+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Flagpoling for sowp

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I intend to go to the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge for flagpoling to get my SOWP extended. My wife got her PGWP and she has a NOC B job. I ll be taking the Offer letter along with employment confirmation letter. I only have 1 pay stub though.
Can anyone share their experience of flagpoling.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I intend to go to the Lewiston-Queenston Bridge for flagpoling to get my SOWP extended. My wife got her PGWP and she has a NOC B job. I ll be taking the Offer letter along with employment confirmation letter. I only have 1 pay stub though.
Suggest you read through the below. It's a few months old but likely still relevant.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/flagpole-landing-co-op-work-permit-at-queenston-lewiston-bridge-july-2022.773845/

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This is not relevant to my case as I intend to do it for SOWP extension. This link is for a person on SP
Still relevant as it gives information on what times the border is processing work permits. This would apply for new work permits as well as extensions. If the border has a cut off for processing work permits, that will apply for all applications (new and extensions). But you are of course free to ignore it.

Reactions: Buletruck

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
@JonyQuest

Hi Can you please help me for below

I am a citizen of Pakistan, and my family and I have lived in Dubai for 4 years. Can anyone please assist me with how to apply for GIC-Canada? I have been accepted to a Canadian university for a Master's degree and am considering applying for my study permit with my family. According to what I've heard, it should come from a Pakistani bank account. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
@JonyQuest

I am a citizen of Pakistan, and my family and I have lived in Dubai for 4 years. Can anyone please assist me with how to apply for GIC-Canada? I have been accepted to a Canadian university for a Master's degree and am considering applying for my study permit with my family. According to what I've heard, it should come from a Pakistani bank account. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance
In my case we never got GICs. Just show them your bank account details and that should be fine

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
Yes, I also heard in NON-SDS it is not required but I am thinking to do it let's see but thank you for sharing your personnel experience may I know how long it took you to get your visa under non-sds and whether was it with family?

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
I applied in Oct 2020 and I had all the approvals for family in Jan 2021. I know the timelines now have significantly deteriorated

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
@JonyQuest

Also the bank account I shared was the UAE bank account

Ulfat Ali

Aug 17, 2022
I applied in Oct 2020 and I had all the approvals for family in Jan 2021. I know the timelines now have significantly deteriorated
If you don't mind, could I have your email so that I can contact you directly if there is any confusion I have that I can share with you personally? I'm currently working on my SOP.

JonyQuest

Star Member
Oct 8, 2020
If you don't mind, could I have your email so that I can contact you directly if there is any confusion I have that I can share with you personally? I'm currently working on my SOP.
I sent it you over inbox but i can't find that message anymore

Uzairkhan13

May 14, 2023
Hi there did you go to flagpoling? How was your experience? Please share me your experience as I am in a similar situation.
It’s urgent
Thank you

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All..Suppose if my spouse receives her PGWP, then can I take that PGWP and go to flagpoling for my SOWP extension?
In this case,
1. do we need spouse's job offer?
2. Do we need her work visa as well?
3. Do I need my spouse to accompany me for flagpoling?

Last edited: