File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
22. CIC has imposed moratoria on submission of new entrepreneur
applications and on parental sponsorships so that. according to CIC. it
can eliminate existing inventories. Why could ele not do the same for
FSW applicants? If not, why not?

22.1 I have been advised not to respond to this question.

30. If not, what assurance is there that the Minister will not change
his mind the next time he spies a microphone? In other wordsJ why
should anyone rely on anything elc says?

30.1 I have been advised not to answer this question.

51. How does ClC view the impact this arbitrary closing of 100,000
files will have on the iwillingness of those seeking to immigrate to be
willing to stand in an immigration queue as opposed to jumping on the
smugglers' next ship to Canada?

51.1 I have been advised not to answer this question.

57. If the answer is ~'no'" what assurance can anyonet have that elc
will keep its word? Aff:er all, ele enticed applicants with the promise of
processing files on a ~FO basisJ giving an estimated process time upon
receipt of each application, but abruptly changed it position on 27
February 2008. CIC, lafter instituting iis queue-jumping processing
policy, promised to prpcess the earlier applications; vide your Exhibit
; bUt, four years later, announced, effective the day before, that it
would close all un-asspssed FSW fiUs lodged before 27 February 2008;
vide your ~32; that it wpuld break that promise, too. ele stated that files
lodged after 27 February 2008 would be processed in under one year,
but breached that prpmise as well. So, why should anyone trust
anything CIC on this issue?

57.1 I have been adviJd notlo answer this question.

TIM HAS DONE A GREAT JOB!!!!

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
warmest said:
Vancouver still third in new Economist ranking of most livable cities

By Trevor Melanson, August 14, 2012

Vancouverites may be disappointed their city is no longer number one for livability according to The Economist, a ranking it lost last year to Melbourne after almost a decade at the top. But Canada as a whole continues to rank very well, with three cities in the top 10.

Vancouver came in third, just 0.2 points behind first-place Melbourne and 0.1 behind second-place Vienna. Toronto ranked fourth, 0.1 points behind Vancouver, and Calgary followed in fifth. A few cities on the lower-half of the list shuffled spots from last year, but not Canada's, which retained not only the same rankings from last year but the same scores as well.

The list tends to be dominated by Canadian and Australian cities, whose similar living conditions hit the mark for The Economist's methodology.

"As has been clear for several years now, the cities that do best in this ranking are mid-sized conurbations in countries with low population densities. Such conditions are likely to result in low crime levels, functioning infrastructure and easily available recreational activities," the magazine wrote in its Gulliver blog Tuesday.

Last year, The Economist said Vancouver's fall from grace was due to increased congestion, a point of contention for many Canadians, due to the the magazine citing closures on the Malahat highway on Vancouver Island as an example. The magazine later clarified:

"The author of the EIU's report has told me that he did not mean to suggest that Vancouver's fall from grace was a result of the closures of the Malahat highway on Vancouver Island, though many have understandably interpreted it this way and commented to this effect, both on this article and elsewhere. The Malahat closures were meant to provide an example of the congestion that has affected the region as a whole."

But perhaps Vancouver residents shouldn't be too upset with the latest report. In last year's, The Economist noted that the ranking had been conducted before the city's downtown riot, which it said was likely to cause the city to "head downward in subsequent iterations."

But riots be damned. Vancouver ranked and scored the same as it did in 2011.

The Top 10:

1. Melbourne 97.5
2. Vienna 97.4
3. Vancouver 97.3
4. Toronto 97.2
5. Calgary 96.6

6. Adelaide 96.6
7. Sydney 96.1
8. Helsinki 96.0
9. Perth 95.9
10. Auckland 95.7

http://www.canadianbusiness.com/blog/data/95251--vancouver-still-third-in-new-economist-ranking-of-most-livable-cities
Vancouver 5th Place in Global Quality of Life Ranking

Posted on December 4, 2012 by CICS Immigration editor

Vancouver once again ranked at the top among Canadian cities in a global quality of life index thanks to its temperate climate and the quality of its infrastructure.

The Mercer 2012 Quality of Life Ranking has again placed Vancouver as the top spot to live in Canada and the Americas. Beating out the West Coast city globally were Vienna, Austria (1st), Zurich, Switzerland (2nd), Auckland, New Zealand (3rd), and Munich, Germany (4th).

