+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

Ramandeeps4

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
hey bro!! I applied for a study permit extension on November 1st and today I received the letter stating my application has been transferred.
when did you applied?
The reason behind that is because they only process it at one location, and other local office. So to maintain the workload they want to be able to process it ASAP.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Hi there, CIC told me the 9 months start from the day the local office received my file so I have to wait for another 2 months.
May I ask if you get approved? Thanks. Mine in Edmonton too but four months later.

dolly55667

Feb 28, 2020
May I ask if you get approved? Thanks. Mine in Edmonton too but four months later.
Hey I also applied for my PGWP on May 22, 2019. My file got transferred to the local office in November and it’s going to be 10 months but didn’t get any result from them. I also applied for gcms notes on feb 29. Is there anyone who got approval after file got transferred to local office? Plz do let me know.

dolly55667

Feb 28, 2020
Hi,

Yes, i got my PGWP on December 5, 2019. Just have faith. It took 10 months on my application.
Congrats. So happy for u. I Have one question. Aa I did 2 years study I am suppose to get 3 years work permit. Do they cut any timing as we are waiting for an year?

bel

Jul 20, 2012
No. They still issued a 3 years PGWP. Validity is December 04, 2019 and expiration is December 04, 2022.

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
Hey I also applied for my PGWP on May 22, 2019. My file got transferred to the local office in November and it’s going to be 10 months but didn’t get any result from them. I also applied for gcms notes on feb 29. Is there anyone who got approval after file got transferred to local office? Plz do let me know.
Hey did u get your gcms?plz reply

Scotians19

Star Member
Mar 10, 2020
I applied wp extension paper application on 22 November and I recently been informed that my file has been referred for further review.

Did someone face this situation before or have any idea about this?

Reactions: Jhegel

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Still waiting for their response. Being exactly 11 months. Nothing so far.
Hey I know it's an old post but still, my application also forwarded to the local office so I just want to know how long it took to get yours? So I can calculate mine as well. What kind of work permit did u apply? When did u receive it? I am in the same situation and really stressed out.!!!

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
I applied wp extension paper application on 22 November and I recently been informed that my file has been referred for further review.

Did someone face this situation before or have any idea about this?
Hi, m in the same situation!! Did u apply for BOWP???

Jhegel

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Hi . I am also under implied status. Mine is also WP extension. I was asked for the additional documents by local visa office and currently they are under review. Do you have any idea how long it can take now?
Hey what kind of ADD they asked from you? Mine also waiting just wan to know about it! Thanks