25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
cim said:
I did my research, believe me...nothing came up. I have spoke to CNO and got the answer that it a possible procedure. Thanks;-)

that's good to know... it seemed unfair to me when i read it before... i must have been misinformed... thanks for the info ;D

envogue

Star Member
Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct.14,2010
AOR Received.
Feb.14,2011
Med's Request
March 10,2011
VISA ISSUED...
May 10, 2011
khai said:
HI envogue..mga 1 week din..pero good thing is you wont have to come back to get the forms and have it mailed..pwede mo na iwan yung claim slip sa courier na nandun sa PRC.THen they'll have you sign an authorization form and they'll text you nalang the tracking number..:)
thanks so much khai for answering... from mla. ka sis? i though visayas ka? congrats on your ppr... God bless :)

khai

Aug 6, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
08-12-2010/17-03-2011
IELTS Request
GT IELTS request: January 21, 2011
File Transfer...
13-04-2011
Med's Request
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
envogue said:
thanks so much khai for answering... from mla. ka sis? i though visayas ka? congrats on your ppr... God bless :)
yes from visayas ako..pero pinakisuyo ko kase sa friend ko who went to manila to do it for me..wala pa ko ppr.. :D kini claim ko lang na sana today na..lol..
God bless you too!

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
visa validity: 15-10-2011
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
Hi I'm new here....Hello po... I'm seeking adv kasi nurse po ako and working for six years. Pag dating Canada wala pa naman po ako employer....wala pa po ako naka set na plans like taking CRNE or yung mga bridging programs. Honestly, wala pa po kasi ako idea about this and kung ano magandang gawin ng isang nurse pag dating sa Canada if mag work na agad sa homes or mag take muna ng exams? If someone out there who's kind enough to give me adv regarding this sobrang maging thankful po ako....share naman po your strategic plans

And about naman po sa US license ko...hindi ko na po sya na renew...what's you opinion about this?

Please....please... please....light my path! thanks ??? ::) ;)

Arriane1888

Feb 28, 2011
cim said:
Hello guys, trying again to reveal the truth regarding an RN lisence endorsment.

Thank you all in advance:)
cim said:
I did my research, believe me...nothing came up. I have spoke to CNO and got the answer that it a possible procedure. Thanks;-)
Hey there cim.... I am not an expert on this, but I know a bit about what you are trying to ask.... We'll it's not actually what you call an endorsement of license---- just like in the US--- wherein, after passing the necessary exam/s, you can work from one state to another provided that you've done necessary step/s (fill-up endorsement form).... I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but in the US, you'll have one license to work in one state to another, since theirs is a national exam (am I right?.... I hope so :))....

In Canada, you don't actually have to work in the province where you passed or applied for registration in order for you to transfer to another province of your liking.... What you have to do though, is to apply and comply with the requirements of the province's registration body as a Canadian applicant, this time, and not as IEN anymore.... When you've passed their requirements, you can then be licensed and eventually work in that province.... Same procedure when you decide to migrate to another province again---- you'll have one license/province ^_~.... A bit complicated (or not?!? ;)) compared to the US's procedure, but not unattainable, thus they (Nursing body) say it is a possible procedure .... The good thing though, just like in the US, is that we don't have to take the CRNE every time we decide to "change environment"....

As I said, cim, I'm not an expert on this so if you found anything regarding this---- and I'm wrong---- please correct me here right away, since any info on this will surely help a lot of us here.... ---- BY THE WAY, I GOT THIS INFO FROM A VERY RELIABLE SOURCE (just like when you ask CNO ^_~) .... Good luck and God bless you....^_^

resolute

Mar 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2010
Doc's Request.
12-03-2010
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
Passport Req..
30-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2011
Gdragon said:
Hello po! I'm also planning for CNO registration. They already sent me the assessment package by email two days ago, at ganun din po, hindi rin included yung form para sa verification of employment.
Hi Gdragon. Salamat sa PM mo about the CNO application package. Appreciate it! :) ;) :D

Sana po mag networking pa rin RN and RPN applicants pag dating natin Ontario. Kita kita tayo dun ! ;D ;D ;D ;D

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this forum. Have been an avid but silent fan of the forums in canadavisa.com until I came across this wonderful thread just today!

