+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

fedup of waiting

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
His documentation is not straight forward. There must be some ambiguity there. They need clarification. If he can not provide proper documentation within time frame they might not even send medical form . Let's hope for the best.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Hi Every Body,
I have submitted my case on 5th of November 2010.I got a scholarship from the University for my PhD studies. I got letter for my medical on 21st of November I resubmitted my passport on 30th of November. I was supposed to join the January session but then I have to defer it for May 2011.On 24th of January I got an interview call from CHC. The interview went pretty well and they treated me very politely. The guy who was interviewing me told me that I seem to be highly qualified person and might be beneficiary for the Canada as well. He told me that they have so much load of applications and there is huge backlog which is causing delay and he will forward my application with a special note indicating that this applicant already have to delay his studies so process this case with priority. I also submitted my TOEFL score and new admission letter during this interview.
Unfortunately I am still waiting for my visa and May is on the corner. I am wondering if the so called priority application is taking so long what would happen to those normal cases. I have sent them an email a month ago and have not got any response.
I have already traveled a lot I have been in Switzerland and France working as engineer. I also have been in Italy, Poland, Cyprus and Taiwan but have never seen this kind of behavior from any embassy. The most time for my previous applications were taken by French embassy and it was a month. My fingers are crossed let’s see what happens

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Was your interview conducted in urdu by a pakistani male or english by a canadian?

your post is a real eye opener and paints a scary picture.

you have still got one month, April. Probably by Mid April you will hear something.

There is a still glimmer of hope left for you.

what about those who have not even recieved a medical call yet, 45-50 days have passed by. they will probably defer their intake for fall.

They are earning so much, cant they hire more staff?

After reading your post Im losing hope.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
I got interview by a foreigner and it was in English. I am not angry that they are taking so much time I am angry of their unprofessional behavior we put lot of time and money to prepare and file visa application and it is very easy for them to sit quite and do nothing.But still I would suggest not to loose hope and have faith.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Beneficiary for the Canada? What this statement is supposed to mean? Will they award you something or what?

umair81 applied on jan 8 2011 here on the forum and got his passport back with visa on april 2.

your interview was conducted on jan 24.

you are probably next in line. fingers crossed.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
No they will not pay me or award me any thing but since I will get scholarship form the money of the Canadian tax payer and I think he wanted to say that my research contribution might repay that investment.DO you know if apart from umair81 any body else got visa.I am still hopeful and fortunately for me Canada is not the only option for me I can get another opportunity easily because of my previous research experience.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Apart from umair no one got visa yet. Waiting sucks. This is insanely unprofessional behavior on their part. Since Jan 24 , two months have passed by and no visa in sight. I salute you for your patience.
I guess apart from more waiting there is nothing much we can do.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
Yes you are right I have to wait and wanted to put a full stop to this opportunity before trying other .

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
During interview did they specially ask for your toefl score and new admission letter? How did you submit them? As you know, showing language report card is not a mandatory requirement of CHC.

Sab479

Star Member
Apr 4, 2011
yes you are right TOEFL is not mandatory but when I enter the CHC building the receptionist asked me if there are any extra document that you wanted to submit I have those with me and I submitted to her and when I went to an interview booth the guy has already those documents with him.But he told me that the basic purpose of interview was to ask me if I could produce those documents specially the new admission letter.Provision of TOEFL score was asked by the university not by CHC.

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Sab479 said:
yes you are right TOEFL is not mandatory but when I enter the CHC building the receptionist asked me if there are any extra document that you wanted to submit I have those with me and I submitted to her and when I went to an interview booth the guy has already those documents with him.But he told me that the basic purpose of interview was to ask me if I could produce those documents specially the new admission letter.Provision of TOEFL score was asked by the university not by CHC.
So, you are invited for in person interview. I thought like you were interviewed over the phone at home. How were you notified by them for the interview?

umar39

Star Member
Mar 2, 2011
u welcm...pray for us Sab Bro..6 nd half weeks have been past but i didn't receive any response from them..if they given u priority and u r still waiting ur aproval then wat would the ll do with rest of us..ohh its really depressing..m really upset because i already left spring session in pak for admission in master.i have to continue my study i did graduation only and wana do MBA but.....wat is going on..it waz really wrong decision to aply for canada..uk embassy is only taking 15 days to process aplication and they process large number of aplication than canada..hhhhhmmmmm really upset :-[ :-[ :'( :-\ :-\ ??? ???

nazia2k

Mar 9, 2011
Another follow up question, the basic purpose of conducting an interview was to see if you could produce new admission letter. Why is that?