Nomination.....
PER September 15, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
October 14, 2014
Med's Done....
November 4, 2014
Hello po i am nurse and just got per. I am waiting for me medical request. Confirm q lang po kung nagtake aq ng nclex does this mean na hindi na ulit mag aaral ng nursing dun kapag nclex passer aq when i landed thanks in advance

cksmg

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2014
Nomination.....
PER September 15, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
October 14, 2014
Med's Done....
November 4, 2014
cksmg said:
Hello po i am nurse and just got per. I am waiting for me medical request. Confirm q lang po kung nagtake aq ng nclex does this mean na hindi na ulit mag aaral ng nursing dun kapag nclex passer aq when i landed thanks in advance

2 years lang po yung credential assessment ko sa studies ko sa toronto ko po plan mg settle

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
August 7, 2014.. :)
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 20, 2014 (received via DHL Sep 3,2014)
LANDED..........
Booked! :) Praise God!
We still need to take a bridging program. You won't have to retake the NCLEX but all other requirements are pretty much the same (e.g. IELTS, jurisprudence exam, OSCE and the program for IEN which may take up to 2 yrs). You may opt to try the LPN route too so you won't need to undergo OSCE and the program for IENs.

cksmg

Star Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 23, 2014
Nomination.....
PER September 15, 2014
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
October 14, 2014
Med's Done....
November 4, 2014
KatrinaMichelle said:
We still need to take a bridging program. You won't have to retake the NCLEX but all other requirements are pretty much the same (e.g. IELTS, jurisprudence exam, OSCE and the program for IEN which may take up to 2 yrs). You may opt to try the LPN route too so you won't need to undergo OSCE and the program for IENs.
What if i chose LPN do i have to take nnas assessment and take the nclex?

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
good day!

i have confirmed sa cno and ryerson univ. na kahit walang letter of assessment or osce result, pwede mg enroll for RN...d na kelangan mg osce, anyway wala naman assurance na mkapasa...pera2 lng talaga ang cno..
para maka enroll ng rn, kelangan matapos ung bridging sa GBC (diploma un)

Joram14

Nov 11, 2013
lecter said:
good day!

i have confirmed sa cno and ryerson univ. na kahit walang letter of assessment or osce result, pwede mg enroll for RN...d na kelangan mg osce, anyway wala naman assurance na mkapasa...pera2 lng talaga ang cno..
para maka enroll ng rn, kelangan matapos ung bridging sa GBC (diploma un)
You're probably right about going to Ryerson even without letter of CNO or OSCE result. However, isn't it way better to enroll in community college and at the same time take chances in taking OSCE? Nowadays, there have been a lot of OSCE passers, and the 200 cad fee is refundable anyway.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Joram14 said:
You're probably right about going to Ryerson even without letter of CNO or OSCE result. However, isn't it way better to enroll in community college and at the same time take chances in taking OSCE? Nowadays, there have been a lot of OSCE passers, and the 200 cad fee is refundable anyway.
Joram14 said:
Joram14 said:
hi Joram! Do you have any idea about the pass rate for OSCE? I have read somewhere that there are only about 5% who pass. Is it true? How's the situation lately?

vnca

Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 13 2011,
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
PER on 5th oct 2011, AOR from NDVO:14th Nov 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
05th oct 2011
Med's Request
24/03/2012
Med's Done....
11/04/2012, Medical sent to LVO - 25/05/12, ecas update - 28/06/12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06 July2012,Delivered on 24 Aug 2012
VISA ISSUED...
8th Feb 2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Joram14 said:

Hi Joram,

Could u pls let us know how to prepare for OSCE
Is there really good chance to clear OSCE

Please reply
Vnca

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Joram14 said:
Well, i dont know what to do now,....
since you passed the osce result, were u allowed to take the crne right away?
I reckon it will take a year to get a slot for the exam, let alone the reply from CNO or now NNAS
misinformation is worse than being ignorant, i do not know how to proceed,
anyway i will just go on with what i started, i have classmates with licenses already but still unemployed and there i am trying to be in their situation...

thanks joram14

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
NNAS will issue an advisory report within 6-8 weeks once you complete all required documents. With CNO, that I don't know. I have completed the online application 3rd week of September and estimates that requested documents will be received by 3rd-4th week of October. Will be taking the IELTS by November 1, results will be out probably by mid-November. Hopefully, I will receive the report sometime in January, or February at most. Then will forward it to CNO. Will update you guys. Here's hoping that they had found a way to expedite the process through the use of NNAS.

Joram14

Nov 11, 2013
KatrinaMichelle said:
hi Joram! Do you have any idea about the pass rate for OSCE? I have read somewhere that there are only about 5% who pass. Is it true? How's the situation lately?
I don't have idea of the exact passing rate of OSCE (HFO is the best source for this.) However, I have known and heard a lot of OSCE passers lately compared last year, and even new graduates without hospital experience. It only means that there're really a great number examinees who are passing this year, and really depends on how you do in the competency exam.

Joram14

Nov 11, 2013
lecter said:
Well, i dont know what to do now,....
since you passed the osce result, were u allowed to take the crne right away?
I reckon it will take a year to get a slot for the exam, let alone the reply from CNO or now NNAS
misinformation is worse than being ignorant, i do not know how to proceed,
anyway i will just go on with what i started, i have classmates with licenses already but still unemployed and there i am trying to be in their situation...

thanks joram14
Yes, CNO allowed me to take CRNE right away after passing OSCE. You're right that it takes a year nowadays to get schedule for the exam that's why a lot of applicants choose to enrol while waiting for their exam dates. By doing so, allows them to finish courses and add to their transcript that's being forwarded to CNO by community colleges, and probably helps them in their evaluation. Result will be released after 3 months. Also, I can't say about reasons why your classmates despite of having a license but still unemployed; maybe applying outside Toronto could give them opportunity. I hoped I somehow answered your questions.

KatrinaMichelle

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2013 (LC1)
Doc's Request.
May 28, 2014
Med's Request
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
June 5 and 9, 2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
July 23, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Joram14 said:
I don't have idea of the exact passing rate of OSCE (HFO is the best source for this.) However, I have known and heard a lot of OSCE passers lately compared last year, and even new graduates without hospital experience. It only means that there're really a great number examinees who are passing this year, and really depends on how you do in the competency exam.
thanks for the info! :)

marv114

Oct 15, 2014
Magpasked pa lang ako ng OSCE next year. I was just wondering if someone can share tips on how to pass OSCE. And do you know if CNO is doing something to address the issue sa mga IENs na may gaps sa OSCE? Imagine.... 20 mos is fast track na un? Pahirapan masyado and I think it is unfair for us IENs na pahirapan ng ganun.