I submitted my application for RN registration in Ontario end of March this year. Got their confirmation that they received the forms plus the payment 3 days after. They advised me to wait for updates. I waited for their reply and bugged CNO through emails inquiring about the status of my application. They replied to my messages, although sometimes after 2 weeks, which was understandable.

Just last Friday, before I went to Laguna for work (I am originally from QC but got a job as a paid staff nurse in Laguna after more than a year of volunteer/training experiences in Manila), I received a package from CNO. Excited about the result of my assessment, i literally dropped my bag and hurriedly opened the package.

A mix of emotions settled in as I was reading several pages of the initial result. The letter indicated that I need to submit additional info relating to my nursing experience and completion of additional nursing education. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the BET form that majority of the RN applicants are babbling about, isn't included in the package.

And of course, included is the Option Form to continue or withdraw the application with a 40-day deadline from the date of the letter. Letter was sent 6th of May and I received it just last Friday! Thanks to the very efficient Philippine postal system, I now need to submit the option form before this Wednesday.

I have several questions with regards to the additional requirements they require from me:

a.) Do these requirements have a deadline? In the letter, it only says that further information about the status of my application will be received after 3 months from the day the letter was sent (meaning Aug 6, 2011). Does that mean all the completed forms including verification of employment be received by CNO before Aug 6 this year?

b.) Does anyone have an idea if having BET in the initial application result is a good thing or bad thing? Because according to some forumers, CNO might have changed their application procedure in which BET is not anymore included if application is received after March of this year. Or does this mean that it might still be given depending on the result of the additional info that they require from the applicants? Is it their way of lengthening the process (meaning additional cost in sending documents), just in case the nursing experience and further education fall short to their expectations?

c.) To the forumers who are already in Canada, are there still a lot of RN jobs out there? I have read several postings from allnurses.com and some forums that there are no jobs for us anymore. Because, it seems that a lot of IENs are flocking Ontario (majority in Greater Toronto Area) and I thought that they might have already secured nursing jobs that there are no more slots left for those Ontario RN wannabees like us.

I would like to personally commend the thread started and the forumers for putting up this very informative thread. I learned a lot from the posts (especially from canimmigrant, Paulferrer and carribRN). I hope you could extend your kind hearts and share your thoughts to my enquiries. Kudos for all the help that you give to your fellow countrymen who are Ontario nurse aspirants.

faithfully hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/2010
Doc's Request.
12/5/2010
File Transfer...
18/5/2010
Med's Request
26/10/2010
Med's Done....
11/11/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/5/2011 Passport Sent:6/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
received: June 17,2011
LANDED..........
hopefully 1st week of august
sagittarianrn said:
Hi everyone! I'm a newbie in this forum. Have been an avid but silent fan of the forums in canadavisa.com until I came across this wonderful thread just today!

I submitted my application for RN registration in Ontario end of March this year. Got their confirmation that they received the forms plus the payment 3 days after. They advised me to wait for updates. I waited for their reply and bugged CNO through emails inquiring about the status of my application. They replied to my messages, although sometimes after 2 weeks, which was understandable.

Just last Friday, before I went to Laguna for work (I am originally from QC but got a job as a paid staff nurse in Laguna after more than a year of volunteer/training experiences in Manila), I received a package from CNO. Excited about the result of my assessment, i literally dropped my bag and hurriedly opened the package.

A mix of emotions settled in as I was reading several pages of the initial result. The letter indicated that I need to submit additional info relating to my nursing experience and completion of additional nursing education. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the BET form that majority of the RN applicants are babbling about, isn't included in the package.

And of course, included is the Option Form to continue or withdraw the application with a 40-day deadline from the date of the letter. Letter was sent 6th of May and I received it just last Friday! Thanks to the very efficient Philippine postal system, I now need to submit the option form before this Wednesday.

