VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
You're wrong
I've been asked for my passport a couple of time
Lol, are you going to try to tell me I'm wrong every time I post? It's getting tedious.

Again, there are no border controls for domestic flights, so a passport is not required. As clearly stated by the airlines, the requirement for flying domestic is a government-issued photo ID, which can be anything from a driver's license to a health card or one of several other options.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I've been asked for my passport a couple of time
By who, the airline staff?

A passport is not required for domestic flights as long as you have another accepted form of picture ID. This is a clear statement on every Canadian airline's website. So while they can ask for a passport, you don't need one and can't be denied boarding as long as you have some other ID on their acceptable list.

Last edited:

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BS. What border control without a border? Did they stand at the gate counter next to the flight attendant?
Maybe it was an immigration police?

What actual reason they gave you for asking a passport?

For domestic flight you do not need to have a passport with you at the airport. I do not take it with me for domestic flights.

Again, was it a strictly domestic flight in Canada and not a flight , for ex. , Brandon-Toronto-Paris? Where the first part: Brandon-Toronto is sort of a "domestic flight". :)

Last edited:

lossada

Sep 5, 2017
BS. What border control without a border? Did they stand at the gate counter next to the flight attendant?
Maybe it was an immigration police?

What actual reason they gave you for asking a passport?

For domestic flight you do not need to have a passport with you at the airport. I do not take it with me for domestic flights.

Again, was it a strictly domestic flight in Canada and not a flight , for ex. , Brandon-Toronto-Paris? Where the first part: Brandon-Toronto is sort of a "domestic flight". :)
be smart

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
yes, it was valid, and ask for my passport.
at domestic flight, border control are random
If you have your passport you can show it to anyone that asks.
If you don't have a passport you can show some other form of acceptable picture ID, and they will 100% accept it.

You don't need to carry a passport to fly domestic. Anyone who says otherwise is an idiot or a troll.

zara23

Sep 4, 2017
I talked to WestJet. They said "drivers lincese is all we use, you don't need your passport at all".

Oldmacwright

Aug 18, 2017
I asked a similar question 2 weeks ago and was assured it would fine even with someone out of status as no CBSA involved for domestic flights..just make sure the ID isn't expired and matches boarding passes. Security are only interested in making sure you have no weapons etc, don't think they even look at ID's (just scan boarding passes), the airlines are the ones checking ID's to make sure it is you.

zara23

Sep 4, 2017
I asked a similar question 2 weeks ago and was assured it would fine even with someone out of status as no CBSA involved for domestic flights..just make sure the ID isn't expired and matches boarding passes. Security are only interested in making sure you have no weapons etc, don't think they even look at ID's (just scan boarding passes), the airlines are the ones checking ID's to make sure it is you.
Yes, I've been told the same! Thank you so much for the help :)
My ID is not expired.. So I believe I'm good to go :)