+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Fingerprint

applicant361

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Hello all

i have seen a number of candidates getting finger print requests. who gets it and why? also, does it appear on Ecas or just a letter?

thanks!

HamiltonApplicant

Apr 3, 2017
Hamilton
Visa Office......
Munich, Germany
App. Filed.......
Jan 2007
Med's Request
Dec 2009
Med's Done....
Jan 2010
Passport Req..
Apr 2010
VISA ISSUED...
May 2010
LANDED..........
25-11-2010
Hello all

i have seen a number of candidates getting finger print requests. who gets it and why? also, does it appear on Ecas or just a letter?

thanks!
Don't know why, but it appears in eCAS, a letter is sent too!

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hello all

thanks!
I guess for those who have Arab names ,, coming from middle east country ,, or Muslim names ,, and by the bro ,, I am Arab and I have a Muslim name and I got it ,,, Canadian value hahahaha

Reactions: SszZTkmZ

Dec 9, 2009
Yes you are right paulvoyer those applicants who names have Mohammed or similar Muslim names are targeted for FP

CanadianPlease

Jun 6, 2017
I guess for those who have Arab names ,, coming from middle east country ,, or Muslim names ,, and by the bro ,, I am Arab and I have a Muslim name and I got it ,,, Canadian value hahahaha
Not Sure about that, I have a very western name and I got an FP request. I think it's just name and D.O.B.matching. nothing more nothing less, still it is a pain for sure

tbakirmtl

Jun 19, 2017
Montreal
AOR Received.
29-11-2017
LANDED..........
21-04-2011
I have not applied yet, but I have noticed the delays due to Finger Print requests.
Can I request a Finger Print from my police station and send it with my application to expedite the process?

Thanks

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
H
Not Sure about that, I have a very western name and I got an FP request. I think it's just name and D.O.B.matching. nothing more nothing less, still it is a pain for sure
hi,
When did you receive your FP, before or after the test invt?
How long do you think abouth the whole security check precedure will take?
I am stucked in the security check stage since June and did not hear anything since that day.

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Not really, because I think they ask for FP for those who left the country even one ☝ day during their residency.
For example, my wife did not left Canad, and three months ago the decision was made on her file, another friend who did not left too got the whole procedure in 69 days only.
I left Canada for 9 days only and got the fingerprint and stucked in scurity check since June.

Matin_71

Aug 17, 2017
Not really, because I think they ask for FP for those who left the country even one ☝ day during their residency.
For example, my wife did not left Canad, and three months ago the decision was made on her file, another friend who did not left too got the whole procedure in 69 days only.
I left Canada for 9 days only and got the fingerprint and stucked in scurity check since June.
It's actually just a matter of time and long row of international Security check.

CanadianPlease

Jun 6, 2017
H

hi,
When did you receive your FP, before or after the test invt?
How long do you think abouth the whole security check precedure will take?
I am stucked in the security check stage since June and did not hear anything since that day.
I got mine just after 'In Process', went to RCMP same day have it done. Sent it back as soon as I received my certificate from RCMP, ECAS shows no change but the call centre agent was really helpful and said it was received by my local office on 4th August (about 2 weeks after the request). So not sure what happens now, just waiting for test invite & interview I suppose.