I have several questions with regards to the additional requirements they require from me:

a.) Do these requirements have a deadline? In the letter, it only says that further information about the status of my application will be received after 3 months from the day the letter was sent (meaning Aug 6, 2011). Does that mean all the completed forms including verification of employment be received by CNO before Aug 6 this year?

b.) Does anyone have an idea if having BET in the initial application result is a good thing or bad thing? Because according to some forumers, CNO might have changed their application procedure in which BET is not anymore included if application is received after March of this year. Or does this mean that it might still be given depending on the result of the additional info that they require from the applicants? Is it their way of lengthening the process (meaning additional cost in sending documents), just in case the nursing experience and further education fall short to their expectations?

c.) To the forumers who are already in Canada, are there still a lot of RN jobs out there? I have read several postings from allnurses.com and some forums that there are no jobs for us anymore. Because, it seems that a lot of IENs are flocking Ontario (majority in Greater Toronto Area) and I thought that they might have already secured nursing jobs that there are no more slots left for those Ontario RN wannabees like us.

I would like to personally commend the thread started and the forumers for putting up this very informative thread. I learned a lot from the posts (especially from canimmigrant, Paulferrer and carribRN). I hope you could extend your kind hearts and share your thoughts to my enquiries. Kudos for all the help that you give to your fellow countrymen who are Ontario nurse aspirants.

The deadline is only for the option form..

The additional information has no deadline,because they are considerate. And they know that HRD of employers here in the philippines, do such forms longer than the usual...it might takes weeks...but of course i will advise you to submit the form to your employers as soon as possible..

Im not sure about the jobs in toronto..pero i believe, if you seek you will find.. And if tlgang matiyaga ang isang tao maghnap ng work dun,mkkhnap at mkkhnap din.. Cguro sobrang daming nurses na doon,pero that makes life there more exciting and challenging..kc the competition is there tlga..what's important is you know what you want,you know yout abilities..and of course God grants what your heart's desire....

paulferrer

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2010
Doc's Request.
05-2010
Med's Request
09-2010
Med's Done....
09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-13-2011
LANDED..........
07-24-2011
mc_geh said:
Hi I'm new here....Hello po... I'm seeking adv kasi nurse po ako and working for six years. Pag dating Canada wala pa naman po ako employer....wala pa po ako naka set na plans like taking CRNE or yung mga bridging programs. Honestly, wala pa po kasi ako idea about this and kung ano magandang gawin ng isang nurse pag dating sa Canada if mag work na agad sa homes or mag take muna ng exams? If someone out there who's kind enough to give me adv regarding this sobrang maging thankful po ako....share naman po your strategic plans

And about naman po sa US license ko...hindi ko na po sya na renew...what's you opinion about this?

Please....please... please....light my path! thanks ??? ::) ;)
Welcome to the thread mc_geh! Well mukhang pare-parehas naman tayo ng plans pag dating dun, which is to become a registered nurse. Hmmm...kasi personally I decided to start my registration process as early as now because of the paperwork that you need to accomplish before leaving the country.

Gaya nga ng sabi ni canimmigrant hassle naman kung makikisuyo pa tayo kung kaya naman na natin umpisahan. Especially yung mga documents na manggaling pa sa PRC and sa school. First thing is you need to decide on which province you will pursue to be registered. Kasi po every province eh iba-iba ang process. unfortunately the main topic of this thread is CNO registration.

I urge you to visit the website of the licensing body of the province you wish to practice nursing. In this case, www.cno.org. May section po dun about internationally educated nurses like us.

If may time din po kayo eh try niyo din po mag back read sa thread na to, madami nadin po kasing mga topic na na-tackle na, and nasagot nadin.

Ako po ang personal plan ko kasi eh kapag hindi lumusot ang RN application ko eh, pursue ko yung RPN registration ko. For the meantime na wala pang mga results ang assessment eh try ko makakuha ng job na related sa healthcare habang hindi pa licensed. Like PSW (personal support worker) or health care aide. Sana may mga openings para sa atin.

