+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from local VO to Beijing Visa Office

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Nothing new. It is getting heavy.
I sent via email a letter of intent from my employer regarding changes in my employment and did via the webform as well, just to be safe. Obviously, received nothing back and don't know if they'll ever get the document.
When did you send the mail? I sent a mail too via Web form about my visa will expire soon but no reply yet...
I'm gonna try to call MP this week. I'm not sure it won't be so helpful though.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
When did you send the mail? I sent a mail too via Web form about my visa will expire soon but no reply yet...
I'm gonna try to call MP this week. I'm not sure it won't be so helpful though.
I sent it yesterday morning, Amsterdam time. I did the general email I found on the IRCC website + a webform. I'm not expecting to hear anything back honestly.

I reached out to my MP in mid April so I will do it again probably in June if we still haven't heard back. Its been 2 months without any news for you and us, I feel like that's a long time without anything, even for IRCC...

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
I sent it yesterday morning, Amsterdam time. I did the general email I found on the IRCC website + a webform. I'm not expecting to hear anything back honestly.

I reached out to my MP in mid April so I will do it again probably in June if we still haven't heard back. Its been 2 months without any news for you and us, I feel like that's a long time without anything, even for IRCC...
You already reached your MP? You got some information from MP?
I know MP won't accelerate my app though... Yeah, it's really a long time I get super frustrated with this.
Why do they take such long time for background check..Ugh!

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
You already reached your MP? You got some information from MP?
I know MP won't accelerate my app though... Yeah, it's really a long time I get super frustrated with this.
Why do they take such long time for background check..Ugh!
MP was nice because it gave a more detailed breakdown of the information and dates and all, but it honestly didn't bring much more information than what we already knew. It definitely did nothing to accelerate the application though, as you can see haha

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
MP was nice because it gave a more detailed breakdown of the information and dates and all, but it honestly didn't bring much more information than what we already knew. It definitely did nothing to accelerate the application though, as you can see haha
Ahh I see. It's been just 2 months since our file is in process! I'm not sure what's happening at all.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Ahh I see. It's been just 2 months since our file is in process! I'm not sure what's happening at all.
It seems like a whole lot of people with the same processing start date as us are just waiting and waiting and waiting with nothing happening. Not sure what's the reason behind it :(

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
It seems like a whole lot of people with the same processing start date as us are just waiting and waiting and waiting with nothing happening. Not sure what's the reason behind it :(
Right. And there're some people who got DM/CoPR from Beijing vo, their files were started processing later than us...
That's why I get so frustrated and anxious. Anyway, if there's a update, I'll share here!

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Seems I had forgotten I sent an email out of Beijing VO via the general email you can find on the IRCC website on March 31st. I just got a reply today where they said they received our additional documents and they are under review. We knew they had received them, but its good to know they are now under review I guess.

Reactions: armoured

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Seems I had forgotten I sent an email out of Beijing VO via the general email you can find on the IRCC website on March 31st. I just got a reply today where they said they received our additional documents and they are under review. We knew they had received them, but its good to know they are now under review I guess.
That's good! I got a reply from Beijing vo today, too. But it was obviously a fixed one because it starts with Dear Sir/Madam...
It says my app is currently under review and they're not sure when to be finalized.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
That's good! I got a reply from Beijing vo today, too. But it was obviously a fixed one because it starts with Dear Sir/Madam...
It says my app is currently under review and they're not sure when to be finalized.
Same start to the email I got back, but it specifically answers the question I had about our additional documents when I sent my initial email and further states the documents are under review. I'll try to see that as a positive (even though its somewhat of a really small positive lol).

I am really not sure what to do to even get proper answers on where the application is at and all. If our applications have been under review for 2 months, what else do they need ? Like how long do they need ?

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Same start to the email I got back, but it specifically answers the question I had about our additional documents when I sent my initial email and further states the documents are under review. I'll try to see that as a positive (even though its somewhat of a really small positive lol).

I am really not sure what to do to even get proper answers on where the application is at and all. If our applications have been under review for 2 months, what else do they need ? Like how long do they need ?
Actually I sent message twice, in mid of April and last week. The reply which I got today was to April's one (That I mentioned my update of address). I told them about I'm currently Canada already but the reply said "We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans" ... I was like "???". (Probably it's a fixed phrase so meaningless though)
And also it said "Processing time may vary due to the volume of apps received and other factors". Recently it seems that a lot of files are transferred to Beijing VO, so it might take longer than other VOs?

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Actually I sent message twice, in mid of April and last week. The reply which I got today was to April's one (That I mentioned my update of address). I told them about I'm currently Canada already but the reply said "We recommend that you do not finalize your travel plans" ... I was like "???". (Probably it's a fixed phrase so meaningless though)
And also it said "Processing time may vary due to the volume of apps received and other factors". Recently it seems that a lot of files are transferred to Beijing VO, so it might take longer than other VOs?
I think that's just the standard message IRCC uses in response to all queries honestly. That's like their motto: "Don't finalise anything, cause we can't guarantee anything" haha. Yeah, they seem to have pretty intense volume, but considering our files have been there for a while, I'd hope they'd get processed before the new ones...

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Recently it seems that a lot of files are transferred to Beijing VO, so it might take longer than other VOs?
There are periodic comments here from applicants who have heard from the call centre agents (or MPs, or others perhaps?) that Beijing and possibly some other offices are fulfilling a 'support' or secondary role (blah blah digitilization something).

It could be that this is just incorrect information from the call centre agents - no way to know.

Or it could be accurate that some other visa office is really the 'primary' office (presumably meaning makes the final decision).

Meaning: it's possible the waiting or queues or time delays* don't mean that Beijing is particularly busy - but that ultimately it's the same limited throughput at whatever office is responsible, somewhere else in the world.

*Not clear to me that all of these are 'delayed' actually, some seem like more or less in normal time frame, at least from perspective of when AOR/med and biometric requests were done.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
There are periodic comments here from applicants who have heard from the call centre agents (or MPs, or others perhaps?) that Beijing and possibly some other offices are fulfilling a 'support' or secondary role (blah blah digitilization something).

It could be that this is just incorrect information from the call centre agents - no way to know.

Or it could be accurate that some other visa office is really the 'primary' office (presumably meaning makes the final decision).

Meaning: it's possible the waiting or queues or time delays* don't mean that Beijing is particularly busy - but that ultimately it's the same limited throughput at whatever office is responsible, somewhere else in the world.

*Not clear to me that all of these are 'delayed' actually, some seem like more or less in normal time frame, at least from perspective of when AOR/med and biometric requests were done.
Agree, from what I have read, we do seem to be within the normal time frame still. This really comes from the mild (to intense haha) annoyance of seeing people who have applied after and even in 2021 getting decision done and receiving their CoPR.

I don't understand why these files could be processed super rapidly, while ours seem to be stuck and not updating.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
Agree, from what I have read, we do seem to be within the normal time frame still. This really comes from the mild (to intense haha) annoyance of seeing people who have applied after and even in 2021 getting decision done and receiving their CoPR.

I don't understand why these files could be processed super rapidly, while ours seem to be stuck and not updating.
Couldn't agree more with you @canadianexpat93 ! I understand our app is processed in normal time frame (One year...I hope).
I can't believe why people who applied the end of 2020 or even 2021 already got their CoPR...
I hope our files are not skipped and we'll get updates soon.