AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Some excerpts from the letter send to the Canadian Government by National Immigration Law Section of the Canadian Bar Association on may 2012 before the implementation of sec 87.4 of the bill C-38(Jobs Growth and Long term prosperity act)

We recognize the importance of ensuring that Canada's immigration system responds to our changing labour market needs. But the backlog reduction in Bill C-38 far overreaches its stated objective and fails to meet principles of accountability and transparency.

Closing pre-2008 FSW files means changing the rules mid-stream. This will harm Canada's reputation and integrity in the immigration field, undermining public confidence, and operating counter to Canada's economic interests.

While the government intends to reimburse application fees, the bill absolves the government from liability for other costs and damages − be it language training and other studies, legal fees, other costs associated with preparing to immigrate to another country, or the difficult-to-quantify cost of lost opportunities for those who could have applied through other programs or to other countries. If Bill C-38 becomes law, complaints may arise under the Federal Accountability Act 8 and to the Office of the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner of Canada for potential gross mismanagement inC. Rule of Law .A fundamental cornerstone of Canadian law is the Rule of Law.

The expectation of the FSW applicants affected by C-38 was that their applications would be processed if filed in accordance with sections 10 and 11 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, paid for in accordance with section 294, and not returned pursuant to section 12.
There is no legal authority or precedent in Canadian law for the government to refuse to process completed applications. There was no notice at the time of filing that the applications might be returned unprocessed.

While those who applied prior to 27 February 2008 had no guarantee that their application would result in a positive decision, they had a reasonable expectation that it would be considered on its merits and would likely be successful if they achieved 67 points.

The proposed changes constitute an “unusual or unexpected use of the authority conferred on the Minister”, contrary to s.3 (2)(b) of the Statutory Instruments Act.

In Dragan, a class of 124 applicants who had applied for permanent residence prior to the enactment of the IRPA sought a writ of mandamus to compel the Minister to assess their applications under the criteria in the previous legislation. The Court granted mandamus for 102 applicants, ordering the Minister to assess those applications by 31 March 2003 in accordance with the former legislation. The Court found the government neglected to make best efforts to assess the applications before 31 March 2003 and had violated the legislative intent of IRPA – specifically the “prompt processing” objective in s. 3(1)(f) – because no special effort had been made to process the backlog at visa posts with significant inventory.

The same might be said of the pre-2008 FSW backlog. Although reduced from estimated highs in 2008 of 800,000 applicants, the Minister has opted to process post-2008 applications at a much higher rate than the pre-2008 cases.

Mandamus is currently being pursued by some of the 300,000 applicants who will be impacted by Bill C-38. Aside from the and the cost to taxpayercould plunge the immigration system into a worse position with respect to its backlog, similar to what occurred after Dragan in 2003.

New Zealand Experience
Canada can learn from the experience of New Zealand, where the government attempted to retroactively change immigration eligibility criteria in the “General Skills” and “Long Term Business Visa” categories. These changes were challenged at the Auckland High Court in New Zealand Association for Migration and Investments (NZAMI) v. Attorney General17. NZAMI argued that the retrospective application of stricter rules contravened the affected applicants' legitimate expectations. The court accepted this argument, and struck down the impugned law

kau_shik_patel

Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
SASKATCHEWAN - NDVO
NOC Code......
2281/2282
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-09-2015
Doc's Request.
13-04-2016
Nomination.....
25-04-2016
AOR Received.
20-07-2016
IELTS Request
Already Submitted
File Transfer...
19-08-2016
Med's Request
16-12-2016
Med's Done....
28-12-2016
Interview........
00-00-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-2017
LANDED..........
00-00-2017
Latest Entry in IMM-7502-11

Letter with attachments from Applicant dated 04-DEC-2012 pursuant to the oral directions issued 04-DEC, the Applicant has sent all recent correspondence for this file to all parties in the case management group. received on 04-DEC-2012.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
1. According to you, CIC doesn't have to process all application ? Have they mentioned it anywhere that they don't have to do so ?
Yeah...they mentioned it. When they announced that they're eliminating all pre-2008 applications, that's when they mentioned it. What about YOUR argument? Do you have something in writing from CIC which says that they will - under any and all circumstances - process your application? No, you don't.