I encourage you to also attend the CIIP. Ok po itong seminar nato, dahil bibigyan nila kayo ng career path and action plan and mga network sa immigrant serving agencies pag dating natin dun. May mga healthcare agencies din kasi na matutulungan tayo to start our career in canada. like healthforce ontario etc...

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
@ paulferrer thank you for making effort to respond on my post... well, i'll take the first step now and check CNO website. We are not yet decided on where to settle we have relatives in Surrey, Burnaby, and in Victoria...it depends on where we can get work the easiest ...tapos dun kami mag stay.

Thanks for the tips... God bless
:-*

mc_geh

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MArch 2010
Doc's Request.
27-3-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Med's Request
2-09-2010
Med's Done....
15-10-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
in God's time....soon
hi paulferrer...just read all the threads and just found out that your kind enough to share reviewer from sultani thru the kindness of m2canada ;D ;D :D....pls pa send din naman po sa e-mail ko mc_geh@yahoo.com thanks!!!!!!!

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks faithfully hopeful for replying to my post.

The additional information has no deadline,because they are considerate. And they know that HRD of employers here in the philippines, do such forms longer than the usual...it might takes weeks...but of course i will advise you to submit the form to your employers as soon as possible.. So are you saying that the 3-month time period from the time the letter was sent (letter dated May 6, 2011 meaning Aug 6 is the 3rd month) is for the option form? I thought the deadline of the option form is 40 days from May 6? So i don't need to hurry sending the option form? Quite confused here..

faithfully hopeful

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/2010
Doc's Request.
12/5/2010
File Transfer...
18/5/2010
Med's Request
26/10/2010
Med's Done....
11/11/2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30/5/2011 Passport Sent:6/2/2011
VISA ISSUED...
received: June 17,2011
LANDED..........
hopefully 1st week of august
sagittarianrn said:
Thanks faithfully hopeful for replying to my post.

The additional information has no deadline,because they are considerate. And they know that HRD of employers here in the philippines, do such forms longer than the usual...it might takes weeks...but of course i will advise you to submit the form to your employers as soon as possible.. So are you saying that the 3-month time period from the time the letter was sent (letter dated May 6, 2011 meaning Aug 6 is the 3rd month) is for the option form? I thought the deadline of the option form is 40 days from May 6? So i don't need to hurry sending the option form? Quite confused here..

I'm a bit confused with the letter you have received..the letter I received is same with you I guess...hmmm... Sa letter ko kc,they only give me 40days,i thought at first,it's the deadline for the additional info,so i emailed them, after 2days,they replied, the 40day-deadline is only for the option form Mam. The additional info has no deadline..un nman ang sagot nila..pero iba cguro case mo..bka ung 3month period is for the additional info na tlga..better email them and ask..kc ako sa letter ko dati wla nmang nakaindicate na period except ung 40days..kc super late na din tlga dumating. April nila sinend,dumating May na. I got only 10days left to send the option form...

canimmigrant

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, PHILIPPINES
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-02-2010
Med's Request
25-08-2010
Med's Done....
16-09-2010
Passport Req..
14-11-2010
hello sagitarianrn... if you really are a sagitarius, then we both are sagitarian RNs as that is my zodiac sign as well :))

anyways, welcome to you and mc-geh...

i know faithfully hopeful already filled you in, but here is my reply to your inquiries based on my experience with CNO...

A mix of emotions settled in as I was reading several pages of the initial result. The letter indicated that I need to submit additional info relating to my nursing experience and completion of additional nursing education. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that the BET form that majority of the RN applicants are babbling about, isn't included in the package. i would like to think it is a good sign... they have taken the BET out of the additional requirements first, then if your additional nursing education and work experience will not suffice, you will be asked to do the grueling BET... napansin din siguro nila na ito ang pinaka matagal sina-submit ng applicant... talaga naman kasing dudugo ang ilong mo kaka concoct ng story hahahaha! daig ko pa ang telenovela writer sa ginawa kong BET... sana palarin kami ni paulferrer ;D at lahat tayo dito... on the other hand, kung gaya namin na binigyan na agad ng BET, at least may additional opportunity ka to prove your entry-to-practice suitability... mas magtatagal lang pag walang BET kung wala kang MAN... si bonsai kasi dati, blogger din namin dito, hindi na inintay ang BET nya, nung nakuha ang MSN documents nya (parang MAN din yon) nabigyan sya agad ng eligibility... so edge talaga na may MAN or MSN degree...

