+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINOS Applying for FSW Page.

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
Hi MMC,
Thanks for the reply. I am sure everything will just be fine with the additional info that you have given them. Sana nga mag change na rin sa "in process" yung ecas natin. Let's keep hoping and praying that things will turn out as planned.

Hi Dyuls,
Thanks for the advice. I must admit that will surely help just in case they ask for additional supports. Appreciate it a lot.

Goodluck to all of us! God is really great!!!

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Jtob,

When I received my file number in April 2008, Manila embassy also acknowledged there that they did receive my application filed by my agent on Oct 30, 2007. So I think, my agent had really filed it in Oct 2007.

Now, I'm just wondering why this week my agent declared this statement?
"Since you are filed 2008 the Canadian Embassy Manila also forwarded your application to Nova Scotia for futher assessment"

I think something's not right here... Had it been really transferred to NS, then why are we not getting any updates from NS or Manila considering it's been 1.5 yrs now & on my ecas it still shows "in process... we started processing your application on March 2008"

Any further thoughts on this, bro?

Guys...?

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
plan2012 said:
Jtob,

When I received my file number in April 2008, Manila embassy also acknowledged there that they did receive my application filed by my agent on Oct 30, 2007. So I think, my agent had really filed it in Oct 2007.

Now, I'm just wondering why this week my agent declared this statement?
"Since you are filed 2008 the Canadian Embassy Manila also forwarded your application to Nova Scotia for futher assessment"

I think something's not right here... Had it been really transferred to NS, then why are we not getting any updates from NS or Manila considering it's been 1.5 yrs now & on my ecas it still shows "in process... we started processing your application on March 2008"

Any further thoughts on this, bro?

Guys...?

Hi Plan2012,
I am not sure if this will help. Why don't you try ordering CAIPS notes. As per my understanding, this is where you can see the chronological list of procedures your papers have gone through up to actual current status of your application. You may google CAIPS Notes to place an order.

gabs

Aug 24, 2009
MMC said:
Hi Jandi,
I was really surprise to get that letter. Don't know the reason why they have asked additional evidence of work experience when in fact, I have provided what was included in the checklist.
My guess is that, they just want to confirm if I have really worked in my declared NOC in the past. My current work is not anymore in the NOC list. I hope that is the only reason. : )

Thanks for your concern.
Hi MMC,

What is your current job and your declared NOC in your application.

Thanks.

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
Hi gabs,
My declared NOC is 0631 (4 years) and 4131 (almost 3 years) for the past 10 years. I am working in a different position now with the same employer.
They only ask for the 4131 as additional evidence of work experiece as this is most current. Don't know if they will credit my 0631 work experience because they didn't ask for additional documents or most likely they are satisfied already with the documents I presented to them. : )

Hope that answer your question.

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Hi plan2012,

Camilla in the other forum once posted a memo she received from the CIC regarding 38 professions from pre Feb 2008 applications that will be processed under the new rules. Yes I do believe, your consultant filed your application in 2007, and you are one of the lucky ones whose file had been digged up by CIC to be processed under the new rules. The first step is they will first send your file to Nova Scotia for 38 profession eligibility screening. Once Nova Scotia approves it, they will send it back to your local visa office and would probably ask you to update some documents. Lots of the same cases happens in London CHC, one of the reasons why London CHC is slower compared to other visa offices. Because they have put lots of old cases processed under the new rules. If you have filed application in 2007 in Manila and will be processed under the old rules then you can expect your visa in 2012, now that CIC put your application under the new rules then expect your visa 6 months from now. Hey Man! Cheer up! This is really really good for you. Congratulations you will soon have your visa 3 years earlier than expected.

gabs

Aug 24, 2009
MMC said:
Hi gabs,
My declared NOC is 0631 (4 years) and 4131 (almost 3 years) for the past 10 years. I am working in a different position now with the same employer.
They only ask for the 4131 as additional evidence of work experiece as this is most current. Don't know if they will credit my 0631 work experience because they didn't ask for additional documents or most likely they are satisfied already with the documents I presented to them. : )

Hi MMC,

My declared NOC is 4131 same with you but one of my previous company is no longer exist therefore I cannot secure a copies of my COE, Contract of Employment and a Certified Job description. A certificate of employment was issued to me neverthless I have lost it and the company did not issue me an employment contract when i was still employed to them i worked there from 1999 upto 2002.
My other employer they only issue me a certificate of Employment since i was employed in an on-call basis agreement and the company do not issue any employment related documents on employees under this type of empoloyment. What I can submit as a substitute documents to prove my current affiliation with this company is the Certificate of Employment. I worked here for 11 months.
I submitted an affidavit as a part of the documentary requirements to support my applcation for PR in Canada. I am Chief Engineer Officer and my current job is not in the Priority list. I submitted my full application to manila visa office last July 17 and received AOR Aug 4. As of this time nothing change to my ECAS - still "Received by Visa Office".
So worried now and hope they will not request for additional documents.

Thanks.

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
Yes, i’ll check that CAIPS, Jandi… Thanks.
Have u known somebody who did that before?

Hi aspire,

Thanks bro. Yup, I’m really lucky. But need to verify this further because as per my ecas,
“in process… we started processing your application on March 2008.”

Before working here in Saudi, my NOC was 4131 for 3 straight yrs. Hence it’s in the 38.

But it’s Sep 2009 now. So far, as per my agent’s email (Huh finally), no updates are being requested by NS or Manila for the past 1.5yrs.

