+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filipino CPAs to Canada, What are your plans?

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
Hindi na ako nagpa WES sa akin sinubmit ko nlang ung TOR ko at letter pf good standing saka ibang requiremnts tinanggap nman nila nka enroll na ako ngaun sa module
hi, thanks for the reply. hala sayang naman yung WES ko kung ganun. anyway, papatanong na alng muna ako sa PICPA sa pinas. nasa canada na kasi ako. pwede naman siguro sila tumanggap ng authorization letter?

thanks!

chams_ARL

Jan 16, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
01/16/2017
AOR Received.
04/03/2017
File Transfer...
5/5/2017
Med's Request
5/5/2017
Med's Done....
5/12/2017
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time.....
hi, thanks for the reply. hala sayang naman yung WES ko kung ganun. anyway, papatanong na alng muna ako sa PICPA sa pinas. nasa canada na kasi ako. pwede naman siguro sila tumanggap ng authorization letter?

thanks!
Yup, actually inutasan ko ung kapatid ko. Binayan lang ung membership due ko. Sabihin mo send lang nila directly sa school. Try mo magpa assess as Sa Category ng International Trained Accountants sa CPA Alberta. Ganun kasi ginawa ko sa CPA ontario, qualified na akong ichallenge ung board exam nila need to go to school.

thanks!

Evon_24

Oct 24, 2018
Yup, actually inutasan ko ung kapatid ko. Binayan lang ung membership due ko. Sabihin mo send lang nila directly sa school. Try mo magpa assess as Sa Category ng International Trained Accountants sa CPA Alberta. Ganun kasi ginawa ko sa CPA ontario, qualified na akong ichallenge ung board exam nila need to go to school.

Evon_24

Oct 24, 2018
Hi!. Just read ur messages and learned na nagstart ka na to take CPA modules. (Happy for u ). I'm planning din to go back again to school (while working) once we will land in Canada. Any tips/advice for us who are still in the Phil. on what certifications or trainings to take? Have you heard about the ACAF certification na pwede kunin online while outside Canada? If yes, do u think it is worth it if eventually I will take the CPA PEP in the future?

By the way, CPA din ako Pinas, 8yrs audit and acctg. & finance experience. Plan to go to Toronto, Ontario through EE. Parents and siblings are there. Still working on WES and IELTS. I did a lot of research re: IRCC and tried the CRS calculator na din.

I really appreciate any thoughts/advice re: CPA career path (either from ur personal experience or as shared by others). TIA.

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
that's good to hear. may requirement pa ba na canadian accounting work experience? right now manual labor work ko e. gusto ko bumalik sa office kahit accounting assistant or bookkeeper. kahit office admin. ang hirap lang dito sa red deer, parang province kasi dito. :(

also i want to know if i'm on the right track, sa CPAWSB ako naginquire, tama ba?

chams_ARL

Jan 16, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
MVO
App. Filed.......
01/16/2017
AOR Received.
04/03/2017
File Transfer...
5/5/2017
Med's Request
5/5/2017
Med's Done....
5/12/2017
LANDED..........
In God's Perfect Time.....
that's good to hear. may requirement pa ba na canadian accounting work experience? right now manual labor work ko e. gusto ko bumalik sa office kahit accounting assistant or bookkeeper. kahit office admin. ang hirap lang dito sa red deer, parang province kasi dito. :(

also i want to know if i'm on the right track, sa CPAWSB ako naginquire, tama ba?
Hindi nman nirequire ung canadian working exp. Ung Cpawsb ba eh school? Sa akin kasi hindi na kailangan magschool, nasa akin if will challenge directly the exam or magmodule muna parang review sya before taking the exam.

Reactions: jolofugi

mark12345680

May 26, 2018
Sorry, I am not fellow Filipino but an aspirant wishing to practice audit in public accounting firms in Canada.
Does anyone of you know if we are required to obtain an audit license to be an external auditor in Canada? Thanks :)

goodman3936

Oct 28, 2018
Hello mga kabayan!! I graduated from college during aug 2017 and passed the CPA exam last may 2018. I'm already here in alberta and was wondering if mas maganda kunin yung Masters in Accounting program(MAcc) ng University of Alberta rather than taking the usual PEP route since pagka-graduate ng MAcc, board exam agad (no need to take modules, electives and capstones). Nakaktuwa lang na pagkagraduate, may master's degree na, tapos pwede na mag final exam (CFE)

jeliamzon

Oct 23, 2018
Hindi nman nirequire ung canadian working exp. Ung Cpawsb ba eh school? Sa akin kasi hindi na kailangan magschool, nasa akin if will challenge directly the exam or magmodule muna parang review sya before taking the exam.
hello. nag inquire na ang papa ko sa PICPA sa pinas. ok yung letter of good standing, maproprovide naman sya. pero hinihingan ako ng CPAWSB (CPA western school of business ng:

