+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Find available Jobs in Canada

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
I agree 100% with Daniel. It is my 10th month in Canada. Educated in top UK universities and still on a survival job. Was teaching at a top research university in UK - here rejected even for a community college tutor post. I never expected to become a Minister in Canada, but I could not predict that I will be unable to enter my field even at the lowest levels. If the outlook does not change significantly in the nearest future, I will pack up my biggest canadian investment (orthopedic matrass for 1000 dollars) and take airport taxi directly from citizenship award ceremony.
so whats your plan? what will you be doing till you get your citizenship?

Nov 6, 2013
Continue with my survival job and apply for jobs in my field until spring. Then take a 1 year course in accounting to qualify for assistant accountant. And if after that I am still unable to get a professional job, will start packing up my matrass.

emamabd said:
so whats your plan? what will you be doing till you get your citizenship?

Nov 6, 2013
I have not bought property here precisely because I am not sure I will stay here. Yes, 10 years is a realistic estimate. I was teaching at UK uni before coming. If I want to do the same job here, I need a canadian PhD which takes 5-7 years. I also worked as accountant in my home country before. Here if I want to work as accountant, I need to re-do BSc in accounting, do graduate diploma in managent, take a 2 year internship and sit numerous exams that take place only a few times a year.

Daniel1000 said:
Its hard for us to go back. I do think Canada needs to wake up here. We love this country (even as immigrants), its beautiful, safe and I have bought properties, here, etc. I have worked as a Financial Director of a major Company before in South Africa and never saw this coming. I have even been advised by a well respected Employment Agency here to 'tone down' my CV here - so I can be considered for more menial jobs just to get started. That's just insane. I read somewhere it takes us on average about 10 years to get back to a meaningful (not always 'same') position we were once in in our home countries. If Canada wants to really grow, it needs to recognize our experience (hey - its a globalized world and people work globally all the time) and not waste our talents like this. That is just stupid and they must be the only country in the world (I have been headhunted by companies from a number of countries - just decided I liked Canada: my mistake!) to ask doctors and well trained professionals to start at MacDonalds first for 'Canadian Experience' - what an idiotic waste of talent. But - perhaps the Employment Agencies are at fault and they need a more globalized vision.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
WillLeaveOnceIGetPassport said:
Nice to hear from you emamabd, Did you do your second landing? Did you contact the company that invited you for interview while you were at home?
hi there, i didn't move back to canada yet....this forum is scaring me actually :-\ :)....but yeah will surely land soon hopefully next feb at latest, still tying up my loose ends!

Still doing online applications though, was lucky enough to be interviewed by another company via skype - but then again things didn't
move past that point - its expected ofcourse 8), but it was a nice try...(it would be heaven - not Canada - if a got a job offer while abroad)

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Daniel1000 said:
But - perhaps the Employment Agencies are at fault and they need a more globalized vision.
Its not just about employment agencies, even when applying to Large multinational companies - which we assume to be globalized - because they actually exist all over the globe (directly applying via their websites) they still adopt the same way of thinking and are still looking for Canadian experience ::)

they make the rules..and as we can't "change it" ...we are left with two options: "love it" or "leave it"

Jennifer9919

Nov 7, 2013
Re: Find available Jobs in Canada-RF engineer

Hi, everyone

My husband and I want to immigrate into Candad for getting a better education for my son,a 12-year-old boy. He is a RF engineer of more than 10 years' work experience.

'' Insightful, results-driven RF professional with notable success directing a broad range of network design and network optimization projects include 2G/3G/4G techniques. Outstanding project leader; able to coordinate and direct all phases of project-based efforts while managing, motivating and guiding team. Self-motivated employee; able to find the customers’ needs and associate that to our daily work so as to expand our business.

AREAS OF EXPERTISE

• RF Network Planning
• In-building Service
• Network Initial Tuning
• Network Performance Improvement
• End-to-End Optimization

TECHNICAL PROFICIENCIES
Network: GSM, CDMA 1X/EVDO, WCDMA, TD-SCDMA, TDD-LTE and FDD-LTE
Tools: PLANET, TEMS INVESTIGATION, MCOM, Mapinfo, Wireshark, Moniq, Actix, Agilent

Anyone who can offer me advice about hot to get a job offer or any information about consultant agency, please feel free to email me. I will be very appreciate. It's really very important for our family. Only if we get a job offer, we can have the chance to come to Canada.

Thanks all

Jennifer9919@163.com

Nov 6, 2013
You are doing great! I spent 10 months in Canada and did not have a single interview in my field, while you had an interview even while outside.

emamabd said:
hi there, i didn't move back to canada yet....this forum is scaring me actually :-\ :)....but yeah will surely land soon hopefully next feb at latest, still tying up my loose ends!

Still doing online applications though, was lucky enough to be interviewed by another company via skype - but then again things didn't
move past that point - its expected ofcourse 8), but it was a nice try...(it would be heaven - not Canada - if a got a job offer while abroad)

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
In Canada it is very difficult to get a job, even as a low level office clerk.

I have arrived in 1992 and since then went to College and University and obtained a "Canadian" degree. Even with that I was unable to get nothing more than a few menial jobs. This is very important.... unless you are studying to be a nurse or you are in TOP of your field, I can almost certainly assure you that you will never find a meaningful employment UNLESS you move to Alberta. Yes, you can get a good salary in Alberta by sacrificing any cultural and mental development by finding work in some oil related field.

