+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File Transferred to New York (NYVO)? JOIN HERE!

JJSD

Apr 20, 2021
It was received somewhere.

Seriously, this is not worth spending too much time thinking about. Probably these ecas and gckey pages are generated from ancient database structures that only have one or two flags - on or off. One of them means received. In some narrow internal sense. It could just as easily say true or false , yes or no, like a database query., It's just a computer bit. The change means something happened and not much more.
Thank you..I agree

Chithrakv

Jul 7, 2021
My application was received on March 9th 2021. Received Biometrics, Medical and SA on the same day, April 22nd.
Last update was on May 5th with Medical Passed.
No update from then.

I raised a webform. Figured my PCC must have expired (I got it in Oct 2020), so sent a new one. Heard back that they have updated my PCC and my file is with NYVO. When it moved to NYVO, no clue.

I agree with so many others that have said - waiting is torture. I wish they would update their systems to atleast have consistent updates across the board so that people can see how far along they have come.. even if they don't see when they will get approval.

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
Any rhyme or reason to when medical request gets sent? USCIS ASC only let me book biometrics three weeks out so it took quite a while to get them taken, but haven't heard anything about medical yet - see timeline in signature.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Any rhyme or reason to when medical request gets sent? USCIS ASC only let me book biometrics three weeks out so it took quite a while to get them taken, but haven't heard anything about medical yet - see timeline in signature.
I got medical in June and got DM within days of the results being uploaded. From this thread I get the sense that medical is at the end of the process for NYVO

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
Hi guys! I received a passport request on July 12. The letter said I should mail my passport to the New York VO or to CPC-Ottawa-PR if I am in Canada. Since I am presently visiting in Canada, I mailed my passport to Ottawa and it was delivered July 19. Today, my passport was returned back to me with a letter that says

"Please note that we are returning your original documents without a COPR or PR Visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A Visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident."

My GCKey still shows "Action Required".

Can someone explain what the letter means? And do I need to mail the New York VO directly for more information? I am confused, please.

Chithrakv

Jul 7, 2021
Hi guys! I received a passport request on July 12. The letter said I should mail my passport to the New York VO or to CPC-Ottawa-PR if I am in Canada. Since I am presently visiting in Canada, I mailed my passport to Ottawa and it was delivered July 19. Today, my passport was returned back to me with a letter that says

"Please note that we are returning your original documents without a COPR or PR Visa being issued. We want to assure you that this does not affect the decision of your application. A Visa office will contact you with information on confirming your status as a permanent resident."

Can someone explain what the letter means? And do I need to mail the New York VO directly for more information? I am confused, please.
Yes. I think emailing the New York VO is the way to go. Since you are already in Canada -- you might be sent an e-COPR instead which you will have still take to one of the Canadian borders to activate. Not 100% sure about e-COPR part but worth looking into and please do email the NYVO.

Korion

Star Member
Sep 2, 2020

I believe this means they are going to do a virtual landing for you as you're already in Canada. From what I've read in the forums, they will call you and ask some questions then issue the eCOPR. Congrats!

What's your timeline?

bubu_j

May 25, 2021
I believe this means they are going to do a virtual landing for you as you're already in Canada. From what I've read in the forums, they will call you and ask some questions then issue the eCOPR. Congrats!

What's your timeline?
App Mailed: Mar 03, 2021
App Received: Mar 08, 2021
AOR 1: April 13, 2021
SA: April 14, 2021
App Moved to VO: April 14, 2021
Medical Requested: June 08, 2021
Medical Passed: June 23, 2021
Biometrcis: Given fro TRV
Pre-Arrival: July 9, 2021
Decision Made: July 9, 2021
PPR: July 12, 2021

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
I just had a background check completed for a new job and it turned up a speeding ticket I'd gotten in 2018 (which I had forgotten about, but it is paid off), and it's classified in the report as a "non-criminal offense minor misdemeanor," but shows up as a court record. I answered "no" on my application for PR for the question "Have you...ever: been convicted of, or are you currently charged with, on trial for, or party to a crime or offence, or subject of any criminal proceedings in any country?" Is this an issue? Should I reach out to someone to include this information - I'm not sure this qualifies as a reportable "crime or offence." Thank you!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
How many people here has ecas that says

We started processing your application on June 29, 2021

And haven't heard anything since?

gc1735

Star Member
Apr 6, 2021
How many people here has ecas that says

We started processing your application on June 29, 2021

And haven't heard anything since?
Me too! Hoping for medical soon. I've seen a few May filers whose applications were sent later shoot to the end of the process recently and wondering if something's up with mine!

Jerenny

Jan 1, 2021
Me too! Hoping for medical soon. I've seen a few May filers whose applications were sent later shoot to the end of the process recently and wondering if something's up with mine!
Same. Is there any way to contact these visa offices?

EDIT: Found their number, attempted to call but their automated robot thing says they don't answer questions about "Canada's Visa or Immigration programs". Guess genuinely can't do anything besides wait.