+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
My wife applied for pgwp in sept .and her visa approved in dec.22 and I applied for open work permit in canada on 11 November and file transferred to Etobicoke on 31january .what can be reason dnt know ...

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
I applied on May 29th 2019 for a study permit extension and my eligibility is still “in progress”. I received a letter saying that my application was transferred to CPC Edmonton for further processing on July 5th.
Hey ..if your visa approved??

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
7.5 months applied with lmia
No reply
Hi can you plz tell if you got approval of your work permit after file get transferred to local office ...currently facing same situation more than processing time thanks ...what to do dnt know

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
My wife applied for pgwp in sept .and her visa approved in dec.22 and I applied for open work permit in canada on 11 November and file transferred to Etobicoke on 31january .what can be reason dnt know ...
Maybe request GCMS notes.
Are you in Canada ?

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Hi there, CIC told me the 9 months start from the day the local office received my file so I have to wait for another 2 months.
Hello
May I ask that if you have any update?

ananda07

Feb 29, 2020
Hi
I got an update from my study permit extension which was submitted on Feb 11th

“This letter refers to your application for a Study permit.
Application: S**********
Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.”

The information letter definitely raised my concerns. I applied for study permit extension two months before my original permit expiry date.
My original permit was valid for four years unitl this year 6/30.
What will happen to my study permit extension next. I feel like file transferring to local CIC office is not a good sign.
I did remember I had a six months school break in 2017. Will this break impact negatively on my study permit extension?
I also ordered GCMS notes through my husband but it’s not coming.
hey bro!! what was the outcome of this? I’m in the same situation. can u please share?
Thanku

ananda07

Feb 29, 2020
hey bro!! I applied for a study permit extension on November 1st and today I received the letter stating my application has been transferred.
when did you applied?

Harpreet Bedi

Feb 11, 2020
hey bro!! I applied for a study permit extension on November 1st and today I received the letter stating my application has been transferred.
when did you applied?
Same thing happened to me. I have applied on 20th oct and got message on 28 January that your application transferred to local cic office for processing after that no update. Let’s see!!