- Transcript from your accounting body mailed directly to the CPAWSB. (Not applicable to designates from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
- Resume detailing employment history and job responsibilities

any idea kung anong transcript? sa school ang transcript diba? also yung resume, pano masusubmit sa kanila. pwede ba direct from me?

thank you!

goodman3936

Oct 28, 2018
hello. nag inquire na ang papa ko sa PICPA sa pinas. ok yung letter of good standing, maproprovide naman sya. pero hinihingan ako ng CPAWSB (CPA western school of business ng:

- Transcript from your accounting body mailed directly to the CPAWSB. (Not applicable to designates from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India or The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan)
- Resume detailing employment history and job responsibilities

any idea kung anong transcript? sa school ang transcript diba? also yung resume, pano masusubmit sa kanila. pwede ba direct from me?

thank you!
With regards to the transcript, its from PRC. I asked for my transcript FOR THE CPALE since CPAWSB is specifically asking for a document enumerating your grades from each of the subjects of the CPA exam in the Phil through PRC. For the transcript, it can be submitted directly from you since they just want to see how much work experience you've had.

Reactions: eris0819

Ar-jay

Jan 3, 2019
May permanent residency card po ako dito Sa Ontario. At license CPA po ako sa pilipinas ano pong requirements para po maging CPA din ako dito? Salamat po in advence.

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
Sorry, I am not fellow Filipino but an aspirant wishing to practice audit in public accounting firms in Canada.
Does anyone of you know if we are required to obtain an audit license to be an external auditor in Canada? Thanks :)
No, you are not required to have any license to get into Public accounting firms. These firms hire people straight out of college. Auditors get a license (CPA in Canada) while working for these firms usually after two years.

Last edited:

spensierato

Star Member
May 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
Not Applicable
Nomination.....
October 29, 2014
AOR Received.
Not Applicable
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Not Applicable
Med's Request
January 30, 2015
Med's Done....
February 9, 2015
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
March 3, 3015
Hello mga kabayan!! I graduated from college during aug 2017 and passed the CPA exam last may 2018. I'm already here in alberta and was wondering if mas maganda kunin yung Masters in Accounting program(MAcc) ng University of Alberta rather than taking the usual PEP route since pagka-graduate ng MAcc, board exam agad (no need to take modules, electives and capstones). Nakaktuwa lang na pagkagraduate, may master's degree na, tapos pwede na mag final exam (CFE)
This is the first time I've heard that the program is offered in University of Alberta (so had to do a quick google for it) but a similar program has been offered in University of Saskatchewan (MPacc) and I have known a number of colleagues taking it. This is a good option if you have more money to burn as I heard that the MPacc costs at least thrice more than the usual CPA Program. Also, this a great option if you are finding it hard to balance work and taking CPA together as you can focus on studying full time from May to August for two consecutive years. Also, it's not true that you don't have to take the capstone, electives or modules. It appears so cause it is engrained in the program itself (i.e if you look into the MAcc program - two of the modules is capstone one and two).

Last edited:

goodman3936

Oct 28, 2018
This is the first time I've heard that the program is offered in University of Alberta (so had to do a quick google for it) but a similar program has been offered in University of Saskatchewan (MPacc) and I have known a number of colleagues taking it. This is a good option if you have more money to burn as I heard that the MPacc costs at least thrice more than the usual CPA Program. Also, this a great option if you are finding it hard to balance work and taking CPA together as you can focus on studying full time from May to August for two consecutive years. Also, it's not true that you don't have to take the capstone, electives or modules. It appears so cause it is engrained in the program itself (i.e if you look into the MAcc program - two of the modules is capstone one and two).
Thank you for your reply spensierato. With all due respect, I will have to disagree with you about the exemptions. This is what the Ualberta FGSR admissions team and --CPAWSB officers said------>If you check the list of accredited programs in CPAWSB website, the MAcc FULLY exempts students from taking the PEP because it's already structured in their courses. As a matter of fact, alI four electives in the CPA PEP is required to take in the MAcc.The MAcc program is a CPA Canada Level D Accredited Program and it has this CPA Accredited Label in its Financial Investment Section. This accreditation allows the students in the MAcc to bypass all courses from core 1 to capstone 2. Graduates are already given the chance to take the CFE upon graduation. It is currently the only masters program in the province that offers this accreditation. The program is expensive because it shortens the usual 2 years of the CPA PEP route to just about 8 months. The program is 16 months faster compared to the traditional CPA PEP route. Cheers!