App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
polara69 said:
I meant the opposite..way more than min wage
Thanks.. Would you mine sharing the field you are employed in?

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
polara69 said:
I'm a college professor teaching hotel management in Vancouver.
Thanks again!

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
Jkal said:
Your views are pretty negative and discouraging. Please do not dishearten others in a open forum like that. There have been one-off cases where ppl really struggled to get a job in Canada but there have been others also who got like a piece of cake. Like a coin, everything has 2 sides of it.
If i take your words, i should not see jobs in all the job portals.
Please don't tell me what I can write in an "open forum".

There are no "one-off" cases where people struggle to get a job. This is quite an arrogant statement to make. Are you even aware how many University educated Canadians work at Shoppers Drugmart and McDonalds?

The fact is there are 2 or 3 same people on this forum who have been posting in the last 5 years claiming they obtained the job easily. I, of course, believe they got the jobs quite easily, but the fact is there are thousands of applications per one job opening in Canada.

That is a fact.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
The reality is the job market in the major urban areas is incredibly competitive. I have been lucky enough to land a job in under two weeks but it took a lot of hard work, sending out resume's and pounding the streets before I got a couple of interviews and thats just in the hospitality trade. My employer had dozens and dozens of applications for the job. Although I'm only working as a bartender right now I am a qualified social worker, one of my colleagues is a qualified teacher and another a qualified lawyer.

If you are lucky enough to have a particular skill an employer is looking for then it may be easier, especially if you have links to an international company. I have found however, that many people whose first language isn't English tend to fall at the first hurdle because often their resume lets them down, that's not to say they aren't as well educated or suited to the job as native speakers but due to the volume of applications employers receive they have to narrow the search somehow and they often are the first cut. Hence you tend to see highly skilled workers from other countries working in low paid jobs. In addition its also difficult for some people to have their education recognised in Canada, so you often find doctors or engineers working as cab drivers. You really have to sell yourself in Canada to get anywere otherwise you fall into that trap of high skill/low pay job scenario.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone share the min wage sheet/data from the department of labor in Canada?

I googled but couldnt find. I suppose it probably depends on the state/territory like in the US ?

thnx

paulosebin

Jul 31, 2015
Canada is accepting Brazilians?

I would like to take a doubt.
Canada, both government and companies are accepting Brazilians to work or the Canadian market is very closed to foreigners? What do you think?

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Re: Canada is accepting Brazilians?

paulosebin said:
I would like to take a doubt.
Canada, both government and companies are accepting Brazilians to work or the Canadian market is very closed to foreigners? What do you think?
Only if you qualify, have a work permit and a bit of luck.

nitinkatipn

Aug 3, 2015
Hi,

Can some one help by providing pointers to make a Resume.

Just starting with my EOI on 15 aug once i get my IELTS Result.
Done with ECA and other documents.

what are the best sites to look for job hunt.

Does it help to mention current PR status on RESUME

Virleen

May 4, 2015
My husband has a work experience of 4.5 yrs in the field of Quality, Lean & Six sigma in a Multi national bank.
He is an accredited ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor (Quality council of India), certified Six Sigma Green belt and is planning to do Six Sigma black belt certification from ASQ. We plan to immigrate to Canada by Jan'16.

Kindly advise
- Will the black belt certification be useful in canadian market? Is is worth doing?
- What are the job prospects of such a role in toronto?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Virleen said:
My husband has a work experience of 4.5 yrs in the field of Quality, Lean & Six sigma in a Multi national bank.
He is an accredited ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor (Quality council of India), certified Six Sigma Green belt and is planning to do Six Sigma black belt certification from ASQ. We plan to immigrate to Canada by Jan'16.

Kindly advise
- Will the black belt certification be useful in canadian market? Is is worth doing?
- What are the job prospects of such a role in toronto?
Six sigma Certs are valuable anywhere in the world. However Canada does have some weird certification according my research. I came to USA with a lot of Certs but I looked into the manufacturing industry and one main obstacle I have is security clearance :(

Aug 13, 2015
Hi everyone

I am an international student at U of T and my wife is on an open work permit. Can anyone suggest or recommend and entry level customer service/ operations job for her in downtown Toronto.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
intl_student_canada said:
Hi everyone

I am an international student at U of T and my wife is on an open work permit. Can anyone suggest or recommend and entry level customer service/ operations job for her in downtown Toronto.

Thanks for the help.

Regards
Try Craigslist, Kijiji etc for job postings. A lot of smaller shops will advertise in their windows so always worth a walk down a few streets. It also depends on her level of English, work experience etc.