+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

gambit13

Jun 2, 2014
brucem said:
The reality is the job market in the major urban areas is incredibly competitive. I have been lucky enough to land a job in under two weeks but it took a lot of hard work, sending out resume's and pounding the streets before I got a couple of interviews and thats just in the hospitality trade. My employer had dozens and dozens of applications for the job. Although I'm only working as a bartender right now I am a qualified social worker, one of my colleagues is a qualified teacher and another a qualified lawyer.

If you are lucky enough to have a particular skill an employer is looking for then it may be easier, especially if you have links to an international company. I have found however, that many people whose first language isn't English tend to fall at the first hurdle because often their resume lets them down, that's not to say they aren't as well educated or suited to the job as native speakers but due to the volume of applications employers receive they have to narrow the search somehow and they often are the first cut. Hence you tend to see highly skilled workers from other countries working in low paid jobs. In addition its also difficult for some people to have their education recognised in Canada, so you often find doctors or engineers working as cab drivers. You really have to sell yourself in Canada to get anywere otherwise you fall into that trap of high skill/low pay job scenario.
I think the job market right now is skewed in a way that unless you have a very specific skill or niche, its going to be tough for you...i specialized very early in my career and got away with it when i came over but many others i know arent so lucky...plus canada is full of specialized industries...so its no surprise why the market can be suffocating

SinghSum

Aug 21, 2015
Hello,

I am urgently looking for a SharePoint Administration role in Canada. Could anyone let me know if have anything in knowledge how to get one?

Sandy106

Aug 28, 2015
Anyone had any luck with KeeyaskJRS (the new dam up near Gillam)? I'm interested in working there but I can't register for JRS without a SIN so I'm wondering what the process and opportunities are like.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sandy106 said:
Anyone had any luck with KeeyaskJRS (the new dam up near Gillam)? I'm interested in working there but I can't register for JRS without a SIN so I'm wondering what the process and opportunities are like.
Is this in Manito?

bigMaple

Sep 5, 2015
The issue with getting a work permit is that I need a job offer first. The issue with getting a job offer is having a work permit first. Classic chicken-egg situation.

Realistically, if I want to work in Canada under the Skilled Worker work permit, should I start looking for jobs right away? Or should I start the documentation for the work permit and show this underway process to prospective employers?

Thanks

manvar2318

Feb 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
Fee deducted:02-Feb-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 01-Mar-2015
AOR Received.
11-Apr-2015
IELTS Request
SLU: 21-May-2015
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
21-May-2015
Med's Done....
30-May-2015
Interview........
TLU : 10-Jun-2015, DM :10-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
28-Aug-2015, Submitted : 09-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
23-April-2016
Hello seniors, I am a lead customer care executive in a known credit card company...how are the jobs available in Canada for bpo sector and my kinda roles ? Pls advise..

ren2479

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Dubai
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/11/2014
Nomination.....
PER 04/02/2015
IELTS Request
Sent with documents
File Transfer...
SLU 13/07/2015
Med's Request
15/07/2015
Med's Done....
21/07/2015
Interview........
waived; TRU 05/08/2015; 6th Line Update 08/09/2015
Passport Req..
DM 11/09/2015; PPR 12/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
12October2015
How is the job market nowadays? I am choosing between Alberta and Ontario to initially settle and find work

Sep 8, 2015
Hi Guys
I am in the process of migrating to canada, planning to go to ON. I from IT background and have many years of experience ( including 3 years in US) in the field CRM ( siebel or salesforce) . Do anyone know how is the job marker for these IT skills. Will it be difficult to get a job initially

Thanks in advance for your responses

Nov 4, 2014
Hows the market for a candidate who got Prince2+PMP+ ITIL + CCNA + MCP + basic Database & MS Project and advance excel+word+PPT out there, (yup thts the credential of one of my fren) ??

Monica Gupta

Oct 3, 2015
Hi,

I am FileNet Java Developer and looking for job opportunities under Federal Skilled Worker Program.
Can anyone please suggest how to find a job?

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sonia_kaur1989 said:
Hows the market for a candidate who got Prince2+PMP+ ITIL + CCNA + MCP + basic Database & MS Project and advance excel+word+PPT out there, (yup thts the credential of one of my fren) ??
although those are well respected certifications, but they need to be backed up with relevant work experience in order to be able to compete in the market.

Tejas007

Oct 6, 2015
Hello,

I am currently looking for a job into Logistics, Supply Chain or Import/ Export & also searching for a job for my spouse in Physiotherapy.

Can anybody suggest or help me where shall i apply.

P.S. We have completed my ielts & under transcripts process for ECA.

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
although those are well respected certifications, but they need to be backed up with relevant work experience in order to be able to compete in the market.
Very true
Also backed up by good English and personality

L00k1n4Luv

Oct 22, 2015
Canadian born citizen and first time poster here. I have a Filipina girlfriend currently in the Philippines. I'm attempting to locate a job for her so she can legally work/live here in Halifax, N.S. I have a complicated situation, more so then most. I have already travelled to Southern China, worked and lived there for three years and married a local there. I brought her over and she's currently a permanent resident. I sponsored her and after nearly four years of marriage, she left me(in May 2015). Any way, like I said, I now have an online Filipina GF and would love to bring her here. But due to my previous marriage situation(Still not yet divorced and already sponsored), I'm looking for a way to get her here without sponsorship/marriage. So I'm looking for any businesses outsourcing for employees. Years ago, my friend was manager of a Burger King and she told me they brought over six Philipinos on work visas. I'm looking for something similar. She's willing to do any job. She owns her own small hair stylist salon and convenient store near her home. Her parents run the convenient store and she focuses on her salon where she does hair, nails and make-up. I doubt there are any salons looking to hire workers through work visas, but maybe fast food places or cleaning companies could be an option. I have been searching online for such companies looking to outsource for employees, but have come up with nothing. If anyone knows of any URLs I could check out, it would be greatly appreciated. Any help will be welcome. If I can't find her work, we'll simply have to wait for my official divorce and get her a fiancée visa. I would love to save the money on travelling to the Philippines though if I could get her here instead. Thanks for reading.

rahul20978

Dec 16, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, changed to Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Copies of passport
AOR Received.
16-04-2015
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
28-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-08-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2015
LANDED..........
planning in June 2016
manvar2318 said:
Hello seniors, I am a lead customer care executive in a known credit card company...how are the jobs available in Canada for bpo sector and my kinda roles ? Pls advise..
The jobs have been outsourced to India :D