+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
Thank you for your reply spensierato. With all due respect, I will have to disagree with you about the exemptions. This is what the Ualberta FGSR admissions team and --CPAWSB officers said------>If you check the list of accredited programs in CPAWSB website, the MAcc FULLY exempts students from taking the PEP because it's already structured in their courses. As a matter of fact, alI four electives in the CPA PEP is required to take in the MAcc.The MAcc program is a CPA Canada Level D Accredited Program and it has this CPA Accredited Label in its Financial Investment Section. This accreditation allows the students in the MAcc to bypass all courses from core 1 to capstone 2. Graduates are already given the chance to take the CFE upon graduation. It is currently the only masters program in the province that offers this accreditation. The program is expensive because it shortens the usual 2 years of the CPA PEP route to just about 8 months. The program is 16 months faster compared to the traditional CPA PEP route. Cheers!
Hi goodman, I guess you misinterpreted my response. I did not say you have to take the PEP, elective and modules separately from the MPACC. If you look at my response, I said it appears you don't have to take it because it is already ingrained in the program itself - in other words, like what CPAWSB said, it is structured in the program itself. So really, you are still taking them (all modules, etc) but under the MPACC Program. Really, the MPACC is a program that has all the CPA Program modules in it but you pay more and I guess add the MPACC title to your name in the end. I have colleagues in the Big 4 enrolled in this program (mainly in Saskatchewan) and yes, they took the CFE right after the MPACC program. Also, I am totally tempted to do it, just to get a full 4 month break from the stress and do full time studying, but the cost is hella expensive.

Last edited:

jianne_mandz

Mar 11, 2019
Hi po mga kabayan! I am currently working in UAE. Can somebody elaborate how to apply for Alberta PNP? I have a sister in Calgary so would like to move there as well. My express entry profile was submitted last Aug 2018 and still nothing happened. I need a provincial nomination to get higher score as my score is below 400. Hope somebody could help me.

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
hello. nag inquire na ang papa ko sa PICPA sa pinas. ok yung letter of good standing, maproprovide naman sya. pero hinihingan ako ng CPAWSB (CPA western school of business ng:

- Transcript from your accounting body mailed directly to the CPAWSB. (Not applicable to designates from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
- Resume detailing employment history and job responsibilities

any idea kung anong transcript? sa school ang transcript diba? also yung resume, pano masusubmit sa kanila. pwede ba direct from me?

thank you!
just received the results of my transcript assessment.

According to CPA WSB:

"Based on your designation you have been granted exemptions from all CPA prerequisites. It is highly recommended that you complete a Canadian Tax and Canadian Business Law course through a Canadian post-secondary institution. As you are an international designate you are not eligible to enroll in CPA preparatory courses. For additional information regarding CPA-equivalent courses offered by post-secondary institutions within the western region please select the appropriate provincial link below:

Alberta..."

so i guess kelangan ko kumuha ng courses for Canada Taxation and Business Law. kelangan ko rin ng experience verification of at least 30 months. meron akong 8 years experience sa Dubai but i'm not sure how much ang macrecredit sa akin. for sure hindi macrecredit ng 30 months completely, kaya ang problema ko, nahihirapan ako makakuha ng accounting work. I wonder if matutulungan ako ng CPA Alberta with regards to this problem.

nabasa ko na may pre-approved program so i'm thinking if mas applicable to para sakin. hindi ko lang alam kung sila ang maghahanap ng magiging "mentor" ko.:

-----------------------

PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE ROUTES
There are two routes through which future CPAs can obtain their practical experience requirements:

• CPA pre-approved programs: in which future CPAs gain relevant experience in training positions pre-approved by the profession
  • Experience verification: in which future CPAs demonstrate relevant experience at an employer of their choice
----------------------

taken from:

https://www.cpacanada.ca/en/become-a-cpa/cpa-designation-practical-experience-requirements-overview/cpa-practical-experience-overview-for-studentscandidates

anyone with similar situation? help is greatly appreciated! thank you!

