+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

File seperate

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
I got rq and would like to get my family members file seperated from me, how to do it, I am in vancouver..does anybody know fax number of CIC vancouver??

egyo

Apr 24, 2012
Unfortunately, file separation is an option ONLY when a family member failed in the test...but in RQ ALL have to be in the same boat till the very end of the long process. Good luck

uncanny

Jun 12, 2013
123sMike said:
I got rq and would like to get my family members file seperated from me, how to do it, I am in vancouver..does anybody know fax number of CIC vancouver??
Sorry to hear about you getting a RQ. According to one of the operation bulletins they are not allowed to separate files if one family member is given RQ.

BY the way do you mind sharing your timeline? And did you use the newer application form which had the option for CIC collecting your list of entries from CBSA?

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
i know a case which has done that..principal applicant got RQ ..wife seperated from the family..

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
I will complete my residency ( 1095 ) for citizenship before my wife by 6 months.

Should I wait until she complete her residency or not ?( the problem is my wife dose't work and i am afraid if she apply alone she will get RQ)

should i send a letter with my application explain why my wife didn't apply with me?

I thought if you apply as a family file it will be much better than everyone apply alone especially if the wife doesn't work

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
I am not sure about it, if you apply seperately..there can be issues and if together there can be issues..my case was a straight forward case..still I got RQ..no clue

Maisa

Jun 14, 2012
Call cic to get Vancouver's # my brother got RQ'd & his wife separated her file & got her test date three months after the file separation request while he is still waiting until now.
Maisa

123sMike

Star Member
May 20, 2013
is there any one who knows fax number of vancouver CIC ..I called call centre and they have no clue

andriy155

Star Member
Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
123sMike said:
is there any one who knows fax number of vancouver CIC ..I called call centre and they have no clue
You can try your luck and use this fax number: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/refugees/reform-bro.asp
Though, it is for the different kinds of applications.

egheri

Mar 20, 2014
egyo said:
Unfortunately, file separation is an option ONLY when a family member failed in the test...but in RQ ALL have to be in the same boat till the very end of the long process. Good luck
Hi guys, please help with advice.
I am the one who got RQ back in April 2013. Me and my husbang had our test yesterday. I got 20/20, he 14/20 failed. However he has past the oral interview and documents verification. I have asked if I, at least, can receive the oath with kids and they told no, I have to wait untill my husband passes the test. What if he doesn't pass it 2nd time? I don't understand why I can't get the oath if the documents are fine and there is no more questions re our residency.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
123sMike said:
Check this link . it's a similar casa.
https://secure.immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15188&title=separating-file-due-to-family-member-failing-exam