Interview........
-
Passport Req..
Oct 21st 2015
VISA ISSUED...
COPR Nov 6th 2015
LANDED..........
Planned landing Dec 15th 2015
My mother in law has travelled overseas on an expired PR card. She has been a PR for decades and simply forgot to check, turns out she actually applied for a new card a few months back but haven't gotten it yet.

She was just denied boarding on her plane home and is not sure how to get home now.

What is her options? I read she might be able to fly to the US and drive iver the boarder, but is there other options that makes sense?

Anyone been in a situation like this?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
My mother in law has travelled overseas on an expired PR card. She has been a PR for decades and simply forgot to check, turns out she actually applied for a new card a few months back but haven't gotten it yet.

She was just denied boarding on her plane home and is not sure how to get home now.

What is her options? I read she might be able to fly to the US and drive iver the boarder, but is there other options that makes sense?

Apply for a PRTD: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/new-immigrants/pr-travel-document.html

Or if there is someone to receive the new card in Canada, it can be couriered to her.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Options:

1) If she has a valid US visa, fly to the US and re-enter Canada through a land border using a private vehicle.
2) Apply for a PR Travel Document and wait for that to be approved. Fly back to Canada.
3) Wait for the PR card to be approved and mailed. Have someone from Canada mail the new PR card to her outside of Canada. Fly back to Canada.