May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
Hi! Newbie here. :) I have just received my canadian immigrant visa and will be landing this second week of November.. I want to pursue my nursing career in Canada ASAP, be it RN or LPN. I have started my application for Ontario (RN and RPN) and Manitoba (RN) via the NNAS, and is on the process of gathering the necessary documents. I also plan to take the IELTS in Windsor probably by the end of November or early December.. I am presently employed as a charge nurse/ nurse supervisor at a private tertiary hospital in the Alabang. I have been working here for more than 5 years and will be resigning two days before my flight. I have also taken the NCLEX-RN last 2008 and was able to obtain licensure from the New Mexico BON (still waiting for CNO's announcement re: previous NCLEX passers). Anyone here who will be taking the IELTS in Canada soon? Your tips will be highly appreciated. And how do we go about the OSCE? TIA!

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

Inform ko lang kayo na CNO is now accepting NCLEX passers so long as you have the letter of eligibility from CNO meaning you meet the other requirements. :)

Good luck everyone.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
honeydc said:
Hi everyone,

Inform ko lang kayo na CNO is now accepting NCLEX passers so long as you have the letter of eligibility from CNO meaning you meet the other requirements. :)

Good luck everyone.
Where did you find such information? I am browsing through their website everyday, trying to find announcements re: their decision concerning NCLEX passers, but to no avail. I really hope they recognize it so I can just focus on IELTS, the jurisprudence exam and the OSCE. :) TIA! :)

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
KatrinaMichelle said:
Where did you find such information? I am browsing through their website everyday, trying to find announcements re: their decision concerning NCLEX passers, but to no avail. I really hope they recognize it so I can just focus on IELTS, the jurisprudence exam and the OSCE. :) TIA! :)
Hi Katrina,

One of my classmates that has US-NCLEX Registration and is suppose to write the test this October 1 called CNO and informed me. You can call them yourself to verify.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thanks honeydc! Will do. :)

jomsjoms03

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Hi guys! Just asking, NCLEX-RN Passing Letter will do or I should have a valid license?
I am USRN under state of Vermont and by March 2015 they will not be renewing those who doesn't have SSN.

I'm a bit worried that CNO might ask me to take the exam again. :(

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
jomsjoms03 said:
Hi guys! Just asking, NCLEX-RN Passing Letter will do or I should have a valid license?
I am USRN under state of Vermont and by March 2015 they will not be renewing those who doesn't have SSN.

I'm a bit worried that CNO might ask me to take the exam again. :(
hi Jomsjoms,

The best way is to call CNO. have you started your application yet? I think they might consider an expired license as they are transfering NClEx result not the licensureor try mo ipa-reinstate ang license mo sa ibang state. States like Colorado, Texas, Kentucky I think don't require SSN.

jomsjoms03

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
09-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
honeydc said:
hi Jomsjoms,

The best way is to call CNO. have you started your application yet? I think they might consider an expired license as they are transfering NClEx result not the licensureor try mo ipa-reinstate ang license mo sa ibang state. States like Colorado, Texas, Kentucky I think don't require SSN.
Thanks honeydc.
Yup, yun nga po un gagawin ko. Para sigurado nalang. I am endorsing my license to Northern Marianas.

Actually not yet po, di pa din ako nagpapaassess sa NNAS and wala padin ako PR Visa pero nagiinquire na ko just in case magstart na magprocess. :D :D :D

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
Hi jomsjoms,

Matagal ang processing. Share ko lang. inabot ako halos 2 years plus 18mo-3 years of schooling. Kaya magstart ka na. Asa pinas ka pa ba? By the way, they do accept expired license as long as you successfully passed the NCLEX.

jomsjoms03 said:
Thanks honeydc.
Yup, yun nga po un gagawin ko. Para sigurado nalang. I am endorsing my license to Northern Marianas.

Actually not yet po, di pa din ako nagpapaassess sa NNAS and wala padin ako PR Visa pero nagiinquire na ko just in case magstart na magprocess. :D :D :D

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hey honeydc! Let's say I was able to finish my application with CNO (for the RN) after two years then enrolled in a program that will run for 18 months. Does that mean my safe practice has already expired by then, since it has been more than 3 years? Or the program itself is considered as a proof of safe practice? I heard practicing as an LPN does not count. This is one tedious work, really. But I'm willing to go through all that.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Update guys: Alberta will be recognizing NCLEX passers too, along with BC and Manitoba. I know it's not much, but at least, that is one step less.

honeydc

Sep 26, 2014
Hi Katrinamichelle,

Yes. Your program is consiered as a recent safe practice. As long as you become a nurse within 3 years post graduation, you are good to go. Just a head's up, I only know one school to be doing an 18-month program which is York University. It's quite competitive as they only accept 50-60 students a year. Other programs run for 2-3 years.

KatrinaMichelle said:
Hey honeydc! Let's say I was able to finish my application with CNO (for the RN) after two years then enrolled in a program that will run for 18 months. Does that mean my safe practice has already expired by then, since it has been more than 3 years? Or the program itself is considered as a proof of safe practice? I heard practicing as an LPN does not count. This is one tedious work, really. But I'm willing to go through all that.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I know.. :( I have heard someone who used to work at my place took the CCA from Manitoba and passed it. He is an NCLEX passer too. He was so lucky he's not required to do further education anymore. He's now a full-pledged RN. Makes me wanna consider moving to Manitoba. But we'll see.