Other Canadian cities lost points to Vancouver because of their colder climates which according to the index affects quality of life. Calgary (32nd), which has experienced an economic boom over the last two decades thanks to Alberta’s expanding oil production, also lost points to Vancouver, and other Canadian cities, due to a lack of an international airport.

The Mercer index also ranked cities by the quality of their infrastructure, an area where Vancouver also ranked well in, placing 9th worldwide and first in the Americas. The top spot for infrastructure went to the South East Asian free market bastion of Singapore, followed by the Northern European metropolises of Frankfurt (tied 2nd), Munich (tied 2nd), Copenhagen (4th), Düsseldorf (5th) and London (tied 6th).

Three other Canadian cities ranked in the top five in the Americas in the quality of life rankings: at second Ottawa (14th), at third Toronto (15th), and placing fourth Montreal (23rd). Honolulu, Hawaii (28th) rounded out the top 5 in the Americas.

http://www.cicsimmigration.com/news/

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
Dear Warmest and noon
Please continue posting your very valuable topics. They are useful and they safe the time of members who do not have to search for various updates in several sites.
Thanks alot for your efforts. :-*

Wish007

Sep 17, 2012
Thanks Hopeful4 for your understanding.

Actually I am one of them who usually do not get time for searching various updates in several sites.

Also thanks to Warmest, noon and others for their continuous effort to update us. :)

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
CIC can make all the fuss in the world, but the bottom line is they HAVE TO PROCESS all the filles they received. It is a contractual obligation since they received money ( a whole lot of it, enough to run their impoverished economy ).
Jason Kenney and CIC will be getting a rude shock on the 16th of January 2013.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
st-cnncomes said:
CIC can make all the fuss in the world, but the bottom line is they HAVE TO PROCESS all the filles they received. It is a contractual obligation since they received money ( a whole lot of it, enough to run their impoverished economy ).
Yes there is a greater probability for that!!!!!!

&

Welcome st-cnncomes

hopeful4

Sep 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-9-2007
Doc's Request.
10-3-2010
AOR Received.
18-1-2008
IELTS Request
10-3-2010
File Transfer...
17-5-2012
Med's Request
18-3-2013
Med's Done....
21-3-2013
Passport Req..
16-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
26-4-2013
LANDED..........
June-July 2013
noon said:
Yes there is a greater probability for that!!!!!!

&

Welcome st-cnncomes
We will prevail friends keep hope and good spirit ;D

hopefulever

Feb 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDLS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2004
Doc's Request.
Nov 2008
It is not clear which lead case represents which group of litigants.where as EMAM was originally lead case in rest of the first already won case , There are four more groups of Mr lehay. So in fact there are five groups being undertaken by lehay Any one who can put some light on this imbiguity.

umerrais79

Star Member
Nov 24, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad than London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-08-2005
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
30-08-2005
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
29-09-2010 From Islamabad to London
Can anyone tell me that I have applied for my Caip Notes 1 month ago, but there is no reply from them until now could you please tell me that how I contact to CIC and ask them about the status that where is my Caip notes and when I got them. Plz give me any related email address.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
CIC can make all the fuss in the world, but the bottom line is they HAVE TO PROCESS all the filles they received.
Actually, no, they don't have to. They're free to alter the rules of immigration whenever it suits the betterment of Canada. The purpose of CIC is to set the rules for immigration - not to have the rules dictated to them by people from outside Canada.

st-cnncomes said:
It is a contractual obligation since they received money ( a whole lot of it, enough to run their impoverished economy ).
All the money they received for applications will be returned to the applicants, or has already been returned.

st-cnncomes said:
I think you better brace yourself for a long road of disappointment if you really believe that everything will magically change in 41 days.

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
st-cnncomes said:
st-cnncomes: Welcome to this forum! I like your optimism!

sam

ns777

Oct 22, 2012
Dear Friends,

I am just curious to know what is the difference between "Letter advising that no reasons exitst on FILE for termination under S.87.4 (1) IRPA sent by embassy of ...." & "Letter advising that no reasons exist on APPLICATION terminated under S.87.4 (1)IRPA sent by Embassy of ...." My intention is to know the differences between "FILE" and "APPLICATION" mentioned above. let us know your thoughts please.

warmest

Oct 11, 2012
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Mar 2005
Doc's Request.
Submitted along with application
AOR Received.
04 Jun 2005
IELTS Request
Submitted in Jul 2005
Can our Justice System be compared to the Canadian one?

