+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

decemgee

Nov 5, 2019
Hi, @spensierato

1&3) We have our PR visa. - by school we meant the Canadian business school that provides the modules and assists internationally-trained CPA in getting CPA-track units :)

To update, and for others’ reference: Atlantic School of Business for NS/NB/PEI applicants) says it’ll take 6-8 weeks upon receipt of a complete application (docs, fees, etc) to process assessment of Internationally-Trained CPA candidates.

They also replied within the day of our inquiry.

2. PICPA/PRC - We have an up to date profile with both, sent our request via email (as recommended), and just waiting for bank to open and pay for the request. :)

To others interested, send your Request for Letter of Good Standing from PICPA to membership@picpa.com.ph (I can share a template separately)

3. Membership with CPA-governing body - Okay. Thanks!

4. Acquiring CPA designation - Thank you for sharing. By 30 months’ work of experience this then refers to Candian work experience?
Hi po-

Thanks for sharing. Can we request for the Certificate of Good Standing lang through email? No need for sending someone to the PICPA office? Also, can you share the template you used? :) Thanks so much! :)

Anyone here planning to enroll for CPA Ontario? Baka lang gusto nyo ng buddy. :)

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Hi po-

Thanks for sharing. Can we request for the Certificate of Good Standing lang through email? No need for sending someone to the PICPA office? Also, can you share the template you used? :) Thanks so much! :)

Anyone here planning to enroll for CPA Ontario? Baka lang gusto nyo ng buddy. :)
How would you like to receive the template?

chams_ARL

Jan 16, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
01/16/2017
AOR Received.
04/03/2017
File Transfer...
5/5/2017
Med's Request
5/5/2017
Med's Done....
5/12/2017
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time.....
Hi po-

Hello. Nakapag apply ka na ba sa CPA Ontario? Ano status mo? Are you taking the modules now?

stellarvein01

May 17, 2019
Hi po-

Hello. Enrolled ka na sa CPA Ontario? Mag eenroll palang me:)

vaviene

Aug 19, 2019
Hello ulit,

Sa transcript, pede na ba yung request ko is certificate of rating from PRC?

Salamat sa pagsagot

vaviene

Aug 19, 2019
Pede ba mag request kay PRC na sila magsend ng Certification of Rating sa CPA Western School of Business?

phl2019

Feb 24, 2019
Pede ba mag request kay PRC na sila magsend ng Certification of Rating sa CPA Western School of Business?
Ito irerequest mo versus a college transcript? Naadvise ka ba ng CPA-WSB na pwede ito? When you email them about requirements they’ll assess, they give you a list of things to submit naman.

Lioness23

Jun 24, 2018
Hi. Can you message me the whole DIY process you had? Thank yoi.
Hi! How long did it take you? How did you find an employer? Please give me the details. I’ll be finishing my master’s degree this year. I’m planning to apply but I don’t how/where to start. Thank you.

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hi po-

Hello, I am new here in the forum and will apply for the assessment. Can you send me a copy of the template din po for request of Letter of Good Standing from PICPA? Thanks!

jacobs0n

Feb 21, 2020
Hi everyone, just registered here.

Tanong ko lang sana if nagssponsor ba yung top 10 auditing firms in CA ng work visa? If not, ano ang pinakamadaling paraan to get a job in CA as an accountant? Preferably Toronto kasi may relatives ako dun although they can't sponsor me since hindi eligible. I have a job offer in the US kaso subject to visa lottery (H-1B) kaya I'm looking into Canada instead.

Mr.Lorenzo

Feb 24, 2020
Hello po,

Ask ko lang meron po ba sa inyo who took the path of studying in Canada under diploma program? ask ko lang po how was your student permit application? paano niyo po inexplain sa LOE/study plan. I was accepted under diploma program but already have bachelors degree I'm also a CPA here in the Philippines. Thank you in advance!

Luna041

Feb 27, 2020
Hi All,

I'm new here!
I'm not yet decided as to pursue a career in accounting sa Canada. I'm still weighing things. I'm also a Filipino CPA. I've worked at an accounting firm for 2 years and now currently working at LGU.

What made you guys consider working in Canada? Is really the pasture there greener than here? Is it worth the hassle? Hindi ba masyadong risky? Possible bang makaland ng job agad kahit na you're working pa on global education mu to compete sa market?
(If these are not the type of questions to be asked here, please redirect me if may alam kayo kung saan :) )

Thank you.
God bless everyone!

Luna041

Feb 27, 2020
Pahabol, mag mamatter po ba yung mga experiences dito sa Pinas? or you'll start building your career there, as in back to zero?

NewUser0916

Feb 9, 2020
Hi po-

Hello I am planning to enroll din po. Can I ask for your assistance?