+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprints

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
I just got a FP request by mail yesterday, here in Calgary.
After reading some average google reviews about the local commissionaires I went with Canadian Legal Services. $52.50 and piece of cake. They have online bookings, so was even better.

An interesting tidbit that I came across, and might save people some time (in Calgary anyway):

Effective May 1, 2010, the Calgary Police Service no longer provides fingerprinting services to the public for civil matters such as immigration, employment, name changes, international adoptions, Record Suspensions (Pardons) or United States Waivers. You must attend an authorized agency for non-criminal fingerprinting services in Calgary.

Reactions: derin1010

derin1010

Oct 18, 2017
Toronto
I just got a FP request by mail yesterday, here in Calgary.
After reading some average google reviews about the local commissionaires I went with Canadian Legal Services. $52.50 and piece of cake. They have online bookings, so was even better.

An interesting tidbit that I came across, and might save people some time (in Calgary anyway):

Effective May 1, 2010, the Calgary Police Service no longer provides fingerprinting services to the public for civil matters such as immigration, employment, name changes, international adoptions, Record Suspensions (Pardons) or United States Waivers. You must attend an authorized agency for non-criminal fingerprinting services in Calgary.
did you get the fingerprint after or before the test/interview

Juiceycow

Nov 26, 2013
did you get the fingerprint after or before the test/interview
Before. I haven't heard anything about my test date yet. Mine still is "in progress".
Although the lady that took my prints said it wont be far away and that they're usually pretty close together (the FP request / test date notification)

Reactions: derin1010

Pcanadian

Star Member
Oct 27, 2017
Could anyone tell how long after fingerprint is done the applicant gets the test invite?
My location is Burlington,ON but the fingerprint request letter is from Toronto office.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Could anyone tell how long after fingerprint is done the applicant gets the test invite?
My location is Burlington,ON but the fingerprint request letter is from Toronto office.
Impossible to estimate. FP request is usually independent of test invite, both can happen in parallel. Some here got FP request and test invite on the same day.

Reactions: Pcanadian

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I got FP request on Jan 4 (ECAS line) received the physical letter a couple days later. Did the actual FP in Windsor on Jan 12. No new lines or information from CIC since the 4th. That makes what, 5 weeks since request now?

I did send in for my GCMS notes because I am curious to know whether the prints actually made it to CIC in a couple days as expected, or if something went sideways. I've never had any kind of run ins with the police here or in the US (born and raised) so not sure the reasoning behind the FP request to begin with. I guess we'll find out.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I got FP request on Jan 4 (ECAS line) received the physical letter a couple days later. Did the actual FP in Windsor on Jan 12. No new lines or information from CIC since the 4th. That makes what, 5 weeks since request now?

I did send in for my GCMS notes because I am curious to know whether the prints actually made it to CIC in a couple days as expected, or if something went sideways. I've never had any kind of run ins with the police here or in the US (born and raised) so not sure the reasoning behind the FP request to begin with. I guess we'll find out.
Same experience for me. Except I’ve been waiting now since Dec 4 for any movement. Ordered the GCMS notes which are now a month late. Also grew up in the US with no run ins with police.

Oh well. Maybe the notes will come this month.

A.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Same experience for me. Except I’ve been waiting now since Dec 4 for any movement. Ordered the GCMS notes which are now a month late. Also grew up in the US with no run ins with police.

Oh well. Maybe the notes will come this month.

A.
It's all Trump's fault .... I don't know that for sure, but it might be LOL ...

Reactions: aaamr

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hello guys,

I am currently living in US. I have got the FP request a week back ( i havent received test invitation).

After some research, the agencies can do it for me at the cost of 175(rcmp finger printing service)+ 75(express shopping) and i will have to have my ink FP here in US and mail it to agency (add another 20$+ mailing fee and delay)!

So do u guys think it is wise to ask for postponement of my FP dadline? Can CIC resume my case without FP if I tell them I will do it once I go to Canada?

Please help and advise!

Last edited:

hmirzaei

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
Hi,

I just left Canada yesterday for Asia for 5 weeks. I have just landed & my family told me CIC had sent me a fingerprints request & I have to do it within 30 days (the letter was sent on Jan 18, 2018). What can I do? Any advise? Can I call or email CIC to ask for postpone the fingerprints process? If so, anyone has its number for call from abroad? Or can I do it at Canada consulate?

Thanks a lot

Cheers

Tiamo

Hi Tiamo

How did u end up doing FP?

Thanks!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Hello guys,

I am currently living in US. I have got the FP request a week back ( i havent received test invitation).

After some research, the agencies can do it for me at the cost of 175(rcmp finger printing service)+ 75(express shopping) and i will have to have my ink FP here in US and mail it to agency (add another 20$+ mailing fee and delay)!

So do u guys think it is wise to ask for postponement of my FP dadline? Can CIC resume my case without FP if I tell them I will do it once I go to Canada?

Please help and advise!
Check the paperwork and it will tell you the time frame in which you need to complete the fingerprints. Is it 30 days? If yes, you need to get it done before 30 days deadline. You should not postpone or delay and cic may not resume your case without FP

Reactions: hmirzaei