+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

FILIPINO NURSES applying for CNO REGISTRATION ONLY - English and Tagalog posts

azia

Aug 10, 2015
imnotjustanordinarygirl said:
UST po

I'm already on the CNO stage and if they wanted me to take OSCE, bring it on. I'm born prepared.
hi! i'm from UST dn. ask ko lng kmsta na yug CNO assessment mo? and if you don't mind ilan percent yung RN assessment mo from NNAS? mine is not comparable. i have 7 1/2 yrs of work experience but i dont have master's degree.

nicksar

Nov 6, 2014
Singapore
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
DD Encashed on 26-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 22-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the Application
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2015
Med's Request
5-May-2016
Med's Done....
First Round 11-May-2016 | 2nd Round - 10-Jan-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
28-Feb-2017
VISA ISSUED...
6-Apr-2017
https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-cic-canada-should-finish-processing-pre-jan-2015-applications-before-express-entry-apps?recruiter=25596398&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Please vote here. It may help us to finish the processing earlier.

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
hi there,
I am RN nurse from texas (BSN graduate) recently moved to Canada. I applied for evaluation of my license more than a year ago.I already did my jurisprudence exam submitted all the document and as well my working experience like 6 months ago. Today i received a letter from CNO saying I do not meet the nursing education requirement and I have to do Competency Test. I am totally blank now that which level I am in here. What kind of exam is it and if i pass it then do i still have to go to school (which will be frustrating ) and has anybody done this exam and how should i prepare . Please let me know if anybody knows anything. Is there chance if I pass I will can go straight to exam . Please help me .
Thank you in advance.

nursealy

Nov 11, 2015
Hi, everyone!

I am a Pinoy RN planning to go to Canada through the Skilled Workers Program. I intend to pursue my nursing career in Canada (considering Alberta) although I haven't earned any hospital experience in the Philippines. I worked under the Department of Health's RNHEALS program right after I graduated in 2011 as a community nurse for 6 months and that's all the nursing experience I acquired. After that, I pursued other jobs both in and outside the Philippines.

Having been out of the nursing scene for almost four years now, it made me realize that I miss the profession so much. And that it's time to settle down and begin building up this career which I consider is long-term --- something I can still pursue and thrive in even after getting married and having a family of my own.

I have been in contact with CARNA and their representative said that I don't need to have nursing experience to apply for nursing registration in Alberta. That is good news for me. But after reading up on all the steps (plus the fees and the waiting time) I have to go through to be registered, I kind of became disheartened.

I know that everything has a price but I want to know how is it for you Pinoy nurses in Alberta? How are you doing? Has anyone here gone through the path successfully?

I would really appreciate your thoughts.

Thank you.

Have a good day! :)

YA

Feb 3, 2015
toughguy said:
hi there,
I am RN nurse from texas (BSN graduate) recently moved to Canada. I applied for evaluation of my license more than a year ago.I already did my jurisprudence exam submitted all the document and as well my working experience like 6 months ago. Today i received a letter from CNO saying I do not meet the nursing education requirement and I have to do Competency Test. I am totally blank now that which level I am in here. What kind of exam is it and if i pass it then do i still have to go to school (which will be frustrating ) and has anybody done this exam and how should i prepare . Please let me know if anybody knows anything. Is there chance if I pass I will can go straight to exam . Please help me .
Thank you in advance.
Well, CNO is doing this to all US educated applicants. I am a US educated with a BSN from NY and I did receive a letter from CNO saying I do not meet the nursing education requirement and that I have Competency gaps. They asked me for evidence of practice and job description from my employer. My employer just sent it. I am awaiting to see what else they ask. I wont be surprise if they will ask me to do the competency test too. May I ask you, Do you have experience as a Nurse and what type of nursing you do?

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
YA said:
Well, CNO is doing this to all US educated applicants. I am a US educated with a BSN from NY and I did receive a letter from CNO saying I do not meet the nursing education requirement and that I have Competency gaps. They asked me for evidence of practice and job description from my employer. My employer just sent it. I am awaiting to see what else they ask. I wont be surprise if they will ask me to do the competency test too. May I ask you, Do you have experience as a Nurse and what type of nursing you do?
I believe this is all cash grab. Everything is so expensive. I don't have any experience here in Canada but I worked as an RN in nursing home in houston for 4 years and 1 year in hospital. I don't know why they want us to do go through this as it is same practice in north america. Please let me know if you know any Canadian nurse and done these exams. I am really confused and don't know what to do.

kath88

Nov 27, 2015
Hello everyone, to all those who experienced printing the forms from NNAS. Ano po yung nka sulat sa forms? I'm just curious how these forms look like. Thanks.

