+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Finally got invited to appear in front of Citizenship judge.

Jesuslovesyou

Apr 13, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys !!! So I checked ecas today for his citizenship after interview with CJ.
Ecas has been changed today in Decision Made but the line in ecas not added yet.
Anyone have any idea that how long usually take to add that decision line on ecas?

There could be two possibility either he will get a oath letter appointment or he will have to reapply again .
I'm leaning more on the positive end. I had a similar encounter with a CJ and was advised to withdraw and reapply since I did not meet the number of days. I had applied since 2012 with an attached mail seeking for the CJ's leniency but during the meeting, he was very kind and explained to me the complications that could result if he decides to approve my application. It would have to be forwarded to the Minister's office for review before I could be authorized for the Oath. That said, he advised me to withdraw and reapply which I did. I guess your father might be invited for the Oath ceremony. If that was not the case, the CJ would have advised him to withdraw. Goodluck!

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CJ did not say anything about withdraw application and reapply and father also had same issues related with his number of days in canada.
Hopefully he gets his oat invitation.

I am thinking if they will refuse it then they will not add an extra line in ecas and will send a letter in writing in mail.

knockingwoods

Jan 13, 2016
Hi,
I have an interview next week just like your father's interview with CJ. It is also a video conference as mentioned in the letter. Can you please advise, how can they check the passport stamps and calculate number of days online. Also, I passed the written test. Do I need to prepare again . You mentioned he was asked about Saskatchewan . Can you please advise what kind of questions can I expect ? And how long will be the interview?

Please advise.
Thanks

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry for late reply !!

So they checked the passport online and also CJ had the application file of my Dad with her while interviewing my dad on video call .
She had all the info about my Dad. Even she was able to clarify about entry/exit of my Dad without asking my Dad.
No you don't need to prepare for test again but definitely you need knowledge about the city/province your are living in. In my Dad's case , CJ had never been to Saskatchewan so she kept asking to my Dad about weather/culture/population other things about SASK.
Just be honest about your application ( whatever mistake you made ) and be polite/humble. Seems like CJ know about all mistake and every details of your application .

THEY ARE EXPERT AND THEY LOOK IN TO APPLICATION VERY DEEPLY !!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!

And one more thing guys !! his ecas was changed to decesion made and now other line has been added in his ecas to attend the oath ceremony !! They have sent a letter in mail and that will be official letter for his oath !!!!

Cheers !!! :):)

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Sorry for late reply !!
And one more thing guys !! his ecas was changed to decesion made and now other line has been added in his ecas to attend the oath ceremony !! They have sent a letter in mail and that will be official letter for his oath !!!!

Congratulations for a positive outcome. I'm sure that this experience will be behind him very soon as he takes his certificate of citizenship from the Judge's hand during the oath ceremony! Nothing beats the feeling of belonging!

All the best for the future.

ROSEASHISH

Star Member
Aug 17, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh yaaa !!! We kept checking ecas everyday and finally he saw that line and he couldn't believe it . He still don't believe that a decision has been made finally on his case . He said that he will not believe it until he will get the official letter in mail Lol.!!

knockingwoods

Jan 13, 2016
Sorry for late reply !!

So they checked the passport online and also CJ had the application file of my Dad with her while interviewing my dad on video call .
She had all the info about my Dad. Even she was able to clarify about entry/exit of my Dad without asking my Dad.
No you don't need to prepare for test again but definitely you need knowledge about the city/province your are living in. In my Dad's case , CJ had never been to Saskatchewan so she kept asking to my Dad about weather/culture/population other things about SASK.
Just be honest about your application ( whatever mistake you made ) and be polite/humble. Seems like CJ know about all mistake and every details of your application .

THEY ARE EXPERT AND THEY LOOK IN TO APPLICATION VERY DEEPLY !!

GOOD LUCK TO YOU !!

Thanks alot.. this gave me a little positive hope. I have the interview on Wednesday. I hope all goes well.
Congratulations for the oath ceremony.

Thanks once again

buckshot

Feb 10, 2016
Hi guys,
thanks so much for your responses here.
I am scheduled for video conferencing with judge in late Sept.
Your info is very useful.

Dear knockingwoods,
Can you please share your experience as well.

