10-10-2012
AOR Received.
11-14-2012
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-22-2013
mrbeachman said:
With all due respect, I was not talking about older people who obviously come from a privileged background with plenty of connections.

" I worked with a friend who is a high-level recruiter and we reviewed my skill set and experience carefully, and I determined to pursue a position as an executive assistant in a professional service firm."

Thank you for proving my point that Canada is no different than a third world country. The only way to get a well paying job is through connections. Pardon my negativity.
Perhaps I should have made it clear that my recruiter friend is in Portland, Oregon and not in Canada, and that I did not know a single person (other than my husband/sponsor, a musician) when I came here. Also, my friend's experience is NOT in placing administrative personnel, but C-level executives. What she did was help me focus my thoughts and my search and refine my resume. Other recruiters that I met here did the same. What I did was put myself out there and open up to all possibilities. I also spent 4-6 hours per day, every week day, reviewing job postings, sending out resumes & cover letters, and learning/practicing my MS Office skills.
And as for "being older" being an advantage, age 50+ workers have the highest rates of long-term unemployment. Read the job boards and you'll hear a lot of despair among all older workers, not just immigrants.
A positive attitude alone won't land one a good position, but a negative attitude can hold one back. I sincerely hope that your situation improves and wish you all the best.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
lawgrrl said:
I sincerely hope that your situation improves and wish you all the best.
Well, thank you for nice wishes :)

However, my financial situation is ok.... no thanks to Canada, though. I am currently in Asia where there are ample opportunities to make a good living. The only good thing I can say about Canada, really, is social security net for people over 65.... for now.

Ernie_wise

Apr 9, 2013
Hi All,

Can you please answer this quick survey? It will just take 2 minutes to answer it :)
PS: All answers are anonymous and confidential.

Thanks

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi Guys,

Good day to all. I am from the Philippines.
I've been trying to search for prospective employers online and asking for a positive LMO.
I just want to know if it's possible for me to be approved with a working permit or visa if I have limited experience on the position I am applying for.

Say I only have 9 months experience as a food counter attendant and that was also 2 years ago.
Will I be denied because of that? but I've been employed on a different field (sales) up until now.

the reason why Im asking is that I was told that the canadian embassy will just deny my application since Food counter attendants
require minimum of 2 years experience.... =(

Thanks in advance who ever is answering :)

Mac

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Gerardine said:
Hello eveyone,

I and my husband got our permanent visa and permit to work. Now we are planning to move to Vancouver in August 09 but we are kind of hesitating if it is the correct time or not. By the August what do you think guys about the ecomomy and labor market. Do you recommend; we put back our arrival date a little bit later?

Now in my country I am working as a Human Resources Analyst, My Husband as a tax audit, do you think we can get a white collar job easily?

Leon I read a lot about your recomends, especially I am waiting for your advises. Until We find white collar jobs we are ready to work at a blue collar job. But does it take too long?

Thank you in advance.

Have a nice day.
If you have status in Canada, finding a job in Canada is not that hard. The biggest challenge would be the interview process, which may require you to be in Canada. If you are at all concerned about this you can easily get online and start talking to some potential employers.

Also keep in mind that hubby may have to get some Canadian licenses to practice as an accountant, so I would suggest that you figure out what the requirements for this would be before you start (unless you can deal with it after arrival financially).

Sounds like fun, Vancouver is a bustling and great city.

Good luck.

vhp111

Jun 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

My NOC -2263. My last designation is Environmental, Health & safety manager.

Please let me know, Is it a Regulated occupation in Canada?

flyingfish

Dec 27, 2013
Hi i am from India and i have only HS Certificate (matriculation) which is 10th pass. will i be able to find a lower skilled job like cashier, retail store operator or food counter attendant etc. ?

Yadagiri

Jan 2, 2014
Dear Sir,

iam interested to come Canada to Study and Job. I dont have any details to come Canada.

Iam completed my Degree B.com Computers.i have 4rs Exp in NBFC as a branch Manager.please give Suggetion to come canada

tiffanyeric

Star Member
Jun 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-12
AOR Received.
20-12-12
File Transfer...
12-2-13
Med's Done....
7-1-13
Passport Req..
8 - 7 - 13
VISA ISSUED...
Hoping soon
LANDED..........
soon...
Hello everyone,

Im newcomer here in Calgary alberta nov.19,2014... I'm a PR,apousal sponsorship... I'm now looking for a job, Im a Fine-Arts Interior Design graduate in the Philippines,but i did not pursue my career after I graduate.... To make the story short, Im into Retail business for 12 yrs.already to present & Im a designer / wedding event coordinator in our country...

Im very enthusiastic in finding job right now, i want to be productive...

Can somebody help me here! Thank you

God bless

Robin_Pandey

Star Member
Sep 12, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
26 Apr 2013
AOR Received.
4 June 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 2013 (ecas update on 16th Dec 2013)
Passport Req..
June 2013 (Requested ltr submission and then submitted on 17th Dec 2013)
VISA ISSUED...
IP - 25th Oct 13 & DM - 19th Jan 14
LANDED..........
12th Feb 2014
Hi Friends,
My wife who is a canadian citizen has applied for my PR and the app is in the final stages now.
I live & work in USA on H1B visa(IT industry) which is valid for 3 more years. I am in a dialemma how to go about with my next step after getting canadian PR.

Is it better to do just the landing formality first , come back to US and keep looking for jobs in canada from US while I am still working here in US (Is this really possible, can I just get an offer over phone interviews. Rmbr I am looking for Software jobs)
Or
Should I start settling down and look for jobs (My wife and her parents who all are working are encouraging this option. Glad that they are more than willing to accomodate me till I settle down, but I prefer to live on my own with my wife immediately)
Or
Can I look for jobs even before I get my spousal PR and allow myself the luxury of landing in canada with a Job offer.

Awaiting valuable inputs of experinced members :)

sharmaakash

Jan 21, 2014
Hello Friends,
I m Working in India as A sales Officer in Exide Industries Ltd From Last 3 Year. Even I Have 5 Year Exp.In Sales & Marketing.Also I have 3 Year Exp.in Networking & Hardware. But I want To go To Canada For Next Job.
So Let Me Know What I Do To Get Earlier Job In Canada and How I Go To Canada.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.