YA

Feb 3, 2015
toughguy said:
I believe this is all cash grab. Everything is so expensive. I don't have any experience here in Canada but I worked as an RN in nursing home in houston for 4 years and 1 year in hospital. I don't know why they want us to do go through this as it is same practice in north america. Please let me know if you know any Canadian nurse and done these exams. I am really confused and don't know what to do.
I don't know anyone that have done that test but I will ask around. CNO sent me a letter last Friday but I haven't received it yet from the mail. They got my evidence of practice document from my employer with my job description and I am afraid this letter they sent me is a bad new. I hope I don't have to do any bridging program. It is a 20 months course with hundreds of applicants in waiting list. By the time I get accepted and enrolled in the program I must have finished my NP program in States. I only have one year left. This all thing is a nightmare. Did you apply through NNAS? Was your advisory report comparable? Did CNO tell you how many competencies your education didn't met?

toughguy

Jul 24, 2014
YA said:
I don't know anyone that have done that test but I will ask around. CNO sent me a letter last Friday but I haven't received it yet from the mail. They got my evidence of practice document from my employer with my job description and I am afraid this letter they sent me is a bad new. I hope I don't have to do any bridging program. It is a 20 months course with hundreds of applicants in waiting list. By the time I get accepted and enrolled in the program I must have finished my NP program in States. I only have one year left. This all thing is a nightmare. Did you apply through NNAS? Was your advisory report comparable? Did CNO tell you how many competencies your education didn't met?
Thank you even a little hint or anything will help me. Did you get the mail today any good news? i have my 5 years work experience in houston but i dont still this result it is just depressing. bridging program really ? yea i applied from nnas . my nnas experience was bad i think they don't care about us.

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
Hi. Anyone here who took the IENCAP already? Any tips? :)

SweetPea88

Jan 19, 2016
Hi,

Newbie here. Please enlighten my path for this NNAS process. I have 3 yrs experience in Saudi Arabia as a staff nurse but I already ended my contract in 2014. I dont have any connections with my former employer. Apart from this, he has a very bad attitude towards his employees and I think he will not fill up the form required for him to complete.

HERE's the BOTTOMLINE. is it okay if the employer form will be given to POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Agency), which, of course, has the information necessary for my employment in Saudi Arabia? They act as the regulating body for OFWs so I think they have the authority to fill up the form and send it directly to CNO?

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY. I'M DESPERATE BECAUSE i have to process my papers this month while I'm still waiting for my visa to arrive. Im currently in the process of PPR.

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
After you pay the NNAS fees , pdf forms come out with the name of respective employer which obviously must be filled up by the employer.No one else can fill up on their behalf.

If Hr department is not filling up the form then you can ask your immediate Manager to fill up for you , stamp it & seal in the hospital's official envelope.

SweetPea88 said:
Hi,

Newbie here. Please enlighten my path for this NNAS process. I have 3 yrs experience in Saudi Arabia as a staff nurse but I already ended my contract in 2014. I dont have any connections with my former employer. Apart from this, he has a very bad attitude towards his employees and I think he will not fill up the form required for him to complete.

HERE's the BOTTOMLINE. is it okay if the employer form will be given to POEA (Philippine Overseas Employment Agency), which, of course, has the information necessary for my employment in Saudi Arabia? They act as the regulating body for OFWs so I think they have the authority to fill up the form and send it directly to CNO?

PLEASE ANSWER MY QUERY. I'M DESPERATE BECAUSE i have to process my papers this month while I'm still waiting for my visa to arrive. Im currently in the process of PPR.

Janella

Jan 19, 2016
Hello..I'm happy I found this forum as it seems informative and helpful.
I am a licensed nurse currently working here in Dubai for 4yrs now (i have PRC license also).
I'm planning on applying for express entry and while waiting for the results i want to process my application for NNAS as well. I was advised to take the LPN assessment as it has a better chance of approval than that of an RN and to choose a lesser known province.
What do you think guys? Any suggestions? Is there anyone who has the same concerns or have taken this steps already?

Thanks.

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Hi everyone... for the forms to be sent to NNAS from the educational institution, do we need to include the syllabus? I'm not sure if I've requested for it or if my cousin does.... sya kc nag pa follow -up since I'm here in CA. I'm just wondering because I'm seeing a lot of post that syllabus is needed. Thanks