st-cnncomes said:
Have they mentioned it anywhere that there is no gaurantee that they have to process our files ?
You're assuming there was some kind of built-in guarantee when you applied. I have news for you: there wasn't.

st-cnncomes said:
2. So they are trying to return our fees ? Tell them to shove it up, its not required. These misfits enjoyed the intrest. ( ON UNEARNED MONEY ) the audicity.
Oh and what's the big deal with the "interest"? Are you implying that CIC decided to close all those files so that they can get rich off your insignificant little interest that they earned? And what if they offered to give you back your full application fees PLUS interest? Would that shut you up?

st-cnncomes said:
3. Well if CIC can make laws to suit them so can we.
You still don't understand, do you? CIC is the Canadian government. THEY determine the rules as to who comes into Canada, not you, and not a bunch of people from 200 different countries who decide to join together in some ridiculous class action lawsuit. Canada has every right to set ITS OWN immigration policies, and doesn't have to come and ask for YOUR advice or to see if you're okay with everything before they implement new rules.

st-cnncomes said:
We too can sue them to eternity because its suits us.
If you have money to burn, then yes, of course you can sue them as much as you want. Your lawyers are MORE than happy to take your money.

st-cnncomes said:
For example my fee is CAD 100000.00 a year for keeping my on hold. Its not written in the agreement but this suits me, ur getting my point ?
No, I don't get your point, because it's complete nonsense.
If you had a written contract IN ADVANCE of submitting your application whereby you had a termination clause that specified a payment of $100,000 per year for keeping you on hold, then yes, you would absolutely be entitled to that money. But you have no such contract, and no such clause. The Canadian government owes you nothing.

st-cnncomes said:
4. Oh in case u forgot, let me remind you it was not me that approached CIC to grant me a PR Visa, rather it was CIC that was in need and published an add, since we met the criteria we applied, so CIC is not doing us a favor, take that out of ur brains.
Really? So if CIC wasn't doing you any favours, why are you so upset? ::)

st-cnncomes said:
This is 100% a contractual agreement. CIC has taken unearned money they are bound to process our files.
They haven't stolen your money, don't worry. You'll be getting a full refund, if you haven't already. But I'm sure you'll be funneling it right over to your lawyer who has promised you the moon, and of course you believed him. ::)

sac

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2008
AOR Received.
28-05-2008
Hello Warmest!

January 14th is fast approaching. We brace for the outcome of the court hearing. We seek justice and we put trust in rule of law and justice system of Canada. Wherever this litigation lead us, we tried to seek redress. And if the Court finds our case without merit, there is no end of the world for us. If one door closes for us, another one opens. Canada is a beautiful country with decent people residing there. That is why we want to come and live the rest of our lives there, become productive citizens and contribute not only to its economy but also to nation-building. It is a country of diverse peoples. Our aspirations to add ourselves to its life as a nation is also at the same time our longing to participate in the vast opportunities it offers to would be Canadians among us immigrants. So we take heart as our litigation is ongoing while at the same time maintain the pragmatism that perhaps our cause ends where the Canadian justice system sees its government has observed the law and is just when it "reforms" its immigration laws and policies.

Cheers!

Sam

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hi sac,
Enjoy one more year in Manila. Next year you will be in Canada.You will win the litigation.

accra2005

Jan 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2005
AOR Received.
17-10-2005
IELTS Request
waiting
tuyen said:
He definitely could be - if he marries a Canadian.

