?

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
SamHom said:

If the letter was in fact landing letter, they still had our old address when that letter was sent. I updated the address few days after it says that a DM letter was sent (still same old address online so they haven't updated it) and our representative informed CIC as well, but again after they claim a letter was sent. Would this cause any issues? I'm just trying to sort all of this out.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
It says DM online. Lawyer got letter. He said it says application completed and that they will call me for an interview, nothing about an appointment. Lawyer doesn't seem to understand difference between big scary interview and regular landing interview when I explain it. He said this was common practise and could take 5 minutes. But no appointment. If regular landing interview, why isn't there an appointment in the letter?

I am really worried it's big scary interview. Lawyer was out of office and couldn't forward it to me until later and he can't explain things at all.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopefully, the letter will say something like: "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application has been completed. Blah, blah, blah..."

They would not be pleased to inform you of a denial. This would not be the big scary interview letter. ;)

Having said that...they can still review the application up to (and including) the landing appointment, which is why the approval letters ALWAYS say that a final descision will be made at the landing interview. (see below)

"...Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents...."

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:
Hopefully, the letter will say something like: "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application has been completed. Blah, blah, blah..."

They would not be pleased to inform you of a denial. This would not be the big scary interview letter. ;)

Having said that...they can still review the application up to (and including) the landing appointment, which is why the approval letters ALWAYS say that a final descision will be made at the landing interview. (see below)

"...Please note: At the time of your appointment, you and your family members, if any, will be required to present the original identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre. A final decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents...."
Great! But why wouldn't they give me an appointment now? Seems like everyone gets an appointment but not in my letter.

SamHom

Oct 5, 2015
Ponga said:

I have the email now, and that is exactly what it says! The processing used to be done in Mississauaga, but is says the immigration centre in Etobicoke will contact me to arrange finalization of application. I have heard that having it moved to Etobicoke can be a bad thing, but I guess that doesnt apply here since the landing interview is already on the way?

I am also wondering when I will likely get an appointment? I thought the appointment would be included in this letter. Our lawyer said he has other clients with same letter, and a few of them have now been waiting almost a month without hearing back.

??