+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Filed in September 2009?

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meena1208 said:
Hi,

I have also applied in Sep 2009, my application was confirmed and have to submit the details by 120 days. I have sent documents for PCC. Now I have to collect the details for IELTS. Did anyone of u appear for IELTS test. My entire education was in english and I am in US for last 5 years. Do I have to appear for test or write a letter to immigration. Pls suggest???
Meena1208, I would suggest that you take the IELTS. The Visa Officer does the assessment based on your first language and that is decided by the country where you were born or where you are an original citizen of. Only these countries are accepted to have their first language as English - US, UK, Australia, New Zealand. Even my whole education has always been in English and I am in the US from last 3 years, but that doesn't matter. Why take the risk? IELTS is pretty easy and gives you a hard proof to submit. However, if you still want to write an explanation instead, I can provide you the format for the letter (It is of 4 pages). Send me your personal e-mail and I can send it to you.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pasi said:
I dont know what to say about the Washington DC embassy. I called them, no response. Emailed them, yet no response. So I am going to give a try by sending the notarized copy of my passport. If they are able to do the verification, I can even drive to Washington to get it stamped. If not, I ll have to get it from India only.
Pasi, I would say give it a shot. I am sure you would get it more easily here than in India, though it costs much less in India, but the bureaucracy is more.

S.A.

Nov 4, 2009
Waoooo thats cool garian4u....you know I just came from office and when I was on the way I was thinking that when I would open fourm today will hear good news from u :) and really I just open and saw ur msg......Congrats Dear ....This was the easy stage now tought stage has come so be prepare Hope v all ill be success Ameen...........

garian4u said:
Farhaniqbal, what a prediction !!! You ought to be an astrologer. I finally received my AOR around an hour back. Thanks Pasi, barsindoo, nz2ca and everyone else. Hopefully, we keep using this forum to plan our next stage as this has been a very lively and helpful forum.

nz2ca, I have to agree with you. The AOR does say that the DD was encashed on 17 Nov, however, I had last checked with the bank on 23 Nov and they had confirmed that it was still outstanding.

Querida

Nov 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2009
Doc's Request.
30-10-2009
AOR Received.
29-12-2009
Med's Request
11-05-2010
Med's Done....
19-05-2010
Interview........
11-05-2010
Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that my application reached Sydney on the 30th of September, and I got my AOR today! Thanks to eveyone who's been sharing their timelines for these two months here!

S.A.

Nov 4, 2009
Congrats Querida.....

Querida said:
Hi guys! Just wanted to let you know that my application reached Sydney on the 30th of September, and I got my AOR today! Thanks to eveyone who's been sharing their timelines for these two months here!

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
S.A. said:
Waoooo thats cool garian4u....you know I just came from office and when I was on the way I was thinking that when I would open fourm today will hear good news from u :) and really I just open and saw ur msg......Congrats Dear ....This was the easy stage now tought stage has come so be prepare Hope v all ill be success Ameen...........
Thanks a lot S.A. It really feels great to know how we think and feel about each other. Hopefully, we all stay in touch through this thread for our subsequent stages too. You are correct, the tougher stage is now, but I hope everyone will overcome this stage too and maybe we all will meet in Canada sometime soon :)

amay

Star Member
May 20, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Jan-2010
Doc's Request.
02-Mar-2010
AOR Received.
29-Mar-2010
Med's Request
04-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
26-Apr-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-Aug-2011
Congratulations to Garian4u and Querida! And Good luck as yo start preparing for the next stage.

I received my AOR on 18th Nov. Two things have happened -
first is that CIO has asked me to send my full application to Buffalo, USA. Although I stayed in USA for three years I moved to UK last year and have been in UK since then. So my file should be in London,UK. My consultants have written this to cic and we are waiting for their response.
Meantime I have been gathering my police clerances and by now i have got India, UK and Texas police clerance. But FBI PCC has been very slow. I wasted time in applying and sent my application on 29th Oct. I have used Credit Card for payment and now Garian4u looking at your message earlier, it seems credit card payment results in slower processing at FBI. I am still waiting. I had requested them deadline date as 30-Nov-2009. Unfortunately I forgot to put that date on the outer envelope and had just mentioned it on covering letter only while applying to FBI PCC. Since last two weeks i have been calling them often. But they still have not updated my application in their system. I get response that there are multiple screening stages and it will take 8-10 weeks. I was advised to write email to their email address. I did so. But got the same repsonse. Now I am really getting worried as it will be further slower around Christmas and holiday season. Please let me know if there are any ways to expedite FBI PCC after sending the application.

Thanks.
amay

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
Garian4u - First of all, my hearty wishes to you on receiving your AOR!!!

And reg the PCC, yes I am going to send the application form with a notarized copy of my passport. If they would process it, fine. Otherwise also, I am going to send the full docs to Buffalo before I leave to India. I spoke to few people here and they say I can send my docs with an explanation letter that I would be sending my docs in another 30 days (this is enough time for me to get it in India).

Let me see what is going to happen with this Washington embassy. And reg your FBI certificate, I would say, you can wait for some more time. I dont see anything good in sending another application. You would be waiting again.

meena1208

Star Member
Aug 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
15-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2014
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
garian4u, Thank you so much for your advice. I am thinking of giving the IELTS test as you suggested, Is there any online site to practice. I inquired at our local IELTS center, they are charging $185 , is it right? Secondly when sending PCC and other details, do we have to notarize our passport copies.

Also I would be thankful if you send me the format letter at my personal email id - meenamhatre@yahoo.co.in

Thank a ton once again..

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
search the web or any P2P software lots of free material available, tons of prep material for IELTS on line.

R

rishabshanker

meena1208 said:
garian4u, Thank you so much for your advice. I am thinking of giving the IELTS test as you suggested, Is there any online site to practice. I inquired at our local IELTS center, they are charging $185 , is it right? Secondly when sending PCC and other details, do we have to notarize our passport copies.

Also I would be thankful if you send me the format letter at my personal email id - meenamhatre @ yahoo.co.in

Thank a ton once again..
Hi meena,

I am assuming you applied for the IELTS at your local British Consulate...if yes then they should have given you a small booklet which has some practice questions....I got one a few years back when I did my academic IELTS ...anyways even if you didnt get a booklet, no sweat. If you have done your schooling in english and have also been speaking the language quite well for a long time then the exam is a cakewalk, also note that the IELTS required for immigration is only the "General" exam ot the "Academic" one the general exam is easier ...so dont worry, relax...go write your exam and you will def clear it in flying colors...

All the best and God Bless

Cheers,
Rishab

prospective

Aug 27, 2009
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2009
Doc's Request.
23-11-2009
AOR Received.
26-04-2010
Med's Request
Oct 24, 2012
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2013
LANDED..........
September 2013
garian4u said:
Farhaniqbal, what a prediction !!! You ought to be an astrologer. I finally received my AOR around an hour back. Thanks Pasi, barsindoo, nz2ca and everyone else. Hopefully, we keep using this forum to plan our next stage as this has been a very lively and helpful forum.

nz2ca, I have to agree with you. The AOR does say that the DD was encashed on 17 Nov, however, I had last checked with the bank on 23 Nov and they had confirmed that it was still outstanding.
Congratulationsss!!!!