I hope my experience with the judge will be positive.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello guys,
After almost 3 years, it almost over, the judge approved my application and today i got my ecas updated with the oath ceremony date January 12, 2018, unbelievable, special thanks to dpenbill for his precious advice.
i hope my experience will help others.
Thanks again for your support.

justinline

May 19, 2009
Congrats Jaroddz, great news!!!

What pointers would you give for cases like you who are applying now. What all documents you submitted for RQ. I believe you got both RQs. The short and long one.

I am beginning to prepare for RQ, just proactive. I moved to Windsor and for present project travelling to US Monday to Friday (leaving Monday and coming back Friday).

Thanks

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Congrats Jaroddz, great news!!!

What pointers would you give for cases like you who are applying now. What all documents you submitted for RQ. I believe you got both RQs. The short and long one.

I am beginning to prepare for RQ, just proactive. I moved to Windsor and for present project travelling to US Monday to Friday (leaving Monday and coming back Friday).

Thanks
Thank you Justinline, here's my advice (that's what i did, it may or not works for you), but the fact that you're frequent traveller to US it's lRQ:
1- Created a spreadsheet with all the entires and exists withe the following columns.
  • Departure from Canada.
  • Return to Canada.
  • Duration of stay outside of Canada.
  • Traveling By (air, land,...)
  • USA Entry Stamp (page# on the passport for each entry) if it's missing point the page out on the CBSA, FOIA reports.
2- to make sure you have all your entries and exists reported correctly on both sides of the border, Request the CBSA (Canada: https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do), FOIA (https://foiaonline.regulations.gov/foia/action/public/request/publicPreCreate ) record of movements,( I94 report always missing something).

3- OHIP records (if you're in Ontario, http://www.health.gov.on.ca/en/public/programs/ohip/third_party/default.aspx)
4- Family doctor records.
5- Copy of the Immunization records of your children.
6- If you're e US citizen request the police report from US (FBI website), it may takes 2 months or more. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/police-certificates/how/united-states.html
7- Automobile insurance policy.
8- Proof of payment (Apt Rent, mortgage payment ).
9- Canada revenue agency (CRA) complete notice of assessment.
10- Bank and Credit card statements for the relevant period.
11- Pay stubs from your employer during the relevant period.
12- CRA T4 statement of remuneration paid ( you can find that: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/e-services/e-services-individuals/account-individuals.html)
13- Translation of all stamps if it's not in english or french.
14- Keep tracks of the addresses where you did you live (put them on a excel sheet with moving move out dates). Recommended to have letters from landlord.
15- Get the Nexus report movement if you can.​
The above are the list of documents that it took me sometime to gather, the rest of them can be easily obtained like a photocopy of all the travel documents, children birth certificate, ...

i'm not an expert, this just what i did and all the documents i sent to IRCC (almost 400 pages) :)

Reactions: Whocares

justinline

May 19, 2009
Thanks Jaroddz, much appreciated. I will start preparing. I have lived in Canada since moving here for 3 year and 6 months with no travel. Just started traveling for project work. But no harm in preparing early.

Thanks Again!!
Justin

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Thanks Jaroddz, much appreciated. I will start preparing. I have lived in Canada since moving here for 3 year and 6 months with no travel. Just started traveling for project work. But no harm in preparing early.

Thanks Again!!
Justin
Same here Justine, my move (with my family) to USA happened after the relevent period, but I still got the entire RQ treatment :) I have not spent a night in US during all that period, all of the CJ and the CIC officer questions were not about the relevant period (ex: why did you move to US after short time from applying?why do you have a green card? Zzthey know it’s not in the relevent period. The CJ even said: “ you meet the residency and I don’t have any problem with that period, but why moving to US ? :)
My advice: if you haven’t write the test yet, try to get all the documents and pull it out with the officer during the interview after the test, you will mainly need the record of movements and the Notice of assessments, and anything relevant that can prove that you were in canada.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,
Yesterday I took the oath and became a proud Canadian citizen, I would to thank all the members for their help and support through out the process, and I will be more then happy to pay it back to the forum in form of help /advice if needed based on my experience (i’m Not a lawyer or an Immigration expert :) ), again another huge thanks for dpenabill.
Thanks and good luck to everyone