Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
Is there any pattern in the request for fingerprints? (I'm thinking maybe current citizenship?) or is it just random?

Vicky333

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I'm from a Commonwealth country and I have no charges or any kind of police history - my application should be standard - but I got a FP request.

Reactions: CAN.east

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
fingerprint requests are not random. This is asked when the applicant's name/date of birth etc matches with someone who may have criminal record to make sure to confirm the identity of the applicant that he/she is not the same person.

Imsaurav

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
fingerprint requests are not random. This is asked when the applicant's name/date of birth etc matches with someone who may have criminal record to make sure to confirm the identity of the applicant that he/she is not the same person.
If fp is asked during PR process do they ask the same during citizenship?

Vicky333

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I just googled. Person with the same name as me broke bail in 2013 and is wanted by police.

Well...that explains the fingerprint request! :/

Hanzo

Star Member
Aug 6, 2014
I think it also has something to do with your nationality.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I think it also has something to do with your nationality.
There is a possibility that specific nationality people get fingerprint requests however, there are other circumstances too.
Example, not all people of Indian origin get fingerprint requests, however some do due to various circumstances.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I got an FP request. I have no charges or police history of any kind. My name is unusual enough that I would be very surprised if there was someone with the same name, and even more surprised if someone with the same name had a criminal record. I grew up in the US, have lived in Canada since 2003. I have no explanation for why I would be asked for FPs, other than a very extensive work-related travel history that spans Europe, Asia, North and South America. But who knows. I've stopped trying to figure out why some of these things are triggered, and am trying to be patient. :)

A.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
I got an FP request. I have no charges or police history of any kind. My name is unusual enough that I would be very surprised if there was someone with the same name, and even more surprised if someone with the same name had a criminal record. I grew up in the US, have lived in Canada since 2003. I have no explanation for why I would be asked for FPs, other than a very extensive work-related travel history that spans Europe, Asia, North and South America. But who knows. I've stopped trying to figure out why some of these things are triggered, and am trying to be patient. :)

A.
May be there is a date of birth match with someone who has a criminal record.

I know getting fp request does delay the file a little bit however, if the person has a clean record, then he/she does not need to worry about anything.

aaamr

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
May be there is a date of birth match with someone who has a criminal record.

I know getting fp request does delay the file a little bit however, if the person has a clean record, then he/she does not need to worry about anything.
Oh, I'm not worried... it will work its way through the process in its own good time. :)

-A.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
I also have a rather unique name which would be surprising if someone else shared it. From the US and have no police history of any kind in either country. No travel history to speak of (nothing outside the US until I met hubby then I started crossing border here) and certainly no job history that would be deemed 'questionable' LOL We'll see how this thing plays out. It will get to the end eventually ;)

Reactions: aaamr

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
just quick question
Is that fingerprint request come before test invitation or after?
Thank you