+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to New York (NYVO)? JOIN HERE!

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Same. Is there any way to contact these visa offices?

EDIT: Found their number, attempted to call but their automated robot thing says they don't answer questions about "Canada's Visa or Immigration programs". Guess genuinely can't do anything besides wait.
You can send a webform to specific visa offices but the best way to get information is GCMS notes as that will have full details of the case.

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Same. Is there any way to contact these visa offices?

EDIT: Found their number, attempted to call but their automated robot thing says they don't answer questions about "Canada's Visa or Immigration programs". Guess genuinely can't do anything besides wait.
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't think there's anything to do other than wait at this point. You can order GCMS notes, but I think that I would just wait until it's been a more significant stretch of time. Here's hoping things move soon for us!

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Wow. Pre-arrival letter and medical request in one day.

Sent: May 3rd 2021
AOR1: June 11 2021
Biometrics Requested: June 11 2021
Sponsorship Approval: June 14 2021
Moved to NYVO: June 14 2021
Biometrics Given / Passed: July 06 2021
Pre-Arrival Letter: September 01 2021
Medical Request: September 01 2021
Congrats! Our timelines are almost identical, so I'm hoping to hear something soon!

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020
Just received our DM and PPR from NYVO. Interestingly enough, while the e-mail received was all referring to NY it came from the Manila VO. Looks like they are having other offices work files from around the world.

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Medical passed a day after submission from my doctor. Already got pre-arrival a week ago. Fingers crossed it is purely smooth sailing to decision made from here

Reactions: gc1735

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
Hey all little update but we haven't been able to complete our medical yet as Nova Scotia is very backlogged with requests however we did manage to finally get a set date in October(yay!), the other day however we also got invited to Pre-arrival services! I get mixed feed back as to whether that is good or run of the mill but fingers crossed !

Read through the thread and I'm happy to see so many of you have had good progress! Hope you and yours are all doing well

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Had my medical exam last Friday and just got a "ghost update" today - is this likely them receiving my medical results? Or would there be some other status change that would reflect that they received them (before saying I had passed them)? Does it just jump to passed whenever they acknowledge them? Thanks!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Had my medical exam last Friday and just got a "ghost update" today - is this likely them receiving my medical results? Or would there be some other status change that would reflect that they received them (before saying I had passed them)? Does it just jump to passed whenever they acknowledge them? Thanks!
ECAS will say if they received and you passed

Reactions: gc1735