Tuyen,
Tuyi or whatever u called urself, ur senses of humanity is gone and u are such an individual who thinks they have achieved bothers not about other. People are talking about Canada's injustice with their application. U keep on saying rubbish just because u are in canada already. Put urself in that position and think of it.

st-cnncomes

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
1. Ur rigth only when they announce it. Its not in the form. So you can keep anwering your own questions LOL ! With regards to the other half of your question the answer is YES. They have mentioned it very explicitly that our files would be processed according to the order it was received. So don't give those fast ones.
2. If ur only summing up my interest then its hilarious, its the interest of thousands and thousands of applicants. UNEARNED MONEY. If they offered my money with interest, they can also offer my 9 years back. Can they ?? I think ur a confused person, you dont get the point, CIC owes me money and time, I don't owe them a dime.
3. Correct Canada has a right to set its own immigration policies, as long as it doesn't infringe on our rights. You cannont sell something by taking money and asking the client to wait for years and then tell the client sorry but i don't have the product. If Canada doesn't have the ability to make sound immigration policies thats too bad. They have to be sued and screwed.
4. Canada has lost almost every time.
5.Tuyen now ur getting my point, I dont have a written contract that CIC owes me CAD 100000 a year, similarly CIC doesn't have a written contract with me that states they can terminate my file without processing.
6. Getting a refund after nine years , he he he he, that my friend is as good as stolen. GETTIN A REFUND AFTER GETTING CAUGHT FOR STEALING ;D
7. CIC cant afford telling us what to do and what not to. It we who will call the shots.

annel

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Sout Africa
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2007
AOR Received.
27-12-2007
noon said:
Hi sac,
Enjoy one more year in Manila. Next year you will be in Canada.You will win the litigation.

Noon, i agree 100% and i'm one of the PRE FEB 2007 that cannot wait for 2013. Imagine this time next year we will all be celebrating a white Christmas. Maybe we should start a new TOPIC after our court winning. Maybe something in the line of LITIGATION WINNING CELEBRATION IN CANADA :p :p :p :p

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
i am planning to apply for fsw 2013

EDUCATION: MCA, BCA and RHCE.
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3.4 years as software engineer.
ADAPTABILITY: my sister lives in Calgary(PR)
LANGUAGE: IELTS (ACADEMIC) overall 6.5 (Speaking 6.5, listening 6.5, reading 5.5, writing 5.5) , french Delf A1 (68)..
i am planning to give IELTS (general)

AS PER RUMORS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (computer engineer) OCCUPATION WILL BE THERE IN NEW LIST OF 2013. :D

i have a query when one should have to show the funds "during applying or at landing after getting the visa?"

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hi sunnythe shine,

Canada needs thousands of people like you. But now there is a problem with CIC being not able to clear its existing backlog so it cannot open new FSW 1 programme. Another problem is your visaoffice-Newdelhi. Newdelhi has the heaviest backlog. There is a better chance that the current litigation suing CIC for closing of pre feb 2008 will be won by litigants. Then New delhi visa office will have to process nearly 1 lakh applications. How fast CIC can process new applications in New delhi will be a big question then.Since you have your sister settled in Canada,ask her to sponsor you thru provincial nominee programme. I heard that Manitoba PNP is good . Go on with your plan. Wish you land in Canada.

sunnytheshine

Feb 13, 2012
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
Thanks noon :)

My sister lives in Calgary, Alberta.. can she sponsor me through PNP.
i think Alberta has closed family sponsor program.

noon

Mar 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2004
Doc's Request.
11-10-2008
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
28-07-2004
IELTS Request
november 2006
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
I think it is waived
Hi sunnytheshine,

refer here for details, http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-fs-family-stream.aspx

Advantage with PNP family stream is that your blood relative can move to any province and sponsor you from there.
Try your luck.

avijitsg

Sep 23, 2012
Quote from UnfairCIC website:
23 November 2012
Mr. Justice Rennie was appointed to preside at the January 14th-16th hearing. Justice Rennie presided at the first hearing on June 5th and issued the June 14th decision where he ordered CIC to finalize the lead cases within 120 days. (His visa was issued sixty days later.) He also held that the February 3rd Agreement would govern disposition of the other files, but CIC has refused to do so.
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Shajitmathew

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
Latest up date on IMM-7502-11

2012-12-06 Ottawa Communication to the Court from the Registry dated 06-DEC-2012 re: A's letter of 06-DEC sent to court for directions