Chea19

Mar 1, 2018
Hello Guys,

Anyone here has graduated more than 10 years of Accountancy and CPA, BEFORE you applied for CPA assessment in Canada? Kindly share your result here if they require you to take CPA preparatory or just PEP. Salamat po sa sasagot! :)

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
Hello Guys,

Anyone here has graduated more than 10 years of Accountancy and CPA, BEFORE you applied for CPA assessment in Canada? Kindly share your result here if they require you to take CPA preparatory or just PEP. Salamat po sa sasagot! :)
hi. yeah, i became a CPA in the philippines in 2008. nagapply ako ng transcript assessment and after the result, exempted ako sa CPA preparatory. kelangan ko na mag submit ng admission application then pwede na ko magregister sa PEP. iniisip ko lang kung kuha pa ko ng course for tax and business law.

Reactions: Chea19

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hindi nman nirequire ung canadian working exp. Ung Cpawsb ba eh school? Sa akin kasi hindi na kailangan magschool, nasa akin if will challenge directly the exam or magmodule muna parang review sya before taking the exam.
Hi,

San ka po grumaduate? 4-year course lang po kasi BS Accountancy sa'min sa Ilocos. I'm thinking baka hindi ako eligible mag direct challenge sa CFE? Thanks!

Ph CPA
3 yrs exp

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello everyone!

Im planning to go to Canada with my family soon and researching for success. Just would like to check if the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation is widely recognised in Canada?

Thanks in advance!
Carlo
Feeling ko naman oo. Kasi I'm planning to take the CFA level 1 exam in Feb, tapos ang ginawa ko is nag search ako kung may jobs na nagrerequire ng CFA credentials sa indeed.com tapos ayun, may hits naman. Try mo din yun for CIA.

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
hello. i'm a filipino CPA and just arrived last may 2018 in canada. i'm staying in red deer, AB.

nag register ako sa CPAWSB and nagpa assess sa WES. after masubmit result ko, hinihingan pa ko ng:

5. Letter of Good Standing - For applicants who have a designation from an organization that is a member body of the International Federation of Accountants (www.ifac.org), the following are required:
a. Letter of good standing from your accounting body mailed directly to the CPAWSB.
b. Transcript from your accounting body mailed directly to the CPAWSB. (Not applicable to designates from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
c. Resume detailing employment history and job responsibilities

anybody who has any idea about this? is this PICPA? can anybody confirm: kapag may PRC license ka as accountant, automatic member ka ng PICPA? tagal na kasi expired PRC license ko, kasi nagwork ako sa dubai for 7 years and hindi ko naman nagamit ang CPA title ko duon.

thank you.
Yes, PICPA po ito.

Eto po details nung nag-request ako ng Letter of Good Standing sa PICPA. Of course, kailangan po PAID din kayo sa membership fee ng chapter niyo as PICPA member para maissue-han kayo ng LGS.

Bank: Union Bank - Shaw Blvd. Branch
SA# 100840069691
Certificate - P112.00
Mailing fee - P1,680.00 (for Canada), will also need CPA Canada's complete address and contact details.

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hello mga kabayan!! I graduated from college during aug 2017 and passed the CPA exam last may 2018. I'm already here in alberta and was wondering if mas maganda kunin yung Masters in Accounting program(MAcc) ng University of Alberta rather than taking the usual PEP route since pagka-graduate ng MAcc, board exam agad (no need to take modules, electives and capstones). Nakaktuwa lang na pagkagraduate, may master's degree na, tapos pwede na mag final exam (CFE)
Contact ka siguro ng advisor mo sa CPA Canada body sa Alberta? Pa-advice ka kung ano mas okay sa case mo.

