+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

file has been transferred to local CIC office

rohit K

Apr 29, 2021
While I am on implied status and the authorities will take another 7-8 months to process my work permit extension, am I eligible to apply TRV meanwhile???Can anyone help?

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
hi
i applied for SOWP on 03 january 2020 and my file moved to edmonton on april 7 2020 still no response . involve MP three times still no response its inland file
Hii parminder Did you got your response?? I am in the same situation it has been 22 months my work permit application is still in process.

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
MIne too
its BOWP
its almost a year now
Yes its so frustrating my drivers license is expired and they are not renewing it. My application was in Edmonton first now they transferred it to Saskatoon office. When I called earlier they said it will take 6 months from the date Saskatoon office got the application now it has been 7 months and they are saying they is no processing time due to covid. It looks like covid is still only affected my application all my friends already got their PR and I am still waiting for pgwp.

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Hii parminder Did you got your response?? I am in the same situation it has been 22 months my work permit application is still in process.
hi kuldeep,
no i have not received any update on my file . still in progress. stuck at background check

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
can you please share your timeline . when did your file moved to edmonton office?
thank you
Yes It was transferred to Edmonton office in December 2019 and then to Saskatoon office in November 2020 so it is now in Saskatoon office. When I was a student I thought I will go see my husband who is India after getting my work permit. But never knew that my work permit will take near about two years in process. It has been 3 years since I last saw my husband. Mine is stuck at eligibility review.

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Yes It was transferred to Edmonton office in December 2019 and then to Saskatoon office in November 2020 so it is now in Saskatoon office. When I was a student I thought I will go see my husband who is India after getting my work permit. But never knew that my work permit will take near about two years in process. It has been 3 years since I last saw my husband. Mine is stuck at eligibility review.
did you order your GCMS notes ? or you can meet with your local M.P.

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
did you order your GCMS notes ? or you can meet with your local M.P.
Yes I did two three times ordered notes. There was some information they needed regarding my college change when I came new I provided all that information to ircc right away when I got inquiry. But after that it has been one year it says we do not need additional information in my account and there is no progress since one year. GCMS says workload transfer. I contacted MP last month IRCC did not replied to my mp’s inquiry its been 1 month. My lawyer said there nothing much we can do you have to wait and that’s all I can do now. Its so stressful.

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Yes I did two three times ordered notes. There was some information they needed regarding my college change when I came new I provided all that information to ircc right away when I got inquiry. But after that it has been one year it says we do not need additional information in my account and there is no progress since one year. GCMS says workload transfer. I contacted MP last month IRCC did not replied to my mp’s inquiry its been 1 month. My lawyer said there nothing much we can do you have to wait and that’s all I can do now. Its so stressful.
ya i know its very stressful . my drivers licence is also expired and i'm not working from one year .

Kuldeep gill

Star Member
Jan 19, 2020
ya i know its very stressful . my drivers licence is also expired and i'm not working from one year .
Yes but I think you can work because we are on implied status. I called my mp office today and they said they got reply from IRCC last week and IRCC said we cannot share information regarding this file now I am even more stressed. Any idea why they said this?

parminder7765

Aug 21, 2020
canada
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
edmonton
Yes but I think you can work because we are on implied status. I called my mp office today and they said they got reply from IRCC last week and IRCC said we cannot share information regarding this file now I am even more stressed. Any idea why they said this?
sorry, no idea why they said this. i can't work because i change my work permit from closed to open

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Same for me. Still waiting.
Work permit applied 15 Aug. 2019
Transfer Edmonton 30 Nov 2019
Still inprogress