+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

First PR Card after Landing

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Hi,

I landed in Canada 3 weeks ago and am waiting for my PR Card. The immigration officer said I don't need to apply for one. Is it correct that I won't be able to track the processing of my card since it was applied for automatically?

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

Hi,

I landed in Canada 3 weeks ago and am waiting for my PR Card. The immigration officer said I don't need to apply for one. Is it correct that I won't be able to track the processing of my card since it was applied for automatically?

Thanks
1. The only thing that tracking would do is say when it went to production. Posted processing is 43 days, plus mailing.

Reactions: trickski

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
HI

Hi, I was just wondering if it’s normal to receive no follow up/ tracking information about the first PR card after landing.

Thanks

1. The only thing that tracking would do is say when it went to production. Posted processing is 43 days, plus mailing.

Alex2018

Feb 15, 2019
moment ago
Hi Seniors,
Have a question about the 1st PR Card status. I recently linked to PR Card to my EE Profile. In the "View Submitted Applications" section Details column, it says submitted. When I click on Check Status and Messages to see the details, it says "Your document is valid" under the status column. Expiry date is 5 years from now and "Status Update Date"
Can anyone suggest what this "Your document is valid" status mean? Does it mean the card has been mailed out?

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Hi, I'm waiting since 30th July too! No not yet, will keep you updated
Got an email today saying my photos were rejected. A bit confused since it was the photo that was attached to the COPR that I gave to the immigration officer on landing.

Tkitek

Sep 15, 2020
Hello Guys,
Hope you're doing great!

I landed in Canada on the 9th of August 2021 and the immigration officer gave me this URL to declare an address where I will be receiving my PR Card.
The thing is, when I fill in my Identification Type & Number as well as my family name, date & place of birth, I get the below message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.

I suspect two things:
1- My application didn't start yet, and I should check again in few days since the processing time is 74 days
2- My document number (COPR no.) has expired on the 30th of August and I don't figure in the database anymore to declare my permanent adress.

Can anyone please help me identify what's going on here? I'm super confused and the client support center isn't answering my calls because of other priorities on their side.

Thanks in Advance

blackhorse123

Sep 1, 2021
Hello Guys,
Hope you're doing great!

I landed in Canada on the 9th of August 2021 and the immigration officer gave me this URL to declare an address where I will be receiving my PR Card.
The thing is, when I fill in my Identification Type & Number as well as my family name, date & place of birth, I get the below message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided.

I suspect two things:
1- My application didn't start yet, and I should check again in few days since the processing time is 74 days
2- My document number (COPR no.) has expired on the 30th of August and I don't figure in the database anymore to declare my permanent adress.

Can anyone please help me identify what's going on here? I'm super confused and the client support center isn't answering my calls because of other priorities on their side.

Thanks in Advance
Hello,

My wife is coming first time (landing) to a Canada this week. Could you help me understand the PR Card process? Also, have you had any luck link your application ?
Or Anyone here can explain it?

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
Hi, i have a question related to physical presence calculator. Does it start from the date I receive COPR or after receiving PR card?
one more thing do i have to stay for 2 years out of 5 to maintain PR? And then i can come back live for another year to apply for passport?
The more i read the more i get confused. Please need some input here.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi, i have a question related to physical presence calculator. Does it start from the date I receive COPR or after receiving PR card?
one more thing do i have to stay for 2 years out of 5 to maintain PR? And then i can come back live for another year to apply for passport?
The more i read the more i get confused. Please need some input here.
it will be the day you received your COPR or when you "landed" in Canada.
PR card expiry date have nothing to do with your RO.

Pal12

Feb 26, 2020
it will be the day you received your COPR or when you "landed" in Canada.
PR card expiry date have nothing to do with your RO.
Don’t we get 1 year to land in Canada after receiving COPR? Or do we have to land immediately after receiving it if the physical presence clock starts right away?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Don’t we get 1 year to land in Canada after receiving COPR? Or do we have to land immediately after receiving it if the physical presence clock starts right away?
You don't get 1 year AFTER getting COPR to land.
When did you land? Some people get their virtual landing with eCOPR if they are actually inside Canada waiting for their PR.