+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transferred to etobicoke

tkhan270

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Glad to share my application timeline, Thank you for this group being for all the support and guidance.

Type: Spousal Sponsorship Inland

Application Submitted: June 20, 2023

Medical and Bio: August 18, 2023

AOR (Sponsor): Sep 24, 2023

Application Transferred: Oct 10, 2023

Application was transferred to Etobicoke Office.

Sponsor Approval: October 25, 2023 (from CPC Mississauga)

Procedural Fairness Letter: November 17, 2023

The letter request 10 plus documents, which we were required to submit in 7 days. PFL Response submitted on November 22. Ensured that the response was very comprehensive.

Reached out to MP: Jan 15th for an update, standard update that application was in process.

Eligibility Passed Letter: January 30, 2024

Decision in Progress (GCKey): January 31, 2024

Portal 1: January 31, 2024

Tracker (All completed and COPR shown): Feb 01, 2024

Portal 2: Feb 06, 2024

ECOPR: Feb 07, 2024 (from Etobicoke IRCC)

PR Card: waiting

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
i called the ircc today and i was told that my fill has been transferred to Etobicoke for further processing. does anyone here have an idea what could be the issue?

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
i called the ircc today and i was told that my fill has been transferred to Etobicoke for further processing. does anyone here have an idea what could be the issue?
Welcome to the club, you’re in for a long and hard ordeal. It ain’t nothing good once they do that. Sorry to break it to you but we’re in the same boat.

Amiah_world

Star Member
Nov 17, 2023
how long is the wait time? i submitted last year february 6 and its over 12 months now.
Wow that’s long, I’m not sure about wait time I’ve been waiting for some time now as well. They’ll either send u a PROCEDURAL FAIRNESS LETTER (PFL) or call you in for an interview amongst many other things, keep your fingers crossed but once they transfer your file it’s not within normal processing time no more they can take whenever to get back to you and that’s that.

Last edited:

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
how long is the wait time? i submitted last year february 6 and its over 12 months now.
Did you apply under Family Class sponsorship? (Saw your posts in different sections)
If you apply under Family Class sponsorship, transferring to etobicoke usually mean a more in depth review.
You may get an interview or PFL. There is no timeline if you are in this non routine path.
There is little information that you've provided. Are you being sponsored by your spouse? How long have you been together?
Is that an arranged married? Any un-declared visa refusal?

Etjigger

Nov 22, 2020
Yea, its spousal sponsorship and i am being sponsors by my spouse, been married for over 15 years with 3 kids. Yes, I have a visa refusal which I mentioned in my application. My marriage certificate was attached along with my application. This is no arranged marriage. I really don't know what else they want...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yea, its spousal sponsorship and i am being sponsors by my spouse, been married for over 15 years with 3 kids. Yes, I have a visa refusal which I mentioned in my application. My marriage certificate was attached along with my application. This is no arranged marriage. I really don't know what else they want...
Order GCMS notes and find out more about your application.
Were you added to your spouse profile when he/she became a PR (ignore if your spouse is not a naturized Canadian/PR) as non-accompanying.