+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to New York (NYVO)? JOIN HERE!

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
COVID manages to slip it's way in everywhere hey? I'm sorry you both have had such a long wait

I'm hoping there will be some movement soon logged in the GC yesterday and seen what I think was a "Ghost Update" but not holding my breath lol Never was ever good at waiting games. o_O

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
So I guess this is one of those "Speak of the devil" moments , we just logged into GC and we found out that the VO requested our medicals over night gonna do a little happy dance haha

Reactions: Korion

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
@Jarex
Just joined glad this forum is here

Outland (PA is American)

App rec'd December 29th 2020

AOR February 11th 2021

BIL February 25th 2021 (completed in Canada via service Canada on March 5th)

SA and transferred to VO on March 1st 2021

Since then no word from IRCC aside from a webform reply from the VO that our application is "is under review by an officer"

we ordered our GCMS notes

Eligibility : 1

Security : 1

Criminality :1

No mention of medicals yet either.

We have similar timelines. Was there a change in the ECAS status on the PA side from In process to App received and then back to In process ?
All we got when we sent a webform is, its under review by an officer and that doesn't really say much does it. We ordered the GCMS notes last month, we are hoping that would give us more insight into what is going on.

SN2020

Jun 3, 2020
Hang in there! We received COPR and wanted to send a timeline for others because I was checking this forum twice daily! US citizen married to Canadian Citizen -applied outland but moved to Canada part way through process.

Received Sept 25
AOR Feb 24
SA, BIL Feb 25
Medical Mar 22
AOR2 - NYVO (but never received AOR2)
DM May 15 (ECAS)
Pre arrival May 15
PPR - June 2 (in Canada, so local office contacted for updated info via email)
Virtual landing - June 4 (email link received)
COPR - June 8

Reactions: Alexis1971

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hang in there! We received COPR and wanted to send a timeline for others because I was checking this forum twice daily! US citizen married to Canadian Citizen -applied outland but moved to Canada part way through process.

Received Sept 25
AOR Feb 24
SA, BIL Feb 25
Medical Mar 22
AOR2 - NYVO (but never received AOR2)
DM May 15 (ECAS)
Pre arrival May 15
PPR - June 2 (in Canada, so local office contacted for updated info via email)
Virtual landing - June 4 (email link received)
COPR - June 8
That was really fast.

SN2020

Jun 3, 2020
We are so grateful! Especially because we had our package complete and waited to mail our package for 4 months just because no movement due to COVID. Hang in there, once its started, things seem to move fast!

Jarex

Star Member
May 30, 2021
@Jarex

We have similar timelines. Was there a change in the ECAS status on the PA side from In process to App received and then back to In process ?
All we got when we sent a webform is, its under review by an officer and that doesn't really say much does it. We ordered the GCMS notes last month, we are hoping that would give us more insight into what is going on.

No change in ECAS whatsoever on PA's side just says "We received PA's application on xxx"

We are waiting to hear back from doctors for the medical exam appointment as apparently Nova Scotia is very backlogged.

We had the same response from NYVO " Greetings Your file is under review by an officer We will contact you if we need more information "

I definitely recommend GCMS notes and there are a few forums on here that will help you translate their weird jargon.

Hope you get some good news soon.

Reactions: JRAS

JRAS

Feb 17, 2021
No change in ECAS whatsoever on PA's side just says "We received PA's application on xxx"

We are waiting to hear back from doctors for the medical exam appointment as apparently Nova Scotia is very backlogged.

We had the same response from NYVO " Greetings Your file is under review by an officer We will contact you if we need more information "

I definitely recommend GCMS notes and there are a few forums on here that will help you translate their weird jargon.

Hope you get some good news soon.

Thanks! Yeah, we ordered our GCMS Notes on May 14th. Just followed up with them since it's been 30 days. How long did yours take to come in?

JJSD

Apr 20, 2021
My file status in Ecas changed to "Application received " During last week of march 21 and back to in progress.
IRCC agent confirmed file is moved to NYVO. security/criminality checks are over and background checks are going on.
last week on 24th June- ECas status changed back again to " APPLICATION RECIEVED". and still the same.
Anyone has any idea why the status would change to "APPLICATIO RECIVED" twice?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My file status in Ecas changed to "Application received " During last week of march 21 and back to in progress.
IRCC agent confirmed file is moved to NYVO. security/criminality checks are over and background checks are going on.
last week on 24th June- ECas status changed back again to " APPLICATION RECIEVED". and still the same.
Anyone has any idea why the status would change to "APPLICATIO RECIVED" twice?
It was received somewhere.

Seriously, this is not worth spending too much time thinking about. Probably these ecas and gckey pages are generated from ancient database structures that only have one or two flags - on or off. One of them means received. In some narrow internal sense. It could just as easily say true or false , yes or no, like a database query., It's just a computer bit. The change means something happened and not much more.