+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File transfer from local VO to Beijing Visa Office

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
No decision made yet for me either, almost 2 months now doing background check. I'm wondering if my UK Military and Government service is affecting the speed of the background check, still hoping for 1 year completion date.
I doubt either of those would be issues for the 'background check'. More likely just internal delays in covid time.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
No decision made yet for me either, almost 2 months now doing background check. I'm wondering if my UK Military and Government service is affecting the speed of the background check, still hoping for 1 year completion date.
If military increases the background check and all, that could explain why my spouse's application has been taking longer as well...

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Military service will depend much on country. North Korea more of an issue than nato.
Not North Korea, so I guess I'll take that as a positive haha ! Honestly, still within the 12 months time frame so I shouldn't be so stressed out, but can't help but be annoyed and worried by the lack of communication for nearly 2 months now. Felt nice for a second to maybe know why its been complete silence :)

Reactions: armoured

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
I doubt either of those would be issues for the 'background check'. More likely just internal delays in covid time.
Most likely yes, paranoia hits in easily ive found during this process. waiting and seeing, we are headed to Canada in 5 weeks time so that my wife can give birth surrounded by her family. I doubt everything will be finished by then and i will just have to update my address so that they can finish it internal to canada. Quarantine hotel booked, flights booked, travel insurance sorted. Here's to hopefully being able to start a job and support my family soon!

Reactions: armoured

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
Not North Korea, so I guess I'll take that as a positive haha ! Honestly, still within the 12 months time frame so I shouldn't be so stressed out, but can't help but be annoyed and worried by the lack of communication for nearly 2 months now. Felt nice for a second to maybe know why its been complete silence :)
Beijing office is a busy place and lack of communication for 2 months is not unusual.
If you're stressed/worried try calling the IRCC call centre. Maybe they can tell you something?
Be prepared for some hold time.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Beijing office is a busy place and lack of communication for 2 months is not unusual.
If you're stressed/worried try calling the IRCC call centre. Maybe they can tell you something?
Be prepared for some hold time.
I figured it wasn't uncommon, doesn't mean it isn't annoying or doesn't lead to self questioning.
I am not in Canada, so I can't call IRCC, which doesn't help as there is really no way to get answer from abroad since they barely ever reply to webform.

Western Mountain Man

Nov 2, 2018
Canada
I figured it wasn't uncommon, doesn't mean it isn't annoying or doesn't lead to self questioning.
I am not in Canada, so I can't call IRCC, which doesn't help as there is really no way to get answer from abroad since they barely ever reply to webform.
Many of us have been through it and can relate to the frustration even without covid.
The system is antiquated and they don't want to make it easy for you,

Good thing is your file has been transferred so don't bother them on webform unless they ask for something.
No news is good news !

Reactions: canadianexpat93
Feb 18, 2021
Most likely yes, paranoia hits in easily ive found during this process. waiting and seeing, we are headed to Canada in 5 weeks time so that my wife can give birth surrounded by her family. I doubt everything will be finished by then and i will just have to update my address so that they can finish it internal to canada. Quarantine hotel booked, flights booked, travel insurance sorted. Here's to hopefully being able to start a job and support my family soon!
I am still waiting on DM and PPR since March 19th as well. We are planning to relocate to Canada near the end of July. Hoping all will be done by then.

jckp

Mar 19, 2021
My visitor Visa will expire early July so maybe have to expand with paying...
I called IRCC to ask about visa, the agent told me they don't know when DM will be issued so should expand visa...
It seems kind like IRCC just want the fee from people who have to expand their visa due to the delay of process.
I hope Beijing VO will issue our DM and CoPR as soon as possible!

solman07

Star Member
Aug 7, 2020
My visitor Visa will expire early July so maybe have to expand with paying...
I called IRCC to ask about visa, the agent told me they don't know when DM will be issued so should expand visa...
It seems kind like IRCC just want the fee from people who have to expand their visa due to the delay of process.
I hope Beijing VO will issue our DM and CoPR as soon as possible!
best we can do is wait, hopefully many beijing VO people are monitoring this thread and will update when they see movement from that VO but the reality is no one knows what is happening behind the scenes. IRCC could be controlling the flow of people in to Canada in order to not overflow the quarantine hotels, bring new variants in. I see you are a June applicant so hopefully you hear some good news in the next month :) compared to earlier months in 2020 you are doing very well with your timeline!

Reactions: jckp

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I'm willing to bet that IRCC does not "want" the money in any meaningful sense and it will be more expense to actually deal with the file. The fees are fixed, they have to collect them; and if they had a system to reduce paperwork for them by getting the PPR done before the TRV, they would. It's just an unfortunate side effect of covid and relatively ancient systems.

canadianexpat93

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Anyone has gotten some updates from Beijing VO recently?

Nothing new. It is getting heavy.
I sent via email a letter of intent from my employer regarding changes in my employment and did via the webform as well, just to be safe. Obviously, received nothing back and don't know if they'll ever get the document.