Now, I would like to emphasize one thing. The lack of jobs has nothing to do with being an immigrant. I know many.... and I mean many people born in Canada who have degrees from various colleges and are working at Shoppers Drugmart, Dollarama, Target... etc. Since I have my own business I would frequent these establishments often and would see people working there even after 6-7 years. My ex girlfriend used to work for relocation agency at Royal Le Page. Need I say that most of the jobs are not offered to immigrants, but rather to professionals from another country where the company is basically paying for everything.

Only rich immigrants come to Canada and even they do not get rid of their citizenship (tax evasion). The rest, like you and me are used for cheap labour and to prop social security Ponzi scheme. This is a 100% true, undeniable fact. However, this is the fact for most Canadians, not just immigrants.

If you are willing to live with that, then welcome to Canada. I realize for many.... Canada is the only option.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbeachman said:
Yes, you can get a good salary in Alberta by sacrificing any cultural and mental development by finding work in some oil related field.
This is a common opinion among people who have never been to AB. It's like they think we all live in caves or something. Maybe you should come and visit. There are Dollaramas in AB too but because unemployment is low, you don't have to work there unless you really want to.

Nov 6, 2013
I agree with this statement. I worked in a few call centres and met many canadian citizens, my colleagues, graduates of canadian unuversities and having great difficulties in getting jobs. One of the reasons is the fact that Canada is essentially an economic appendix of US. If we check where does grocery come from in shops, we will see 90% of food is imported from US. If we check where head offices of most insurance companies are located - we will see it is US again. Simply Canadian economy does not have as many qualified jobs created as demanded by applicants.
After 10 months in Canada, I realized that labour and customer service jobs is the only fate awaiting 99.99% of immigrants with no local education. I am currently working in call centre and making efforts to enroll to a 1-year college diploma in accounting. I have no illusions that I will get a dream job after the course, but somehow I hope to move from front office to back office jobs, no matter how tedious and boring that job will be. I am simply tired of hearing insults on a daily basis from racist individuals who demand to be transferred to a canadian citizen as soon as they hear I do not have north american accent.

mrbeachman said:

I have arrived in 1992 and since then went to College and University and obtained a "Canadian" degree. Even with that I was unable to get nothing more than a few menial jobs. This is very important.... unless you are studying to be a nurse or you are in TOP of your field, I can almost certainly assure you that you will never find a meaningful employment UNLESS you move to Alberta. Yes, you can get a good salary in Alberta by sacrificing any cultural and mental development by finding work in some oil related field.

Now, I would like to emphasize one thing. The lack of jobs has nothing to do with being an immigrant. I know many.... and I mean many people born in Canada who have degrees from various colleges and are working at Shoppers Drugmart, Dollarama, Target... etc. Since I have my own business I would frequent these establishments often and would see people working there even after 6-7 years. My ex girlfriend used to work for relocation agency at Royal Le Page. Need I say that most of the jobs are not offered to immigrants, but rather to professionals from another country where the company is basically paying for everything.

Only rich immigrants come to Canada and even they do not get rid of their citizenship (tax evasion). The rest, like you and me are used for cheap labour and to prop social security Ponzi scheme. This is a 100% true, undeniable fact. However, this is the fact for most Canadians, not just immigrants.

If you are willing to live with that, then welcome to Canada. I realize for many.... Canada is the only option.

lawgrrl

Star Member
Jul 8, 2012
Nanaimo, B.C.
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
mrbeachman said:

I can't imagine a more negative post! I came to Vancouver, B.C. in late May 2013 as an American citizen and P.R. with an advanced degree (in law) and 30 years experience in my field as an attorney and paralegal. I made a conscious decision NOT to pursue employment in the legal field here because of credentialing issues. I worked with a friend who is a high-level recruiter and we reviewed my skill set and experience carefully, and I determined to pursue a position as an executive assistant in a professional service firm. I researched the required skills and experience, refined and refined my resume, signed up on multiple job boards including LinkedIn and Monster.ca, registered with agencies, and went on multiple interviews. On September 9, I started a full-time position with great benefits at a salary comparable to my last position in Portland, Oregon. Oh, and I'm 61 years old too!
You CAN find a good job, but you'll need to make finding employment a full-time enterprise. THAT is the "100% true undeniable fact"!
8)

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
With all due respect, I was not talking about older people who obviously come from a privileged background with plenty of connections.

" I worked with a friend who is a high-level recruiter and we reviewed my skill set and experience carefully, and I determined to pursue a position as an executive assistant in a professional service firm."

Thank you for proving my point that Canada is no different than a third world country. The only way to get a well paying job is through connections. Pardon my negativity.

Nov 6, 2013
Agree again 100%. Western countries feed us with myths about free labour market and the ability of talent to find its way through. But in reality human nature is the same everywhere, and as long as Humans rule the world, world will be governed by nepotism and protectionism. By the way, I have nothing against nepotism, it is natural that recruiters want to hire people they know well. However, no need to have masquerade with open job applications and external advertisement when you already know who will be appointed for the position. Just drop the double standard.

mrbeachman said:
With all due respect, I was not talking about older people who obviously come from a privileged background with plenty of connections.

" I worked with a friend who is a high-level recruiter and we reviewed my skill set and experience carefully, and I determined to pursue a position as an executive assistant in a professional service firm."

Thank you for proving my point that Canada is no different than a third world country. The only way to get a well paying job is through connections. Pardon my negativity.