+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hi, @spensierato

1&3) We have our PR visa. - by school we meant the Canadian business school that provides the modules and assists internationally-trained CPA in getting CPA-track units :)

To update, and for others’ reference: Atlantic School of Business for NS/NB/PEI applicants) says it’ll take 6-8 weeks upon receipt of a complete application (docs, fees, etc) to process assessment of Internationally-Trained CPA candidates.

They also replied within the day of our inquiry.

2. PICPA/PRC - We have an up to date profile with both, sent our request via email (as recommended), and just waiting for bank to open and pay for the request. :)

To others interested, send your Request for Letter of Good Standing from PICPA to membership@picpa.com.ph (I can share a template separately)

3. Membership with CPA-governing body - Okay. Thanks!

4. Acquiring CPA designation - Thank you for sharing. By 30 months’ work of experience this then refers to Candian work experience?
Hello, Can I get a template for the Request for Letter of Good Standing from PICPA? Thank you!

kendrickhp

Apr 29, 2020
Hi I'm new here. I am a CPA po here in PH and thinking of being a CPA in Canada. Need pa po ba mamgtake ulit ng 4-5 year course sa Canada or is there a better way to do it?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi I'm new here. I am a CPA po here in PH and thinking of being a CPA in Canada. Need pa po ba mamgtake ulit ng 4-5 year course sa Canada or is there a better way to do it?
Hi

This is the info my fiancée got from CPA Atlantic Business School:

The CPA Professional Education Program (PEP)

The academic portion of the Canadian CPA PEP is offered through online, part-time learning with mandatory in-person workshops and exams, which require students to be physically present. The CPA PEP consists of six online modules with one two-day workshop per module (plus an additional orientation workshop) as well as in-person final exams. These modules are followed by a 3-day Common Final Exam (CFE) to complete the academic program criteria.

Additionally, there is a practical experience component which requires the equivalent of 30 months of full time, relevant employment. This is separate from the academic criteria and it is the responsibility of the student to secure relevant work experience to satisfy this component.
IFAC Member Applicant Process

As you have indicated you are a member in good standing with the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants, please follow the steps below to apply with the CPA Atlantic School of Business. Please note it may take 6-8 weeks to process your application once we receive all required payment and documents, and official reviews may not be transferrable to other regions in Canada.
  • Request a document-by-document WES evaluation. This evaluation will determine the Canadian equivalent of your education. Please note this is an external service provider from the CPA Atlantic School of Business and WES has its own evaluation fee. This must be sent to us directly from WES.
  • Complete an Eligibility Request Form (ERF). Download the form and send an electronic copy to me by email.
  • Pay the International ERF processing fee. This is $350.00 (Cdn) plus tax. You will receive an invoice outlining payment options once you submit your ERF.
  • Submit a detailed resume outlining your professional experience. This can be emailed to me.
  • Submit a detailed job description for your most recent role in the accounting field (within the last three years). This should come from a manager/supervisor and can be emailed me.
  • Submit an official “letter of good standing” from your accounting body. This letter must be current and prove that you are a full member in good standing, and must come in a sealed envelope directly from your accounting body to our Halifax office:
CPA Atlantic School of Business

Suite 1306, 2000 Barrington Street
Halifax NS CANADA B3J 3K1

• Submit a letter of reference from your employer for your most recent role in the accounting field. This should summarize your role, job title, level of responsibility, and duration of employment. This letter can be emailed to me.
Depending on your application, you may be eligible for advanced standing into the CPA PEP. In order to obtain your Canadian CPA designation, you would need to complete portions of the CPA PEP. It is likely that you will be required to complete the following:

• Challenge exams for Core 1, Core 2, and two elective modules
  • Complete Capstone 1 (group project), Capstone 2 (exam prep), and the Common Final Examination (our national three-day exam)
  • Complete 30 months of prescribed work experience. There may be an option to apply for full or partial or full exemption from the prescribed work experience

kendrickhp

Apr 29, 2020
Hi

The academic portion of the Canadian CPA PEP is offered through online, part-time learning with mandatory in-person workshops and exams, which require students to be physically present. The CPA PEP consists of six online modules with one two-day workshop per module (plus an additional orientation workshop) as well as in-person final exams. These modules are followed by a 3-day Common Final Exam (CFE) to complete the academic program criteria.

Additionally, there is a practical experience component which requires the equivalent of 30 months of full time, relevant employment. This is separate from the academic criteria and it is the responsibility of the student to secure relevant work experience to satisfy this component.