& even told me that I was filed on Apr 2008 (This is actually the date I got my file number). Sounds pretty strange because my agent actually filed my case on 10/30/2007. Hence, I’m not supposed to be under the new rule but SAP.

Guys, how will you know that an applicant is pre-Feb2008 or a post Feb2008?

1. Is it based on when the embassy received your initial application? (it's YES, as per my agent)
2. Or, on the date of your File number was released?

Where’s my file now? NS? Or will soon be processed in 2012?

Naguguluhan na si Plan2012.. Need your advise guys...

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Sa pagkakaalam ko, it is based on when you submitted the file. Technically it looks like yours falls under SAP. But if they have started digging up old files who are in the 38 and placing them under the new rule then you may have to change your name to plan2011.
If you already have your file number you can check your ecas status online. I'm guessing they've already sent your file to your local visa office. You may soon be receiving a letter requesting for your updated documents soon so I suggest you start early :)

arexie

Mar 22, 2009
Hi Plan2012,

It seems like you've been considered for the 2009 Program given your 4131 experience. So, most likely, hindi ka na pang plan 2012... :)

jandi

Aug 17, 2009
plan2012 said:
Yes, i'll check that CAIPS, Jandi... Thanks.
Have u known somebody who did that before?

You may want to visit this forum to get ideas re CAIPS from some aspirants like us:
http://www.trackitt.com/canada-discussion-forums/federal-skilled-workers/337941705/regarding-caips-notes

Hi aspire,

Thanks bro. Yup, I'm really lucky. But need to verify this further because as per my ecas,
“in process... we started processing your application on March 2008.”

Before working here in Saudi, my NOC was 4131 for 3 straight yrs. Hence it's in the 38.

But it's Sep 2009 now. So far, as per my agent's email (Huh finally), no updates are being requested by NS or Manila for the past 1.5yrs.

& even told me that I was filed on Apr 2008 (This is actually the date I got my file number). Sounds pretty strange because my agent actually filed my case on 10/30/2007. Hence, I'm not supposed to be under the new rule but SAP.

1. Is it based on when the embassy received your initial application? (it's YES, as per my agent)
2. Or, on the date of your File number was released?

Where's my file now? NS? Or will soon be processed in 2012?

Naguguluhan na si Plan2012.. Need your advise guys...

plan2012

Star Member
Jul 30, 2009
thanks Arexie, Trinity...

Guys, sorry, there's a correction...

1. Is it based on when the embassy received your initial application? (it's YES, as per my agent) (this is my own understanding)
2. Or, on the date of your File number was released? (it's YES, as per my agent)

Where's my file now? at NS? Or just inside Manila embassy awaiting to be processed in 2012?

trinatocanada

Dec 18, 2008
The Middle East
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
plan2012 said:

1. Is it based on when the embassy received your initial application? (it's YES, as per my agent) (this is my own understanding)
2. Or, on the date of your File number was released? (it's YES, as per my agent)

Where's my file now? at NS? Or just inside Manila embassy awaiting to be processed in 2012?
If you already have your file number than your file has left NS already. It is probably at the Manila Office waiting to be processed.

jtob

Feb 2, 2009
plan2012 said:

plan2012,

IMO, your consultant is correct.
your ecas status confirms it.
that's great news for you since you are in the 38 noc.

ordering CAIPS notes will be a waste of money. it's only practical if you are already in the later stage of processing and there are already many notes in it. for now there's going to be only 1 note and it'll state "in process".

you'll have to wait for a while for your update request. i think they are starting with the latest november 2008 applications and back tracking to older applications until they reach the feb 2008 date.

MMC

Jul 4, 2009
gabs said:
MMC said:
Hi gabs,

Hi MMC,

My declared NOC is 4131 same with you but one of my previous company is no longer exist therefore I cannot secure a copies of my COE, Contract of Employment and a Certified Job description. A certificate of employment was issued to me neverthless I have lost it and the company did not issue me an employment contract when i was still employed to them i worked there from 1999 upto 2002.
My other employer they only issue me a certificate of Employment since i was employed in an on-call basis agreement and the company do not issue any employment related documents on employees under this type of empoloyment. What I can submit as a substitute documents to prove my current affiliation with this company is the Certificate of Employment. I worked here for 11 months.
I submitted an affidavit as a part of the documentary requirements to support my applcation for PR in Canada. I am Chief Engineer Officer and my current job is not in the Priority list. I submitted my full application to manila visa office last July 17 and received AOR Aug 4. As of this time nothing change to my ECAS - still "Received by Visa Office".
So worried now and hope they will not request for additional documents.

Thanks.
Hi Gabs,
Thank you for the information you have given. I can only give advise on the basis of my experience in filling my own application. In my case, I have no problems in acquiring necessary documents. In fact, in my reference letter submitted to them all information needed are present. So, I guess they just wanted to verify and confirm everything before putting my application in process. I think the NOC declared is really very important to them as well as the job description. They won't look at your present employment only the declared NOC.
On a positive note, it is better that you received a letter for additional documents to prove your work experience so you would know that your papers are moving. My suggestion is for your to have options already if in case they are not satisfied with what you submitted and will ask for additional document as evidence of your work experience. The timeline for submission given to me was 30 days but since it was sent on an ordinary mail, I received it 3 days before the deadline. I have to rush everything and submit it to the embassy the next day.
So, gather more evidence of work experience while waiting.

Let's update each other together with Jandi. (July filers)

God Bless.