2012-12-06 Ottawa Letter from Applicant dated 06-DEC-2012 requesting that the Court directs the Respondent to circulate all correspondence between any party regarding terms of involvement at the upcoming JR hearing. (with attachments) (Letter was also sent to all involved counsel in the case management group) received on 06-DEC-2012

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
st-cnncomes said:
With regards to the other half of your question the answer is YES. They have mentioned it very explicitly that our files would be processed according to the order it was received.
Show me.
Scan a piece of paper from CIC which said that they will process your application NO MATTER WHAT, under any and all circumstances that may arise in the future, even if the world explodes.

st-cnncomes said:
2. If ur only summing up my interest then its hilarious, its the interest of thousands and thousands of applicants. UNEARNED MONEY.
Yes, I'm aware that you were referring to interest from EVERYONE who applied. My point is still the same: the interest on that money is VERY VERY small. Surely you can't be so ridiculous as to think that the only reason they tossed out all those applications was so they could pocket the "interest".

st-cnncomes said:
If they offered my money with interest, they can also offer my 9 years back. Can they ?? I think ur a confused person, you dont get the point, CIC owes me money and time, I don't owe them a dime.
No, the only person confused here is you. You're not only confused, but you're delusional, too. The only thing they need to give back to you is your money for the application. Nothing more. They didn't take "time" away from you. Or wait...maybe I'm wrong. Did somebody from CIC come and lock you up in a room for the last 9 years? Did they prevent you from living your normal life every day with your friends and family? Did they prevent you from earning a living in your home country (or some other country)? The answer to all of those questions is, of course, NO.

st-cnncomes said:
3. Correct Canada has a right to set its own immigration policies, as long as it doesn't infringe on our rights.
You don't HAVE any rights under Canadian law because you're not a Canadian citizen, nor are you a Canadian resident. I'm not sure where you got these delusional thoughts that Canada's legal system should be applied to everyone else on the planet. Under YOUR special brand of thinking, a person who's on trial in a country with a completely different set of laws could go and argue that their "rights" are being infringed upon because under CANADIAN law, they would be completely protected. Sorry, that's not how it works. Your country has its own set of laws, and if I go to court here in Canada, I can't use YOUR country's laws to prevail in MY own case.

There are parts of the world where men are allowed to have multiple wives. There are also places where a man can marry his own daughter. Do you think those people should come to Canada and then go sue the Canadian government because Canada won't allow them to have multiple wives or because they won't be allowed to marry their daughters?

st-cnncomes said:
You cannont sell something by taking money and asking the client to wait for years and then tell the client sorry but i don't have the product.
This wasn't a PRODUCT that you ordered online. This was a matter of immigration, and under ANY immigration application, you are never guaranteed anything. Just because you waited 9 months or 9 years - it doesn't mean you were automatically GUARANTEED to be approved just because you sent in your application.

st-cnncomes said:
If Canada doesn't have the ability to make sound immigration policies thats too bad. They have to be sued and screwed.
Sound immigration policies according to WHOM? Are YOU the one who's going to decide what qualifies as "sound immigration policies" for Canada? ::)

st-cnncomes said:
5.Tuyen now ur getting my point, I dont have a written contract that CIC owes me CAD 100000 a year, similarly CIC doesn't have a written contract with me that states they can terminate my file without processing.
That's exactly right! You don't HAVE a contract with CIC, which is why they can process OR terminate your application at their discretion. Anything other than that is nothing more than wishful thinking on your part, and delusional thoughts that were planted into your head by your lawyers who were willing to say anything to get you to hand over your money to them.

st-cnncomes said:
6. Getting a refund after nine years , he he he he, that my friend is as good as stolen. GETTIN A REFUND AFTER GETTING CAUGHT FOR STEALING ;D
I don't know if I want to laugh at you, or cry for you. Sometimes the things you say are just so utterly absurd that all I can do is shake my head in disbelief.

st-cnncomes said:
7. CIC cant afford telling us what to do and what not to. It we who will call the shots.
LOL
Riiiiight...
So it's not CIC who will determine who gets into Canada. Instead, we're going to let would-be immigrants make the rules and call the shots.