+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finishing 2 years Masters in 1.5 years - Effect on PGWP

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
Hi,

I am currently pursuing MSc in Computing Science which has a 2 years program length. However, it seems to me I may be able to finish it within 1.5 years.

As far as I know the length of the Post Graduation Work Permit after finishing the 2 years program is 3 years. However, if I finish my MSc within 1.5 years will it affect the time length of the Post Graduation Work Permit?

Looking forward to receive a response. Thanks.

AbdulMajid

Jan 28, 2016
my friend finished his two years Masters in one year. got 3 year permit 2 days ago. all you need to attach is a letter from your institution stating that the official duration of the degree conferred is TWO YEARS !!!

you should also confirm this with cic

regards

ts270890

Apr 8, 2016
AbdulMajid said:
my friend finished his two years Masters in one year. got 3 year permit 2 days ago. all you need to attach is a letter from your institution stating that the official duration of the degree conferred is TWO YEARS !!!

regards
Thank You.

Feb 16, 2018
Hi,

I am currently pursuing MSc in Computing Science which has a 2 years program length. However, it seems to me I may be able to finish it within 1.5 years.

As far as I know the length of the Post Graduation Work Permit after finishing the 2 years program is 3 years. However, if I finish my MSc within 1.5 years will it affect the time length of the Post Graduation Work Permit?

Looking forward to receive a response. Thanks.
What happened in your case, did you finish in 1.5 year and get a 3 year PGWP eventually? I am in the same situation and so i am wondering about it..

danysosarios

May 31, 2020

regards
HI, Where did your friend finish his master's degree could you mention the university? I am looking for something identical of what your friend did but I am searching into it with no fortune the majority of the universities are very exigent about finishing 2 years planed masters in the duration allotted.