ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
In how many days they respond please. If anybody knows??
For web-form they are likely to respond in a week.
For email to local office, no rule applies. They may not reply at all.

Sep 15, 2020
I applied for Common-Law work permit to support my spouse with studies in november 2019 and my sp was expiring nov 30 2019.
I got a call from officer to send transcripts and docs then my file was sent to edmonton on march5. Now my spouse’s study permit is ending this month so she is applying for an extention. Also we are moving from this apartment by october 15, i have the new address and my gf is using that for extention. But for my file I have heard back nothing, I gave a call to cic and agent said that processing time on my file shows march 2021. My file was paper filing and i cannot attach it to my online login. What you guys think is going on. I came here on a 2.5 year study permit and got two extentions for 1.5 year before applying for this work permit.

Guri01

Star Member
Feb 16, 2020
can someone telll how can My employer prove that he is eligible to participate in foreign worker programs...what docs required ???

vinaygarg141

Jan 30, 2019
AOR Received.
09-05-2019
File Transfer...
29-08-2019
Hi
I got an update from my study permit extension which was submitted on Feb 11th

“This letter refers to your application for a Study permit.
Application: S**********
Your application has been transferred to the Canada Immigration Centre located in Edmonton for processing. The Canada Immigration Centre will be contacting you with further instructions in due course.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada.”

The information letter definitely raised my concerns. I applied for study permit extension two months before my original permit expiry date.
My original permit was valid for four years unitl this year 6/30.
What will happen to my study permit extension next. I feel like file transferring to local CIC office is not a good sign.
I did remember I had a six months school break in 2017. Will this break impact negatively on my study permit extension?
I also ordered GCMS notes through my husband but it’s not coming.
Hi there

My work permit renewal file also got transferred from CPC Edmonton to CIC Edmonton office today.
What might be the reason? And it has already been more than 6 months since I applied for it.

Have you received your result yet or what??

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Hi there

My work permit renewal file also got transferred from CPC Edmonton to CIC Edmonton office today.
What might be the reason? And it has already been more than 6 months since I applied for it.

Have you received your result yet or what??
Apply a GCMS notes. It should include the reason. But to my experience, they transfer just because they want to do so.

callmekiis

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
23-01-2021
AOR Received.
21-08-2020
Med's Done....
16-10-2020
Always have same reason bro : work load distribution
Two months ago when I call them, they were sorry for the delay and said they would help me contact the Edmonton after the due date.
This month when I did so, they said COVID is responsible for everything and they have done their job in a decent manner, and so, will do nothing.

Bro, I believe we have a long time to wait.

Reactions: Naz786

Ayanna

VIP Member
Oct 4, 2020
Hi guys
I have questions and I’m worried about my work permit extension I applied for work permit extension on March 10 2020 I have no updates then suddenly I got update September 25 2020 after 200 days they transferred my file to cic Edmonton
Do you guys know why they send my file to Edmonton?

Aim@1211

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Hi guys
I have questions and I’m worried about my work permit extension I applied for work permit extension on March 10 2020 I have no updates then suddenly I got update September 25 2020 after 200 days they transferred my file to cic Edmonton
Do you guys know why they send my file to Edmonton?
So sad
You have to wait next 9 months from the date of transfer