18 June 2012, By KNews

Dear Sir,
A few months ago the local press publicized that the Canadian Government will refund processing fees to all skilled workers applicants who filed their applications for Permanent Residence in Canada before 28th February 2008 in order to get rid of the backlog applications. They also quoted press releases from the Canadian Minister of Immigration, Mr. Jason Kenney.
However, the local press failed to publish that over nine hundred skilled workers applicants had filed a class action lawsuit against the Minister of Immigration and the Canadian Government against this move, sued Immigration Minister Jason Kenney for violating the pledge to assess and finalize decisions in a timely fashion.
They asked the court to order the Immigration Department to process their applications within a reasonable time frame.
In a decision released Thursday June 14th 2012, Justice Donald Rennie rejected the Minister’s argument that the delay is justified because he has the authority to make policies.
Ottawa has suffered a major setback in eliminating its immigration backlog after the federal court ruled the government is obliged to process all applications it accepted into the system.
“The minister can set instructions that permit him to return some applications without processing them at all, and thus obviously there is no further duty in respect of those applications,” the judge wrote in a 24-page decision.
“However, for those that are determined eligible for processing, the duty to do so in a reasonably timely manner remains.”

What lesson does the above scenario have for Guyana? Can our Justice System be compared to the Canadian one? It only takes a few months for this case to be heard and a decision made.
Balwant Persaud

http://www.kaieteurnewsonline.com/2012/06/18/can-our-justice-system-be-compared-to-the-canadian-one/

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
umerrais79 said:
Can anyone tell me that I have applied for my Caip Notes 1 month ago, but there is no reply from them until now could you please tell me that how I contact to CIC and ask them about the status that where is my Caip notes and when I got them. Plz give me any related email address.
umerrais79,

My views about your case:

1.You applied in 2005 and send updated documents along with application.(Eventhough you send updated documents, your updated documents will not be reviewed until visa officer is in a position to review your file ie, your file comes out of queue)
2.Visa officer was about to review your file only on june 2012. so they send you request to update documents. This request they sends to updated applicants and not updated applicants alike.
3. You were not needed to provide those documents you provided along with your application.But recent PCC, addition in family composition, change in family status may be needed again.
4.Job growth......act cancells all applications which a visa officer could not make a selection decision before march 29,(this is done after updation request ,in your case after june )
5. You got a letter stating that your application is terminated by job growth...act.
6.You joined litigation so that your file could be saved.
7.You did not get Ontario nomination.To receive Ontario nomination you should have selected Ontario in your application as the province you would like to settle. If you had selected other provinces, you are eligible for that province's backlog reduction programme only.(Very funny!!!!)
8. They are not responding to your CAIPS request. I have seen many people receiving CAIPS after 45 days.

9.My perception is that since you joined litigation, you are able to ask caips notes through your lawyer . That will be more reliable.

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
So Tuyen ur the dude in the forum who has all the smart answers ?

1. According to you, CIC doesn't have to process all application ? Have they mentioned it anywhere that they don't have to do so ? Have they mentioned it anywhere that there is no gaurantee that they have to process our files ? Have they mentioned it anywhere that they may return our fee without processing ? No prizes for guessing what the answers is.

2. So they are trying to return our fees ? Tell them to shove it up, its not required. These misfits enjoyed the intrest. ( ON UNEARNED MONEY ) the audicity.

3. Well if CIC can make laws to suit them so can we. We too can sue them to eternity because its suits us. For example my fee is CAD 100000.00 a year for keeping my on hold. Its not written in the agreement but this suits me, ur getting my point ?

4. Oh in case u forgot, let me remind you it was not me that approached CIC to grant me a PR Visa, rather it was CIC that was in need and published an add, since we met the criteria we applied, so CIC is not doing us a favor, take that out of ur brains. This is 100% a contractual agreement. CIC has taken unearned money they are bound to process our files.