As you have indicated you are a member in good standing with the Philippine Institute of Certified Public Accountants, please follow the steps below to apply with the CPA Atlantic School of Business. Please note it may take 6-8 weeks to process your application once we receive all required payment and documents, and official reviews may not be transferrable to other regions in Canada.
  • Request a document-by-document WES evaluation. This evaluation will determine the Canadian equivalent of your education. Please note this is an external service provider from the CPA Atlantic School of Business and WES has its own evaluation fee. This must be sent to us directly from WES.
  • Complete an Eligibility Request Form (ERF). Download the form and send an electronic copy to me by email.
  • Pay the International ERF processing fee. This is $350.00 (Cdn) plus tax. You will receive an invoice outlining payment options once you submit your ERF.
  • Submit a detailed resume outlining your professional experience. This can be emailed to me.
  • Submit a detailed job description for your most recent role in the accounting field (within the last three years). This should come from a manager/supervisor and can be emailed me.
  • Submit an official “letter of good standing” from your accounting body. This letter must be current and prove that you are a full member in good standing, and must come in a sealed envelope directly from your accounting body to our Halifax office:

• Submit a letter of reference from your employer for your most recent role in the accounting field. This should summarize your role, job title, level of responsibility, and duration of employment. This letter can be emailed to me.
Depending on your application, you may be eligible for advanced standing into the CPA PEP. In order to obtain your Canadian CPA designation, you would need to complete portions of the CPA PEP. It is likely that you will be required to complete the following:

• Complete Capstone 1 (group project), Capstone 2 (exam prep), and the Common Final Examination (our national three-day exam)
  • Complete 30 months of prescribed work experience. There may be an option to apply for full or partial or full exemption from the prescribed work experience
Thank you sir. Questions lang po (1) How long po usually tumatagal ung per module? (2) Yung 30 month full-time work experience po ba is sa Canada dapat ma-gain? (3) Tinignan ko po ung website ng Atlantic Business School, meron po silang different advisors per province (if tama po pagkakaintindi ko), if I want to contact them any of the provinces po ba okay lang?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Thank you sir. Questions lang po (1) How long po usually tumatagal ung per module? (2) Yung 30 month full-time work experience po ba is sa Canada dapat ma-gain? (3) Tinignan ko po ung website ng Atlantic Business School, meron po silang different advisors per province (if tama po pagkakaintindi ko), if I want to contact them any of the provinces po ba okay lang?
Hi uli

1) Ito yung Sample Path Plan
2) Di pa namin natanong but when you contact with CPA ~ Business School coordinators, likely macconfirm nila for you
3) Yes, different siya per area. May province na ba kayong napili? Baka makanarrow yun ng iccontact niyo.

kendrickhp

Apr 29, 2020
Hi uli

1) Ito yung Sample Path Plan
2) Di pa namin natanong but when you contact with CPA ~ Business School coordinators, likely macconfirm nila for you
3) Yes, different siya per area. May province na ba kayong napili? Baka makanarrow yun ng iccontact niyo.
Thank you so much po! :) Wala pa po kaming napiling province, actually ngayon ko pa lang naisip na gusto ko itry. Hehe

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hi

Hello po. May I know what is the difference in applying in CPA Atlantic School of Business versus CPA Ontario?

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hello, I just registered as a student in CPA ontario and I just want to know more about the accomplishment of the Practical Experience Certification form for ITAs (ECF). For the portion of the third-party declaration, should it be someone with a CPA designation as the form is requiring a membership number? What if my direct supervisor is not a CPA? Thank you.

janica29

Jul 20, 2020
Hello po, I am a BSA graduate po last year, I was supposed to take the board exam this May kaso po na-cancel and to be resched for October po, pero still tentative. Our PR application is still on process because my Dad still has to complete his medical treatment which is monitored by the Immigration and yung end po nun is expected to be March 2021 and by then we hope to fly to Canada po. As of now, I am still looking for a job to gain more experience since yung internship ko din po is for 3 months lang. Can I ask for advice po on how I will be able to land a job in Canada?? Am I going to find an opportunity even if its a nonCPA position? Do I still need to study again po ba? Maraming salamat po

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi. I checked my portal and CPA LPEP modules (Core 1, Core 2, Electives, Capstone 1 and 2 and CFE) are all required. I just want to confirm what will be the process. Do I need to coordinate with a University first where will I take the modules? How much would each module cost? Would there be an additional fee that needs to be paid with CPA Ontario besides the fee from the University?
Hi,

This information would have been in a pack CPA Ontario sent you if you had indeed reached out.

Have you read through all the information? It’s there somewhere.