And of course, included is the Option Form to continue or withdraw the application with a 40-day deadline from the date of the letter. Letter was sent 6th of May and I received it just last Friday! Thanks to the very efficient Philippine postal system, I now need to submit the option form before this Wednesday. if i computed it correctly, sa june 15 ang deadline mo to submit your option form... IMPORTANT THAT YOU LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE OPTING TO SUBMIT ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS... i suggest you just FAX it to them... you'll find the number kung saan i fax sa option form mismo... then call them after a week to confirm kung nakuha na nila (it takes around 4 to 5 working days for your application to be updated kasi sa system nila)... make sure you have your applicant number when you call at iyon ang "password" mo para ibigay nila ang info mo... explain mo na rin the poor postal service here in the Philippines... considerate naman sila...

a.) Do these requirements have a deadline? In the letter, it only says that further information about the status of my application will be received after 3 months from the day the letter was sent (meaning Aug 6, 2011). Does that mean all the completed forms including verification of employment be received by CNO before Aug 6 this year? this means you will get an update from them within 3 months from the date of your letter... ako so far wala pang update... feb sila sumulat sa akin... i think this is just to inform you about the information the College already has on you, assuming you opted to submit additional documents... so kung hindi pa complete ang verification of work employment mo and additional nursing education, hindi ka pa nila ma a-assess within that time frame... and they will probably inform you also of the documents they received such as verification of registration mo and proof of language proficiency (kung pina forward mo na from IDP or British Council)...

b.) Does anyone have an idea if having BET in the initial application result is a good thing or bad thing? Because according to some forumers, CNO might have changed their application procedure in which BET is not anymore included if application is received after March of this year. Or does this mean that it might still be given depending on the result of the additional info that they require from the applicants? Is it their way of lengthening the process (meaning additional cost in sending documents), just in case the nursing experience and further education fall short to their expectations? explained my take on the matter above ;D

c.) To the forumers who are already in Canada, are there still a lot of RN jobs out there? I have read several postings from allnurses.com and some forums that there are no jobs for us anymore. Because, it seems that a lot of IENs are flocking Ontario (majority in Greater Toronto Area) and I thought that they might have already secured nursing jobs that there are no more slots left for those Ontario RN wannabees like us. meron pa din naman daw nursing jobs doon... basta let's stay positive... nabasa ko sa canadian immigration magazine nila na issued last month lang that their need for nurses will continue into the decade... totoong mas mahirap maghanap ng trabaho sa toronto... pero meron naman... let's stay positive and be realistic with our expectations... ang important is our long term goal -- to eventually become nurses there... pasasaan ba at may mag re-retire dyan na papalitan natin hahahaha! kailangan lang registered tayo talaga... iyun ang mahirap...

let's network in toronto once you are there... goodluck and i hope this helps you ;D ;D ;D

sagittarianrn

Feb 1, 2011
Hi canimmigrant!

Thank you for replying to my post my fellow sagittarian..

I already sent the option form last June 14 through fax. I emailed them and they said they already received it.

I think I'll eventually be given the BET form. I have just started with my Masterals and I only have 2 years of working experience. Although i have spent more than 8 years in tertiary education because of the two degrees I earned, CNO didn't credit it. Mainly because they are totally different.

When I come to the BET part I hope I can get tips from you guys..

The matter of unemployed nurses just shocked me when I saw some posts in allnurses.com. However, just recently I got connected to a friend of mine in Ontario and he said it's not true. Nurses are still needed there. It's just that some of the Filipino nurses he knows are not yet registered with CNO either because of the tedious and/or long application process or because of the CRNE.

You are indeed a sagittarian. Optimistic.. :) Let's stay that way.. And I hope all of the forumers and Filipino RNs applying for CNO registration stay positive as well. Let's have faith in HIM. God bless everyone...