HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
bosschips said:
Podcasts like coffee break french. Lessons by Michel Thomas. Pair these with formal lessons and you're good to go. :)
Thanks! I'll definitely try those. The thought of studying another language makes me nervous. :eek:

che2xoxo

Jan 11, 2014
Hi. I have a question... hope someone can enlighten me.

Im a NURSE RELIEVER for 1 year and 4months now. Our HR already gave me a certificate stating that I am exempted from SSS and paying tax since our salary are just in the minimum wage.

My question is: AS A NURSE RELIEVER, AM I QUALIFY TO APPLY FOR QSW PROGRAM??? or u have to be a staff nurse in order to apply for it?? Sad

hoping for ur reply

che2xoxo

Jan 11, 2014
solokru said:
@ dreamingforcanada

I hope someone can answer that question for you but if nobody can just compare the two jobs that you've mentioned, check the NOC description and make sure that the job description and qualification matches (some people say at it should be at least an 80% match).

@ MarKho19

Same as all other medical exams all Canadian permanent residents undergo. CXR, blood, VDRL, HIV, general physical assessment, also they'd check your vision if you're wearing corrective lenses.

@ captjack

Quebec Skilled Worker program needs paid experience in order for you to be qualified. That is one of the most important factors in order for you to qualify. Here's the guideline taken from the Immigration Quebec website:

Recognized experience

The work experience by a skilled worker candidate must have been acquired:
in the five years preceding the date of submission of an application for a selection certificate
in an occupation with a skill level above “D” as defined by the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
legally in the country concerned.

The following experience, which respects the aforementioned conditions, is recognized:

experience that was acquired full time or part time in remunerated jobs
full-time or part-time work internships as part of an apprenticeship, training or specialization recognized by a diploma, both remunerated and non-remunerated.

Check the Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration test at Immigration Quebec for you to assess your application.

@ joannaleed

Most of us here applied without any consultants. If you're comfortable doing it alone then you might as well give it a go.

Hi. I have a question... hope you can enlighten me.

Im a NURSE RELIEVER for 1 year and 4months now. Our HR already gave me a certificate stating that I am exempted from SSS and paying tax since our salary are just in the minimum wage.

My question is: AS A NURSE RELIEVER, AM I QUALIFY TO APPLY FOR QSW PROGRAM??? or u have to be a staff nurse in order to apply for it?? Sad

hoping for ur reply

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
che2xoxo said:
Hi. I have a question... hope you can enlighten me.

hoping for ur reply
basta ba kaya mong patunayan sa quebec yung trabaho mo as nurse, ppwede yan :)

richardrn

Star Member
Oct 10, 2013
che2xoxo said:

hoping for ur reply
san hospital kaba? kung mabibigyan ka sana ng certificate as staff nurse pwde. you better ask from an expert like migration consultancy. baka matulungan ka nila

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
bosschips said:
To board seniors:

Is it advisable to apply for Évaluation comparative des études effectuées hors du Québec (comparative evaluation for studies done outside Québec) after getting an AOR?

Thanks! :)
I did mine after I got my CSQ. I also lodged my application to OIIQ almost at the same time since both take months to complete. At least now before I land, I'm just waiting for the final say of OIIQ on my case. Hope it turns out good.

ConradFael

Jul 27, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
QSW-Hongkong/Federal-Manila VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
QSC June 2012/ Federal 27-02-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
QSC August 2012/ Federal 27-03-2013
IELTS Request
Together with application
File Transfer...
27-03-2013
Med's Request
02-05-2013
Med's Done....
14-05-2013
Interview........
QSC Nov 2012/ Federal-waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2013
LANDED..........
February 20, 2014
che2xoxo said:

hoping for ur reply
As long as you can prove that you are working as a nurse. Why don't you ask from your HR a certificate that you are working as a nurse reliever. This will be a good back up for you.

aixumi

Jan 13, 2014
I have work experience of 2 years and have a cert of employment, but I my SSS I have applied for the self employed because the hospital I work doesnt remit the contribution on time. My problem now is I have a different job now and I have failed to remit my sss during the time i was working as a staff nurse. any advise on this one?? hoping for your input..thank you

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imanurse said:
hello po! sang bangko pwedeng magpabank draft?anong requirements na kelangan?
tnx.
punta ka sa mga major banks at magtanong. They will be happy to assist you. If i were you, print out mo yung forms na nagsasabi kung paano magbayad at ipakita mo sa mga banks :)_

friska

Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MONTREAL
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-13
AOR Received.
25-11-13
IELTS Request
SENT TOGETHER WITH APPLICATION
bOSScHIP:

Anong time yung sched mo sa Alliance? Anong Module?
Ako Mon and wed; 6-8:30..Mod A1

May balita ka ba kung saan sila nag-iinterview ngayon for CSQ?
Nakareceive kasi ako ng email from QIIC nasa waiting list me for interview.
Inform na lang daw sila kung kelan o saan.

Thanks po!

Impertubable_myer

Star Member
Oct 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2014
IELTS Request
filed together with CSQ application
Mabuhay!

Finally i have finished reading this trend! Congratulations Sir Conradfael and Sir Pongpong, hope you two can have a good life in Quebec as you landed! And to Sir bosschips and to all who's very enthusiastic to reply in all the questions of the newbies here. I found this forum very useful and i'll definitely follow it!

Goodluck sa ating lahat!

bosschips

Champion Member
Sep 22, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
friska said:
bOSScHIP:

Anong time yung sched mo sa Alliance? Anong Module?
Ako Mon and wed; 6-8:30..Mod A1

May balita ka ba kung saan sila nag-iinterview ngayon for CSQ?
Nakareceive kasi ako ng email from QIIC nasa waiting list me for interview.
Inform na lang daw sila kung kelan o saan.

Thanks po!
Monday-Wed 2pm-5:30pm
Wala akong balita kung saan pero sabi nila sa Alliance daw ginaganap yung iba.