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Thank you for your reply spensierato. With all due respect, I will have to disagree with you about the exemptions. This is what the Ualberta FGSR admissions team and --CPAWSB officers said------>If you check the list of accredited programs in CPAWSB website, the MAcc FULLY exempts students from taking the PEP because it's already structured in their courses. As a matter of fact, alI four electives in the CPA PEP is required to take in the MAcc.The MAcc program is a CPA Canada Level D Accredited Program and it has this CPA Accredited Label in its Financial Investment Section. This accreditation allows the students in the MAcc to bypass all courses from core 1 to capstone 2. Graduates are already given the chance to take the CFE upon graduation. It is currently the only masters program in the province that offers this accreditation. The program is expensive because it shortens the usual 2 years of the CPA PEP route to just about 8 months. The program is 16 months faster compared to the traditional CPA PEP route. Cheers!
Napansin ko din, may Practical Experience (work) din na requirement for CPA Canada. After mo mag take ng CFE at mapasa, need pa ng experience ata.

Check mo din kung ma-admit ka sa MAcc kasi ang alam ko, not all bachelor's degree in the Ph eh equivalent din sa BS nila dun. Kaya double check mo sa admissions kung eligible ka sa MAcc Program.

Good luck!!!

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
hi. yeah, i became a CPA in the philippines in 2008. nagapply ako ng transcript assessment and after the result, exempted ako sa CPA preparatory. kelangan ko na mag submit ng admission application then pwede na ko magregister sa PEP. iniisip ko lang kung kuha pa ko ng course for tax and business law.
San ka po nagpa-assess? Kasi may nabasa din ako sa thread na to na Ph CPA na eligible mag direct challenge sa Common Final Exam agad agad, without going through yung CPA PEP modules (Core 1 to Capstone 2 modules)

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi po mga kabayan! I am currently working in UAE. Can somebody elaborate how to apply for Alberta PNP? I have a sister in Calgary so would like to move there as well. My express entry profile was submitted last Aug 2018 and still nothing happened. I need a provincial nomination to get higher score as my score is below 400. Hope somebody could help me.
Anong points po ba ang na-assess niyo for your Express Entry profile? Ang alam ko may information every draw about sa cut off score nila.

Try mo po mag search sa Alberta PNP website. Kasi sa BC ako nagse-search and ganito website nila. I'm sure meron din siguro sa Alberta.
https://www.welcomebc.ca/

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
San ka po nagpa-assess? Kasi may nabasa din ako sa thread na to na Ph CPA na eligible mag direct challenge sa Common Final Exam agad agad, without going through yung CPA PEP modules (Core 1 to Capstone 2 modules)
gumawa ako ng account with CPA WSB (western school of business). nagpa assess na ako dati with WES (world education services) dahil sa pag migrate namin to canada. nagpagawa ako bago report then addressed to CPA WSB. after nun, nirequire ako 3 bagong requirements: letter of good standing (PICPA), transcript from PRC, and resume detailing responsibilities. then after ko masubmit and maasess nila ulit, pinapasubmit na ako ng admissions application and register sa CPA PEP.

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
gumawa ako ng account with CPA WSB (western school of business). nagpa assess na ako dati with WES (world education services) dahil sa pag migrate namin to canada. nagpagawa ako bago report then addressed to CPA WSB. after nun, nirequire ako 3 bagong requirements: letter of good standing (PICPA), transcript from PRC, and resume detailing responsibilities. then after ko masubmit and maasess nila ulit, pinapasubmit na ako ng admissions application and register sa CPA PEP.
I see. So kailangan mo mag-aral pa rin sa modules ng CPA PEP no? Hindi ka binigyan ng option to challenge the exams ng each module (except Capstone 1 & 2 ata)?

jolofugi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2019
Category........
FSW
Hi everyone who among you already landed in Canada and opt for a student visa? Thanks! What is much better a student visa or an immigration visa?
Hi, I'm going for student VISA for January 2020 intake at Northern Lights College in British Columbia. Mag-take ako ng Business Management Diploma with Accounting Specialization. 2-year course siya (first year mo e Business Mgt Certificate naman) para entitled ako for 3 yrs na Post-Grad Work Permit (PGWP).

Are you already in Canada?